Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
Well im officially boycotting wrestling... kicking out of the RKO to win with the FU, what a crock of s***.. im done

It wasn't like he covered him right away, so I understand that kick out. It is just garbage because Orton CARRIED that match and it was very good. Cena has had some good main events this year. Orton was bouncing all over the ring like a man. He has some of the best ring psychology in the sport these days.

The only thing I can think of is Orton wins it at Unforgiven. I read they are gonna stretch out angles like HHH/Booker and other stuff. If Orton doesn't win at Un4given, I'll be even more pissed than I am now.

Rey needs to lose that gut but his match was also good.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 09:34 PM)
http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29836

Nick Hogan was in a serious car accident. Anyone hear about his condition?

Lords Of Pain reports that he's described as being in "very very serious" condition, and the passenger in the car is in critical condition.

TMZ.com has pictures of the car, and it's completely destroyed.

:pray for Nick and his friend.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 11:36 PM)
Lords Of Pain reports that he's described as being in "very very serious" condition, and the passenger in the car is in critical condition.

TMZ.com has pictures of the car, and it's completely destroyed.

:pray for Nick and his friend.

I just saw on LoP that Bubba the Hulk Sponge said Nick was released from the hospital and is OK.

No word on Nick's friend John, the passenger in Nick's car.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
It wasn't like he covered him right away, so I understand that kick out. It is just garbage because Orton CARRIED that match and it was very good. Cena has had some good main events this year. Orton was bouncing all over the ring like a man. He has some of the best ring psychology in the sport these days.

The only thing I can think of is Orton wins it at Unforgiven. I read they are gonna stretch out angles like HHH/Booker and other stuff. If Orton doesn't win at Un4given, I'll be even more pissed than I am now.

I just watched the match on daily motion, and in any other match that wasn't a long enough break for an RKO kickout.. it wasn't an immediate cover but he got over there and covered him in decent amount of time.. They have to have had Cena win because no one thought he was going to, the crowd was booing him, Orton owned the match, thats the only thing that can explain it..

Cena has been champion for 24 of the last 27 MONTHS

Orton has to be taking that belt off him in the near future, he has to. The only explanation I can see is they WANT Cena to have the claim of 1 year as champion which IIRC would be next month.. but Orton has to be the guy to take it off of him, especially after that match last night..

I didn't think Summerslam was as bad as some are saying. Cena/Orton, for all its frakking headlocks, had a ton of heat from the crowd. I thought Orton might actually win, so I popped for the ending. My thought on the ending is this: Orton & Trips can feud without the belt - let Cena keep it and feud with someone else.

The ending to the Batista/Khali match WAS as terrible as it sounded. Just brutal. And he didn't even use his claw move. The Trips/Booker match was good, but short. It would've been better if either Trips or Mysterio had lost their return match, to not be so predictable, but what you gonna do?

Mysterio was decked out in silver paint, for some unknown reason - but his match was good. They could've given Chavo more offense, but it was still good.

Punk got screwed, so we'll see what happens to him next. There are three zillion heels on that brand, and one face, and the face still doesn't win. Who does Morrison wrestle next? another heel?

The best feud right now in WWE is the Matt Hardy/MVP feud - and I didn't mind the Steve Austin beer thing. A few people are upset that it hurt MVP, but it's Austin and MVP is a heel - I don't think it hurts him one bit. It would've been better if Matt was there to enjoy MVP's stunner, but oh well......

RAW on SciFi tonight.

Edited by longshot7

I just saw on LoP that Bubba the Hulk Sponge said Nick was released from the hospital and is OK.

No word on Nick's friend John, the passenger in Nick's car.

Fox news just ran a story quoting the victim's Grandma saying that it "doesn't look good" and he may have brain damage due to his irregular breathing patterns.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
So much for any of that nonsense. Longshot had every right to question the source. I'll only accept Meltzer's scoops.

Oh yeah. Go me!!

There's so many bad sites out there - I'm at the point where if I don't hear it from either Observer or PWInsider, I don't believe it. Why read a free site that gets the info wrong? - I just don't get it.

For the record, PWInsider has great hotlines. They decimated Summerslam - and Dave Scherer & Buck Woodward (who did it) are really funny in their joint hotlines, so it's totally worth the $5/month for it.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
So much for any of that nonsense. Longshot had every right to question the source. I'll only accept Meltzer's scoops.

This isnt like a baseball or football rumor, that may have very well been the plan.. but WWE has been known to change stuff even on the same night its supposed to go down.. so who really knows..

All I know is, for info like that just about any source isnt going to be enough credit.. There is too much that can happen

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
Sunny's back to being "fapable." :headbang

P1010772.jpg

man, she still doesn't look like she used too.. that picture definitely has the look of someone who hit rock bottom and had to bust it to try and get back to what they used to be