Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a preview for Wanted. Also saw a commercial for it. Looks like a candidate for worst movie of the year. Ick.

Anyone seen Get Smart yet? I used to watch that show as a kid, so I am hoping this will be good.

Also saw a preview for Hancock, which looks pretty funny. Looks like a movie you need to take as a comedy, not a true superhero movie.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 07:40 AM)
Saw a preview for Wanted. Also saw a commercial for it. Looks like a candidate for worst movie of the year. Ick.

Anyone seen Get Smart yet? I used to watch that show as a kid, so I am hoping this will be good.

Also saw a preview for Hancock, which looks pretty funny. Looks like a movie you need to take as a comedy, not a true superhero movie.

Actually its supposed to be quite a dark comedy actually. An alcoholic "super" who isnt too keen on being a hero. they actually cut a statuatory rape scene from the movie

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
I have read a few excerpts of The Dark Knight reviews. Not a bad word yet.

There's some pretty good clips on TDK on ONDEMAND. Show's some of the shooting in Chicago, how they made the clown masks and has the trailers. I can't wait to see this movie.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:01 AM)
There's some pretty good clips on TDK on ONDEMAND. Show's some of the shooting in Chicago, how they made the clown masks and has the trailers. I can't wait to see this movie.

Both of the reviews I read mentioned posthumous oscars for Ledger, as well as saying that the length of the movie is irrelevant because of how fluidly the movie goes

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
Both of the reviews I read mentioned posthumous oscars for Ledger, as well as saying that the length of the movie is irrelevant because of how fluidly the movie goes

My ass sitting in a movie theatre seat for a long period of time says it very relevant.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 08:42 AM)
Actually its supposed to be quite a dark comedy actually. An alcoholic "super" who isnt too keen on being a hero. they actually cut a statuatory rape scene from the movie

I haven't read anything on it to speak of, just saw the preview. So I'll take your word for it. I know the premise though, and it seems like a nice line. I am looking forward to the film.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)
My ass sitting in a movie theatre seat for a long period of time says it very relevant.

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/...the_dark_knight

Go ahead, b**** about the movie being too long, at two and a half hours, for short attention spans (it is), too somber for the Hulk crowd (it is), too smart for its own good (it isn't). The haunting and visionary Dark Knight soars on the wings of untamed imagination. It's full of surprises you don't see coming. And just try to get it out of your dreams.

LOL

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
Wall-E is getting not just good, but downright spectacular reviews. I might have to go see that this weekend.

Unless Short Circuit was a Disney movie, they downright stole the robot. Wall-E looks exactly like Johnny-5.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
It's linked like 3 posts up. :)

This movie can't get here soon enough. I am so excited for IMAX.

Yeah, but kyyle posted it, so it doesn't count.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
Unless Short Circuit was a Disney movie, they downright stole the robot. Wall-E looks exactly like Johnny-5.

There is an article with quotes from the director here, and he addresses that. He said that Wall-E was created when he was at a baseball game and he borrowed a pair of binoculars from someone he was with. He was interested in how many different expressions he could create with the shutters on the binoculars, and thats where Wall-E was "born"

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
It's linked like 3 posts up. :)

This movie can't get here soon enough. I am so excited for IMAX.

I'm getting tickets for IMAX the second they come out. So pumped...

<!--quoteo(post=1673591:date=Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:01 AM:name=Controlled Chaos)-->

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
<!--quotec-->There's some pretty good clips on TDK on ONDEMAND. Show's some of the shooting in Chicago, how they made the clown masks and has the trailers. I can't wait to see this movie.

Here's some of the stuff on comcast....

Filiming in Chicago

Filming in IMAX

Clown Masks

Edited by Controlled Chaos

I liked Hulk. Went by super fast. I didn't see the Ang Lee movie, was this kind of a sequel?

And with the Stark cameo at the end, is that teasing that Avengers movie like Sam Jackson cameo in Iron Man?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
I liked Hulk. Went by super fast. I didn't see the Ang Lee movie, was this kind of a sequel?

And with the Stark cameo at the end, is that teasing that Avengers movie like Sam Jackson cameo in Iron Man?

It was a reboot, not a sequel. Also, yeah it is a prelude to the Avengers film. I believe Marvel has movies introducing characters over the next few summers to build up for the Avengers movie.