Official Love for the Milwaukee Brewers Thread

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)
Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder have both homered again tonight, those 2 are just insane.

And they haven't scored since. That team's going to need to add another bat if they want to make the playoffs. Jeff Suppan's contact with them is going to be quite the poor choice in the long run.

Edited by fathom

Prince hits a rocket off the wall to put the Brewers ahead.

And just like that, the Brewers give the lead back up. They're not a very good team, as they only have one real good starter. And Ned Yost is leaving Capuano out to die right now.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
fathom,

can you imagine how bad things would be for them right now without Ryan Braun.

They would be Prince and a bunch of stiffs.

They're just not a very good team. They had some guys playing over their head early on (Hardy, Vargas), but their starting pitching seems to be tiring. I think this is the 8th straight start of Capuano's that they've lost. To possibly lose 3 games from your lead during the week you're playing two of the worst teams in the NL is not how you want to go into the break.

The Brewers should be okay. If things get bad enough with their rotation, eventually they'll have to just go put Gallardo back into the rotation.

I'm still waiting for the Cards to make a push, too. They're only four behind the Cubs and haven't had anything go right for them in the first half. With Carpenter coming back and hopefully a little more luck in the second half, they should make a push.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
They're just not a very good team.

Certainly not nearly as good as your the Cubs, right?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 07:37 PM)
The Brewers should be okay. If things get bad enough with their rotation, eventually they'll have to just go put Gallardo back into the rotation.

I'm still waiting for the Cards to make a push, too. They're only four behind the Cubs and haven't had anything go right for them in the first half. With Carpenter coming back and hopefully a little more luck in the second half, they should make a push.

Certainly not nearly as good as your the Cubs, right?

I think the three teams you mentioned should battle it out. And you do know I hate the Cubs more than anyone, right? The team that puzzles me is the Astros. They should be so much better, as I really like their lineup.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 13, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
Cubs only 3.5 back now....the Brewers have lost Capuano's last 10 starts.

is capuano hurt? i saw him earlier this year against the cubs and he looked good. i hope he can get it together because it looks like the cubs arent going away

QUOTE(lord chas @ Jul 14, 2007 -> 12:13 AM)
is capuano hurt? i saw him earlier this year against the cubs and he looked good. i hope he can get it together because it looks like the cubs arent going away

He left the game May 2 with an injury, and has spent time on the disabled list with a strained left groin since then.....