Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
Take a look at top 15 PG's in the past 5 years. 100% of them are in the NBA or getting ready to be drafted early (Collins, Lawson). Even a top 40 PG recruit like Jack took a similar career path to James.

A path similar to James? More like the opposite. J. Jack was phenomenal his soph year.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarret Jack

Freshman: 9.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 5.9 apg, 3.6 topg, 28%3PT

Sophomore: 12.5 ppg 4.5 rpg, 5.6 apg, 3.1 topg, 31% 3PT

Dominic James

Freshman: 15.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.4 apg, 2.8 topg, 30% 3PT

Sophomore: 14.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.9 apg, 2.6 topg, 27% 3PT

If you can see into the future and know that James is going to have a bad junior season then more power to you.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 01:04 AM)
Jarret Jack

Freshman: 9.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 5.9 apg, 3.6 topg, 28%3PT

Sophomore: 12.5 ppg 4.5 rpg, 5.6 apg, 3.1 topg, 31% 3PT

Dominic James

Freshman: 15.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.4 apg, 2.8 topg, 30% 3PT

Sophomore: 14.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.9 apg, 2.6 topg, 27% 3PT

If you can see into the future and know that James is going to have a bad junior season then more power to you.

You're conviently leaving out FG pct, as well as the fact Jack led his team to the championship game that season. I think even the biggest of Marquette fans would admit that Dom James was brutal the last half of the season.

Edited by fathom

Jack also had 5 teammates that averaged at least 9.2 ppg that year. You seem to be under the impression that I said they are exact duplicates. I said they have a similar CAREER paths. Both put up somewhat similar scoring numbers, both are crappy 3 point shooters, Jack shot from the floor better, James turns the ball over less, both can rebound and put up similar assist numbers. Both are pretty good point guards, and James has a chance to be drafted late in the 1st round as well if he has a good junior season and increases his 3 point shooting the way Jack did between his sophomore and junior seasons.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 01:23 AM)
Jack also had 5 teammates that averaged at least 9.2 ppg that year. You seem to be under the impression that I said they are exact duplicates. I said they have a similar CAREER paths. Both put up somewhat similar scoring numbers, both are crappy 3 point shooters, Jack shot from the floor better, James turns the ball over less, both can rebound and put up similar assist numbers. Both are pretty good point guards, and James has a chance to be drafted late in the 1st round as well if he has a good junior season and increases his 3 point shooting the way Jack did between his sophomore and junior seasons.

Understand...good discussion.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)
Agree.

Didn't even notice that Lamaar Thomas picked OSU on the show as well. That's almost out of the blue to me, I thought he was Illinois to lose.

Anthony Gonzalez worked with me on my route running,” Thomas informed"

Is that not a recruiting violation like it is in basketball?

Thomas was never Illinois' to lose, not sure where you heard that. Not getting Thomas sucks, but the Illini are going to end up signing 3 very good RB's by the time all the verbals are said and done this class, and already have Pollard and Dufrene, so it could be worse.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
Thomas was never Illinois' to lose, not sure where you heard that. Not getting Thomas sucks, but the Illini are going to end up signing 3 very good RB's by the time all the verbals are said and done this class, and already have Pollard and Dufrene, so it could be worse.

agreed. you already have hodge coming in and we're in on some other good backs. it's a great pick-up for ohio state, though. they are poised to have a really special class, potentially the best in the nation.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Huge game for any Michigan fan tonight as Sam McGuffie's Cypress Fair plays Cypress Falls, two Houston area rivls. The game is set for 7:00 central time on ESPN2.

McGuffie has come back strong from an early season ankle injury with more than 200 yards rushing each of the last two weeks and six TD's.

Didn't realize that was his school playing tonight. Would of taped it or something while at work. His youtube videos look sick.

I was hoping for a Flash commit to Illinois, but it looked like it would be Ohio St. so I'm not surprised.

Also, Tennessee got a big commitment from 4-star SF Renaldo Woolridge today. Picked UT over offers from Georgetown, USC, etc.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
Didn't realize that was his school playing tonight. Would of taped it or something while at work. His youtube videos look sick.

You could tell tonight he is still nursing the ankle injury. He was running timidly and not hitting the holes hard. He seemed to turn his back at the first sign of contact. And his blocking on pass protection is HORRIBLE. I mean it was so bad it was like he was purposefully trying to miss the defender.

He did show signs of promise and ended up somewhere around 150-160 yards rushing. He's shifty in a way similar to Mike Hart and he does have speed once he gets past the initial wave at the line. He was bottled up a lot, with defenders in the backfield, not giving him a lot of room to maneuver.

I see talent there, but there is much work to do if he wants to run in the Big Ten as a freshman. They only threw one pass to him and it was not well designed and was incomplete. Note sure of his receiving skills, but his blocking must improve A LOT. As good of a blocker Mike Hart is in pass protection, McGuffie was equally as bad.

Congrats to Iman, we will see plenty of him in the next few years at UNC. I think he got his wish to run the point, but I don't know if that's a good thing, he seems better off the ball. Hewants to get to the NBA and he sees point as his best route, so he will be afforded the oppurtunity to learn on the job at G. Tech. Hopefully D. Cheek verbals quickly now :D

"I'll be taking a few more," Liuget said. "I'm looking at Rutgers, South Florida, Central Florida, LSU, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Ohio State," he said. "If something better comes up, then I'll consider it but right now I'm committed."

I despise that kind of quote from kids. If you feel that way, fine, but don't express it in an interview.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Hey honey, I promise to marry you unless a better looking girl shows interest in me. But until that happens, I'm yours.

I've heard this all to often. Let's just say I'm currently single.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
I despise that kind of quote from kids. If you feel that way, fine, but don't express it in an interview.

I agree. If you want to take more visits, fine. But, don't commit at all. I guess he wants to be sure he has a spot just in case something happens. The Zooker keeps rolling along...now about those penalties.........