Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
I actually went into it thinking I'd enjoy the movie since it seems everyone liked it so damn much. It had a few laughs here and there but in all it was just terrible.

I agree. There were 3 or 4 instances that my friend and I found amusing when the rest of the audience was silent. They only laughed like sheep at the lame jokes that wouldn't have even made it on the show 10 years ago. I was really disappointed in how far the Simpsons has fallen.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 07:27 AM)
I liked that movie when it was called "Rounders" or ten other movies... But like most s***ty movies, the director calls in Chris Walken at the last minute to bail the movie out.

Poolhall junkies was fanastic and most of those guys weren't actors they were pool players (or at least thats what I remember hearing).

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 11:27 PM)
Saw the Simpsons movie. Like Kalapse, I'd heard all of you people and some of my friends saying how funny it was.

It had some pretty funny jokes in it, but it's still as bad as the new episodes are.

It got a few chuckles, very few.

First, we saw the Simpsons Movie on Friday morning and laughed our asses off!! We saw it again on Sunday. Laughed just as much. My son loved it too...both times. He is 8 and loves the Simpsons...quotes them as much as us.

Yes...we are bad parents. :headbang

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
Turns out Michelangelo Antonioni died yesterday as well. :o :)

I think his stuff is visually stunning even if the plots were a little thin. Blowup is quite a good film.

RIP :cheers

RIP...A great filmmaker, too.

Here is Roger Ebert's eloquent piece on his passing

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...PEOPLE/70731004

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)
Im looking forward to seeing sunshine, I posted the trailer for it a few weeks ago. Looks very interesting

Just watched the extended trailer.

Director+cast I've never heard of+"5th crew member"=good idea turned monster movie= dissapointing rental. :P

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 02:26 AM)
Bourne Ultimatum given 4 stars by USA Today.

"(E)asily the best action thriller of the year."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/review...ultimatum_N.htm

Claudia Puig knows her stuff and doesn't give reviews like this to just anyone.

***1/2 in the Tribune. I can't wait to see this one!

I saw Delicatessen. Very good, very funny, very weird and very French. I enjoyed it quite a bit. If you like very black humor, I think you'd probably enjoy this movie.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 12:37 PM)
I saw Delicatessen. Very good, very funny, very weird and very French. I enjoyed it quite a bit. If you like very black humor, I think you'd probably enjoy this movie.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Black humor!!!!

51B0H48A4VL._AA240_.jpg

Saw Superbad the other day.

Freakin hilarious stuff. If you're a fan of Knocked Up, 40 year old Virgin etc., you'll like it.

Seth Rogen and Bill Hader (Criminally under used on SNL) as the 2 cops almost steal the show. I might go see it again, just to see them rock the s***.

QUOTE(rowandrules83 @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
Saw it last night. Even though I loved the first two, I actually thought this one was the best one yet.

The Supremacy was my fav but this one is getting reviews through the roof. Almost broke down to see it this afternoon but fear the girls who want to see Damon will be there and talk the whole time.

QUOTE(Cali @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Saw Superbad the other day.

Freakin hilarious stuff. If you're a fan of Knocked Up, 40 year old Virgin etc., you'll like it.

Seth Rogen and Bill Hader (Criminally under used on SNL) as the 2 cops almost steal the show. I might go see it again, just to see them rock the s***.

When did that hit the theaters ?