Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched IMPACT for the first time in a long time. LAX is still good. Teaming Sabin and Shelley together is a waste. They will get buried behind 3D, VKM (yuck), and Steiners.

It's annoying how West and Tenay mark for EVERYTHING. "OH MY GOD, HE GOT INTO THE RING TO START THE MATCH! WOW!"

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
Watched IMPACT for the first time in a long time. LAX is still good. Teaming Sabin and Shelley together is a waste. They will get buried behind 3D, VKM (yuck), and Steiners.

It's annoying how West and Tenay mark for EVERYTHING. "OH MY GOD, HE GOT INTO THE RING TO START THE MATCH! WOW!"

I was coming on here to post almost the exact same thing in regards to the Tag-Team division.

LAX and the MCMG are fantastic, but giving them 5 mins. is the definition of a waste. I'm all for having a deep tag-team roster, but they're pushing the wrong teams and their champ is Joe...

Well, for all the TNA fans, Bound for Glory was either going to be in Chicago or Atlanta, and they decided on Atlanta.

Just thought I'd let you know.

They should be posting an official date of when WWE will be coming back to All-State. Rumor has it that it could be No Mercy...

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
Well, for all the TNA fans, Bound for Glory was either going to be in Chicago or Atlanta, and they decided on Atlanta.

Just thought I'd let you know.

They should be posting an official date of when WWE will be coming back to All-State. Rumor has it that it could be No Mercy...

It is, i think i might of posted it a few pages back. In fact TNA was all set to have Bound for Glory in Chicago, but pulled out for some reason.

Some indy jobbers are complaining that LAX is "unprofessional".

http://web.charleston.net/news/2007/jul/29...ures_mack11694/

My favorite part is the jobber team complaining that they like to work stiff with other workers all the time but then complained when they got stiffed by Homicide and Hernandez who gave them a purple welt and a stiff Border Toss. If this isn't the first time the guy has had a collapsed lung, then perhaps he should think about not taking dangerous bumps or being a stiff wrestler who then complains when he gets stiffed back.

The article does a great job defaming LAX. But I wonder if LAX knew that these two guys were going to try to stiff them in the ring or not in advance. I can see it being surprising and getting stiffed can cause people to get pissed off (see Saturn vs Jobber where he legit kicks the s*** out of him and throws him outside of the ring landing on his neck). And who is to say the guy just didn't take the move properly? Why blame Hernandez if the other guy can't take the elevated bump properly? But it was a bit asshole-ish for Hernandez to not check up on them after the match.

Claudio Castagnoli wins the Ring of Honor Race To The Top Tournament last night. He beats El Generico in the finals in what has been called a real show-stealer.

Somewhere LCR is quietly weeping that Hero took the L against Generico last night.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
Claudio Castagnoli wins the Ring of Honor Race To The Top Tournament last night. He beats El Generico in the finals in what has been called a real show-stealer.

Somewhere LCR is quietly weeping that Hero took the L against Generico last night.

Damn right. Although I am also somewhat of a Generico mark so it was okay. Did enjoy the Most Money Making Man win...and seeing Hillbilly Jesus do the job to Pelle Primeau.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
Some indy jobbers are complaining that LAX is "unprofessional".

http://web.charleston.net/news/2007/jul/29...ures_mack11694/

My favorite part is the jobber team complaining that they like to work stiff with other workers all the time but then complained when they got stiffed by Homicide and Hernandez who gave them a purple welt and a stiff Border Toss. If this isn't the first time the guy has had a collapsed lung, then perhaps he should think about not taking dangerous bumps or being a stiff wrestler who then complains when he gets stiffed back.

The article does a great job defaming LAX. But I wonder if LAX knew that these two guys were going to try to stiff them in the ring or not in advance. I can see it being surprising and getting stiffed can cause people to get pissed off (see Saturn vs Jobber where he legit kicks the s*** out of him and throws him outside of the ring landing on his neck). And who is to say the guy just didn't take the move properly? Why blame Hernandez if the other guy can't take the elevated bump properly? But it was a bit asshole-ish for Hernandez to not check up on them after the match.

Is there a video of this somewhere?

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 12:31 AM)
It is, i think i might of posted it a few pages back. In fact TNA was all set to have Bound for Glory in Chicago, but pulled out for some reason.

I posted this too. they pulled out of because No Mercy and a Raw taping was scheduled for the week before and the 3rd ROH ppv is two weeks before. That's a lot of wrestling in a month's time - and as BFG is TNA's Wrestlemania, they need to have a big crowd.

TNA with Pacman Jones will get them ESPN coverage, but will it really translate to ppv buys?

Also, PWInsider is also saying they have signed Test. Why not?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
I posted this too. they pulled out of because No Mercy and a Raw taping was scheduled for the week before and the 3rd ROH ppv is two weeks before. That's a lot of wrestling in a month's time - and as BFG is TNA's Wrestlemania, they need to have a big crowd.

TNA with Pacman Jones will get them ESPN coverage, but will it really translate to ppv buys?

Also, PWInsider is also saying they have signed Test. Why not?

They're also looking at Matt Morgan and Albert too.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
hmmm, for some reason the video wont load for me, im getting the angry red X

The jobber botches a snap mare and drops Saturn on his head. Saturn gets up, slaps away a punch attempt and goes nuts kicking him, hitting a few clubbing blows and then throws him out of the ring roughly. He follows him out, asks the guy loudly if he's alright and then picks him up running him back first into the ring steps at high speed.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
Per PWInsider: TNA just publicized that they signed Pacman Jones to a wrestling contract.

TNA: We are wrestling. /soaked in green

Adam Jones will MAKE IT RAIN RATINGS!!!!!

[insert long-lost, sorely-missed vomit smiley]

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
Morgan and Test will make their TNA debut tonight at the iMPACT! tapings.

That'll put asses in the seats.

I really want TNA to be a viable second brand of wrestling on television but they are doing almost everything to kick themselves straight in the junk. This is ridiculous.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
That'll put asses in the seats.

I really want TNA to be a viable second brand of wrestling on television but they are doing almost everything to kick themselves straight in the junk. This is ridiculous.

Truth.

They don't have enough TV time as it is to spotlight the guys they have, so what better way to address that problem than to hire washed-out WWE failures to steal TV time from people I'd MUCH rather see?

THAT's going to improve locker room morale......