Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing concrete connecting him to KU. Everyone assumes it's KU because it's KU. Bill Self comes to town yesterday and doesn't bother to say hi to him. That's telling to me, and probably telling to him. I think Memphis is the real competition here.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
There's nothing concrete connecting him to KU. Everyone assumes it's KU because it's KU. Bill Self comes to town yesterday and doesn't bother to say hi to him. That's telling to me, and probably telling to him. I think Memphis is the real competition here.

There's plenty connecting him to KU. Wish I could post it.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
Wow, didn't expect Blackmon to come back to IU. That's great, he's supposed to be a phenomenal shooter.

Huge get for Crean and Indiana. Brian Snow and Scout basically guaranteeing JaQuan Lyle commits to Indiana if he makes it this weekend after his SAT.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 1, 2013 -> 08:05 AM)
Is Marion in the same class/division as North Central, Lawrence North, etc.?

They are a 4A team (biggest division) like North Central, LN, Carmel, and the Indy schools. They are in the NCC, which has the most state titles in IHSAA history, with the top two teams being Marion and Muncie Central (9). Marion has 7 state titles, the last behind one Zach Randolph in 2000. They also produced three straight titles with the Jay Edwards, Lyndon Jones crew in the mid 80's.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 1, 2013 -> 06:24 AM)
Huge get for Crean and Indiana. Brian Snow and Scout basically guaranteeing JaQuan Lyle commits to Indiana if he makes it this weekend after his SAT.

Wow, Lyle has really turned himself completely around in these few months.....

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)

You haven't heard? He has gotten rid of every single bad influence in his life and is now a choir boy. That's why he has tons of schools knocking the doors down to get him.....

He is definitely talented though, I'll give you that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)

Never did I say he did, but I do know Cliff Alexanders "hanger ons" are no longer involved with JaQuan, which is a big start. I'm still very hesitant about taking Lyle, but you can't deny the talent that is there. Would I prefer Crean stand pat now and hold out for a big in the spring? You bet... But God knows he's not (nor any coach), going to turn down a top ten talent if they want to come. Still don't think he can qualify.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)
A good source predicts that when Cliff makes his announcement, the two hats on the table will be Illinois and DePaul. WhaaaaT?

Interesting none the less for Illini fans.

This terrifies me for some reason.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
Guy I know who is close to the situation and following it predicts Cliff and Lyle to Kansas because they're offering "the most". Wink wink. No surprise to anyone.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 08:51 AM)
A good source predicts that when Cliff makes his announcement, the two hats on the table will be Illinois and DePaul. WhaaaaT?

Interesting none the less for Illini fans.

So does this mean Illinois and DePaul upped their offers?

Also:

Taylor Rooks Sports @ImTaylorRooks

Speaking with Cliff Alexander now about the "choosing between Illinois and DePaul" rumor. Says that it is "not true." @humblekid11

He also said the no unofficial visit to MSU rumor wasn't true....and then he didn't make an unofficial visit and dropped MSU from his list.

Edited by Jenksismybitch