Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
Two movies i have never seen before that I watched this weekend just by flipping through my cable package:

The Laughing Policeman (1973)

Walter Mathau, Bruce Dern, and Louis Gossett Jr were in this movie, about a few cops chasing after a mass murderer. I expected some form of comedy, but this was anything but. Lots of racism brought up as Dern's character is a complete dipstick and pisses everyone off repeatedly, and Mathau doesnt really say much to him. I am indifferent to this movie, it was kind of strange.

The Jacket (2007)

Adrien Brody, Kiera Knightley, Kris Kristoferson and Jennifer Jason Leigh star in this movie, and I was really impressed with Brody. He plays a Gulf war vet in 1992 who gets caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets blamed for something pretty awful, which gets him put in a mental hospital run by Kristoferson and where Leigh works. The way to cure people like Brody is to pump them full of drugss, put them in a straight jacket, and slide them in a morgue drawer for a night. this treatment causes Brody to be transported into 2007 where he finds out that he is dead, and dies in 1993, so he wants to find out how.

I loved this movie, I really did. Brody was very impressive, I really felt for his character

I enjoyed The Jacket, also. It was one of those movies I had never heard of and watched it because nothing was on one night. Its pretty messed up. Talk about getting no publicity. That must have been out before 2007 though. I think I saw it on TV in 06.

Edited by DrunkBomber

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
I enjoyed The Jacket, also. It was one of those movies I had never heard of and watched it because nothing was on one night. Its pretty messed up. Talk about getting no publicity. That must have been out before 2007 though. I think I saw it on TV in 06.

You are right, it came out in 2005. I dont know where I got 07 from

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
No one will ever get me to watch a Batman, Spiderman, Terminator or any of those types of movies. I just don't get into them at all.

Thats because you are wierd. And you are a big fan of High School Musical

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
My favorite movies are Shawkshank and the Green Mile. That's the stuff I go for.

Do you have some sick prison fetish? If you havent seen the Count of Monte Cristo you should check it out.

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
In movies,

Why does the phone number always start with 555?

Why is it that every time someone speaks into a mic in there's feedback?

Any other 'always' you've noticed?

Movies and TV shows used to always have 555, but they seem to use more variety nowadays. More "believable" or at least doesn't stand out as much as "555"

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
In movies,

Like Dave Chappelle once said, because some people will actually call the numbe.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 30, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
In movies,

Phones are 555 because if Hollywood used your phone number instead of 555, you'd be pissed at the number of calls that you'd get from morons at 3 am.

Mics get feedback because they need to be calibrated to the distance between them and the system speakers.

Too close level and distance-wise and you get feedback.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
Phones are 555 because if Hollywood used your phone number instead of 555, you'd be pissed at the number of calls that you'd get from morons at 3 am.

Mics get feedback because they need to be calibrated to the distance between them and the system speakers.

Too close level and distance-wise and you get feedback.

I meant, in movies, why is there feedback every time someone speaks into a mic?

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

Wasn;t sure how they would finish "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" after Ledger died.

Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell have agreed to complete Heath Ledger's role. The film's fantasy premise, and some clever rewrites, will let the actors play a man whose appearance changes as he travels between imaginary worlds.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
So I saw Tropic Thunder at a pre-screening on Wednesday. Pretty hilarious movie. I really enjoyed all the characters in it.

I love the R rated trailer for this movie. I will see it.