Official Recruiting Thread II

Notre Dame picks up 5 star WR Michael Floyd this weekend after his official to the ND/USC game. Thats 20 recruits now for the greatest ND recruiting class ever assembled. Jonas Gray and Trevor Robinson are also very highly interested now. Talent level should be very good next season.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
Thad Matta keeps getting the guys he wants Golden gives O. State his verbal. Tennesee gets a nice pickup as well with Woolridge.

Thad is a recruiting machine. Also gets 3 star Cameron Wright. So far for 2010 he has 2 5's and a 3 star. Just keep reloading!!!

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
Thad is a recruiting machine. Also gets 3 star Cameron Wright. So far for 2010 he has 2 5's and a 3 star. Just keep reloading!!!

Are you really that excited over 2010 verbals? I can't see being real happy about the whims of 16-yr olds.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Never knew that Sam McGuffie is white. My god he is a beast. Can't wait to see Ohio State destroy him though!

Ha, I said the same thing when I first saw his youtube videos. He is like a videogame.

And you're wrong on the OSU thing. :P

Sam has really struggled this year with injuries. He had an ankle problem in pre-season and made it worse in the first game. He sat out three games and then came back for three, but it is still not 100%. He sat out this week's game as well. Apparently all it needs is rest, but he is going to try and play through it when he can to help his team get to the playoffs.

On top of that, he hurt one of his shoulders and that has been hampering him as well. It has not allowed him to be as physical when making contact and causes him to tend to turn his back to the defender at contact and keeps him from blocking effectively at all.

Playing through all of that, he still has over 700 yards in just 4 games. You can still see the potential for him to do the things he did in his video, but he can't really cut or be as physical right now. None of the injuries are reported to have any long-term effects however.

UM should have an interesting competition at RB next year, with Kevin Grady coming back (apparently he was running as good as he ever had in the spring before getting hurt) and both Brandon Minor and Carlos Brown stepping up this year. Add McGuffie and you have some nice depth.

looks like 2010 swingman crandall head (rich central) will make his college choice this week. it's expected head (luther head's brother) will choose illinois.

also, zook a committment from homewood-flossmoor's suppo sanni (lb/s).

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
looks like 2010 swingman crandall head (rich central) will make his college choice this week. it's expected head (luther head's brother) will choose illinois.

also, zook a committment from homewood-flossmoor's suppo sanni (lb/s).

The unreal recruiting turnaround for Weber continues. Crandall Head is from Rich South by the way. Oh, and the HS basketball shootout at Assembly Hall has become an absolute must see for Illini fans. Richmond, Bertrand, Paul, Richardson, and Head will all be there. Plus, Whitney Young is playing and they have our current top target Anthony Johnson (2010) as well as having a bunch of other talented guards (Chris Colvin, Marcus Jordan, Ahmad Starks, etc.). For the first time Weber can actually kind of wait for a recruit without feeling the pressure of the world collapsing if he misses. I really think we put the full court press on AJ and kind of wait him out now as the last guard in those two classes.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 02:19 AM)
The unreal recruiting turnaround for Weber continues. Crandall Head is from Rich South by the way. Oh, and the HS basketball shootout at Assembly Hall has become an absolute must see for Illini fans. Richmond, Bertrand, Paul, Richardson, and Head will all be there. Plus, Whitney Young is playing and they have our current top target Anthony Johnson (2010) as well as having a bunch of other talented guards (Chris Colvin, Marcus Jordan, Ahmad Starks, etc.). For the first time Weber can actually kind of wait for a recruit without feeling the pressure of the world collapsing if he misses. I really think we put the full court press on AJ and kind of wait him out now as the last guard in those two classes.

getting crandall this week would be huge on many levels. it essentially leaves two scholarships available for the next three years which you'd have to think would create more of a sense of urgency for the guys vying for those spots. for the 2010 class you have the luxury to have one scholarship out there for a.j. or dority, both of whom are likely going to end up as top-50 point guards in that class.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
How interested is he in illinois?

i'm not sure. i'm just fairly certain he will be a target given his skills and illinois's needs for a pg in that class.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
Are you really that excited over 2010 verbals? I can't see being real happy about the whims of 16-yr olds.

Yes. Thad has good luck on those. BJ Mullens committed before ever playing a high school game.

Marquette got a committ from a three-star recruit for next season, Tyshawn Taylor. He's a 'sizey' guard at 6"2 or 6"3. Apparently he had scholarship offers from G-Tech, Kansas and UNC, among others. Palehose -- were you following him at all? Know anything about him? The Marquette fans seem pretty excited, although I'm not sure if that's just more relief after Crean swung-and-missed on Swopshire (sp? Louisville commit) and Shumpert.

I know Rivals mentions UNC but I don't think UNC was recruiting him. UNC has their PG in Larry Drew for 08, and was going after Shumpert as a 2 guard. But Taylor has offers from you guys, Cincy, GT, Kansas, Missouri, Saint Johns, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia. Very good pick-up. He might end up being a better pick-up for Marquette than Shumpert, as he is a high major talent that will be around for several years. He's very athletic and can get out and run and handle the ball, but is working on his shot, which will probably keep him around unlike Shumpert.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 03:45 AM)
He's very athletic and can get out and run and handle the ball, but is working on his shot, which will probably keep him around unlike Shumpert.

Interesting. Sounds just like Dominic James, outside of the size difference. In any case it sounds like Marquette got a pretty decent one here.

Maybe one day we'll pull in a decent big man. I can dream, right?