Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 28, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Rumors are that Groce got a silent verbal from someone this weekend. Would have to be either DJ Williams or Charles Matthews. Either would be great.

If true, I would guess Charles Mathews. He seems to love Illinois judging by tweets.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 09:04 AM)
Jerry Meyer switched his prediction of Jaquan Lyle to IU last night.

Would he qualify?

Doesn't seem likely, but stranger things have happened. There's never been a question about his talent, as he was the best in Indiana in the 2014 class. He's now at prep school and Rabjohns and Peegs have said the bad influences are out of his life and things are looking way up for him. Still plenty of work to do in the classroom, but we'll see. I could see IU taking him and putting him on a faculty scholarship in the summer to see if he can qualify, much like they did with Ron Patterson before he got busted. I know his grandmother has always wanted him at IU.

Just such a weird recruiting year for Indiana. I'm ready for 2015 and 2016 after the whole Lyles/Blackmon fiasco. There's a boatload of talent in state in 2016. Can definitely see Illinois picking up a few.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 08:18 AM)
Doesn't seem likely, but stranger things have happened. There's never been a question about his talent, as he was the best in Indiana in the 2014 class. He's now at prep school and Rabjohns and Peegs have said the bad influences are out of his life and things are looking way up for him. Still plenty of work to do in the classroom, but we'll see. I could see IU taking him and putting him on a faculty scholarship in the summer to see if he can qualify, much like they did with Ron Patterson before he got busted. I know his grandmother has always wanted him at IU.

Just such a weird recruiting year for Indiana. I'm ready for 2015 and 2016 after the whole Lyles/Blackmon fiasco. There's a boatload of talent in state in 2016. Can definitely see Illinois picking up a few.

Illinois only has 1 scholly (currently) for 2016, and they are going hard after a few Illinois guys. With the history of Indiana hs players only teasing Illinois I doubt we really venture deep into that group. We'll see though.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
That would be huge for the Illini, he's a stud.

Marcus Jackson said there were no silent commitments over the weekend. But I still think Illinois is in good position with Matthews.

Devin Robinson is going to Florida. Wasn't he an Indiana lock at one point? Sounds like Crean might get Lyle, but this years class started with so much promise and is now pretty bad.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 10:46 PM)
Damn, I really wanted Robinson. I think he's going to be a stud.

2014 not looking so hot; I'm not sure what to expect with Johnson. I'm really hoping for Malachi Richardson in the 2015 class.

Wanted Robinson too. Sounds like playing time was a big issue for him. Florida loses most of their 3/4 wings, and Indiana is stacked at that position. Just goes back to Indiana getting in pretty late with him. For two plus years Indiana had Lyles/Blackmon in the fold and Crean concentrated on 2015/2016 because a lot of scholarships come off the books in those years. I see the '15 class as Malachi Richardson, Bryant Crawford, and a big or two. '16 will be when Crean hits the state hard again, as there's nothing instate in '15. Honestly think one of Indiana's next commits will be TJ Leaf, a 2016 forward from Cali. About as big of a lock as you can get it sounds like. But we shall see...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 06:21 PM)
Alexander down to KU, Illinois, DePaul and Memphis. I'm starting to really think Alexander to Illinois happens. I think Okafor and Jones go to KU and Alexander pulls the trigger for Illinois.

I know this is an Illinois crowd, but I would love to see DePaul win. I want to see that tradition come back.

I think Cliff coming to Illinois is all predicated on how he feels about those other guys going to KU. There will be much more legitimate competition for PT and attention at KU. There's no chance someone takes minutes away from Cliff at U of I and no real chance that other star players take the spotlight away or, more importantly, take his share of points and such. He does not want some flukey thing to happen where he needs to stay an extra year because another top guy beat him out for playing time and/or his numbers didn't get him a good enough chance at being a lottery pick