Official Recruiting Thread II

Not that anyone on here cares about Tennessee football (or the SEC for that matter), but Lane Kiffin is already reinforcing his reputation as a great recruiter. Eric Gordon, a 4-star CB out of Nashville, committed to UT today after his previous leader was Alabama. UT was pretty much an afterthought for him until Kiffin was hired. After an in-home visit from Kiffin and Kiffin attending Gordon's state championship game, Gordon felt like he had such a good connection and feeling about UT that he committed.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
Not that anyone on here cares about Tennessee football (or the SEC for that matter), but Lane Kiffin is already reinforcing his reputation as a great recruiter. Eric Gordon, a 4-star CB out of Nashville, committed to UT today after his previous leader was Alabama. UT was pretty much an afterthought for him until Kiffin was hired. After an in-home visit from Kiffin and Kiffin attending Gordon's state championship game, Gordon felt like he had such a good connection and feeling about UT that he committed.

Yee Haw! Let's all sing Rocky Top!

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 9, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)

Didn't he give up his eligibility after his year of Indiana basketball?

Reports are that Dominic Cheek is scratching Kansas from his list, as he was a bit peeved by them putting him on the backburner while they tried for Henry and Snear. He was a heavy UNC lean early but they jumped of of recruiting him and I can see why. He seems a lot like Tyreke Evens another openly UNC lean guy that UNC recruited early then steered clear of after getting to know them better. Villanova again looks to be the frontrunner for Cheek now.

Kansas is said to be wooing their 4th 5 star guard now by amping up their efforts for John Wall. Sooner or later they will get one.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Reports are that Dominic Cheek is scratching Kansas from his list, as he was a bit peeved by them putting him on the backburner while they tried for Henry and Snear. He was a heavy UNC lean early but they jumped of of recruiting him and I can see why. He seems a lot like Tyreke Evens another openly UNC lean guy that UNC recruited early then steered clear of after getting to know them better. Villanova again looks to be the frontrunner for Cheek now.

Kansas is said to be wooing their 4th 5 star guard now by amping up their efforts for John Wall. Sooner or later they will get one.

Self is working hard on Wall and Jeff Withey, the transfer from Arizona.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
Self is working hard on Wall and Jeff Withey, the transfer from Arizona.

I still wonder how strong the Baylor connection for Wall is. Duke and coach K. is said to be hot and heavy after him now as well..

This is an important class for NIU in terms of football, considering we have a ton of seniors and it's Coach Kill's first full class. We have 11 public verbals, but there are supposedly about a half dozen more guys that are not known on the list as well. We've already got a few guys from Florida, and a couple 3 star (according to rivals) recruits, and I know we're recruiting the deep south heavily. In that sense, our bowl game is HUGE because it's in Shreveport, Louisiana and I'd imagine a lot of our recruits will be watching closely, especially in that area. We actually have two guys visiting this weekend who are 3 star recruits and HS teammates from Florida who are verbals to South Carolina and Wake Forest, and we have a very realistic shot at both of them based on what I know.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Jereme Richmond is really, really, really good. Too bad Waukegan's coach is a f***ing retard.

Yeah, They are 7-0 and one of the best teams in state, but he is a retard.

I see Waukegan play every week and Richmond has pulled a totally 180 from last year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 04:37 AM)
Yeah, They are 7-0 and one of the best teams in state, but he is a retard.

I see Waukegan play every week and Richmond has pulled a totally 180 from last year.

He has him playing center for most of the game, severely limiting his touches. Who in their right mind would think of Richmond as a post player? Seriously, that is terrible. He pretty much scores at will elsewhere.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 13, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
He has him playing center for most of the game, severely limiting his touches. Who in their right mind would think of Richmond as a post player? Seriously, that is terrible. He pretty much scores at will elsewhere.

Ashlaw has never played Richmond at center. He is always roaming the perimeter on offense. He will play him down low on defense for obvious reasons. Yesterday may have been a rare thing.

As well as Richmond is playing, he still has trouble with his jumper.

Haven't heard much Bertrand this year.

Cheek makes it official and decides on Villanova. This will put the Wildcats at the top of the list ahead of North Carolina for the #1 incoming class in the nation next year. Big time talent, but a sketchy recruiting process. Jay Wright is having a stellar year for Nova on the recruiting trail though.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
Cheek makes it official and decides on Villanova. This will put the Wildcats at the top of the list ahead of North Carolina for the #1 incoming class in the nation next year. Big time talent, but a sketchy recruiting process. Jay Wright is having a stellar year for Nova on the recruiting trail though.

Nova's class is good, but it should still be behind UNC and possibly Texas.

UNC, 5 top 100 commits, 4 top 50, 2 5 stars.

Texas, 3 top 50 commits, 2 5 stars

Nova, 4 top 50, 1 5 star

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
Nova's class is good, but it should still be behind UNC and possibly Texas.

UNC, 5 top 100 commits, 4 top 50, 2 5 stars.

Texas, 3 top 50 commits, 2 5 stars

Nova, 4 top 50, 1 5 star

Rivals has Nova with 3 5 stars (14, 16, & 25) with a 4 star at 62

UNC 2 5 stars (6 & 17) with 4 stars at (55,68, & 69)

Texas 2 5 stars (5 & 8) with a 4 star at 64

I guess it's all depends on who is ranking them. In any event all three are very strong.

Scout has recruits Nova (15,26,28,& 31), UNC (3,18,41,42,63), & Texas (10,13, & 44).

ESPN has NOva (11,22,27,35) UNC (3,19,25,49,50), Texas (8,15,72)

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)

Ah everyone knows 2010 is the real year to look forward to. ;)

On another note, Jamel Turner committed to the Bucks today. Good get for 2010 (football). Gonna take alot to compare to the 2009 class.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
Ah everyone knows 2010 is the real year to look forward to. ;)

On another note, Jamel Turner committed to the Bucks today. Good get for 2010 (football). Gonna take alot to compare to the 2009 class.

I like how 2010 looks for my Heels as well. With Bullock & Marshall already committed, getting either Roscoe Smith or Harrison Barnes will make it another SPECIAL class for Roy.

Lance Stephenson is said to have his choices unofficially down to Kansas or St. Johns. For awhile it seemed like he might follow Jennings to Europe for a year, but that looks doubtful now. He is only averaging 34 a game so far in NYC this year.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
I like how 2010 looks for my Heels as well. With Bullock & Marshall already committed, getting either Roscoe Smith or Harrison Barnes will make it another SPECIAL class for Roy.

Lance Stephenson is said to have his choices unofficially down to Kansas or St. Johns. For awhile it seemed like he might follow Jennings to Europe for a year, but that looks doubtful now. He is only averaging 34 a game so far in NYC this year.

I was mostly saying that because the Buckeyes have literally nobody committed for 2009 but have a top class for 2010.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
I was mostly saying that because the Buckeyes have literally nobody committed for 2009 but have a top class for 2010.

You have to go watch Lenzelle play this year. Hard to believe he is just a junior.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
I don't think Ohio State could take a verbal even if they wanted to. Their grid is full for this year and next I believe. And Lenzelle Smith better be a 20 per scorer at tOSU with the way you speak of him Brian. :P

Not right away, give him until after Thanksgiving of his freshmen year. :P

He is just fun to watch. He is almost unchallenged at the varsity level. Obviously he will have to adjust to college.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
Not right away, give him until after Thanksgiving of his freshmen year. :P

He is just fun to watch. He is almost unchallenged at the varsity level. Obviously he will have to adjust to college.

I really want to see the kid play.