Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
You should see them fight in chat.

Once they made me cry because it was so awful :(

It makes me sad every time momma Bobby D and daddy Milky D fight.

I want to go cry in my closet. :crying

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:06 AM)
Off today and popping in "True Romance".

So many great lines in that film, but it contains my all time favorite:

Walken: "Do you know who I am?"

Hopper: "I give up, who are you?"

Walken: "The anti Christ. You get me in a vendetta kind of mood and you can tell the angels in heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified as in the face of the man who killed you."

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
So many great lines in that film, but it contains my all time favorite:

Walken: "Do you know who I am?"

Hopper: "I give up, who are you?"

Walken: "The anti Christ. You get me in a vendetta kind of mood and you can tell the angels in heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified as in the face of the man who killed you."

I think that whole discussion between the two of them is awesome, but due to the graphic racist nature of the end of the conversation, I will not quote it for anyone.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
I think that whole discussion between the two of them is awesome, but due to the graphic racist nature of the end of the conversation, I will not quote it for anyone.

Yeah, it's a classic scene with two screen giants.

Only after watching it for a second time do you realize the significance of Hopper asking for a cigarette during that conversation.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 11:54 PM)
Yeah, it's a classic scene with two screen giants.

Only after watching it for a second time do you realize the significance of Hopper asking for a cigarette during that conversation.

The reason I like it so much is Hoppers confidence in what he is saying, and Walken clearly getting riled up by it, but keeping a smile on his face. And the cigarrette is awesome too, a man waiting for the firing squad with a cig in his mouth.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
Oh my Lord, Pineapple Express was absolutely hilarious.

Honestly, I laughed so hard in that movie it hurt... multiple times.

Agreed, some very over the top moments (in a good way).

OMG when James Franco yelled "F*CK THA POLICE!!!" and opened up on that cop it was hilarious.

That's just one of many, many great things. Them sitting together with blood all over the place eating breakfast waiting for Bubby to pick them up.

f***ing priceless.

It's tough to call, but for pure enjoyment.

1a) Forgetting Sarah Marshall

1b) Pineapple Express

3) Superbad

4) Knocked Up

5) 40-year Old Virgin

But it's so hard to pick. I could and will continue to watch these movies over and over. However, Pineapple Express was so over the top awesome, It jumps to the top rather quickly. It hurt I laughed so hard.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 12:18 AM)

OMG when James Franco yelled "F*CK THA POLICE!!!" and opened up on that cop it was hilarious.

That's just one of many, many great things. Them sitting together with blood all over the place eating breakfast waiting for Bubby to pick them up.

f***ing priceless.

Or when Rogen gets part of his ear shot off and they try to put it back on.

I did however laugh so hard i knocked over my popcorn tub during the car chase scene.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 11:19 AM)

Or when Rogen gets part of his ear shot off and they try to put it back on.

I did however laugh so hard i knocked over my popcorn tub during the car chase scene.

loved it when Red ran over the guy with the car, "You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherf***er!"

I thought it was entertaining and had some good laughs, but I'd but it below Forgetting Sarah Marshall and 40 Year Old Virgin.

1. 40 Year Old Virgin

2. Sarah Marshall

3. Superbad

4. Pineapple Express

5. Knocked up

I had really high expectations for Pineapple Express and left dissapointed. It had its moments where I was in stitches but there was also extended moments where I wasn't entertained.

Overall I'd give it a C. I think its the type of movie that could eventually grow on me though as it did have a lot of great quotes and moments (just thought overall, there was too much open space which was "blah" to put it up there with SuperBad and Sarah Marshall which were both stellar and 40 Year Old Virgin which was just below those two).

QUOTE (TheBlackSox8 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)

loved it when Red ran over the guy with the car, "You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherf***er!"

So I'm guessing Pineapple Express is a must see if you want to piss your pants from laughter?

BTW, love the sig :notworthy

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
So I'm guessing Pineapple Express is a must see if you want to piss your pants from laughter?

It is... and both gender's will love it too. My wife went laugh crazy for like 3 minutes during the movie, she couldn't stop, because a part she thought was hilarious happened, and right as she calmed down, a part that made me go apes*** in turn made her go laugh crazy all over again.

It's entirely enjoyable. People trying to take this film too seriously will lose out.