Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
It is... and both gender's will love it too. My wife went laugh crazy for like 3 minutes during the movie, she couldn't stop, because a part she thought was hilarious happened, and right as she calmed down, a part that made me go apes*** in turn made her go laugh crazy all over again.

It's entirely enjoyable. People trying to take this film too seriously will lose out.

What part was that? I recall a similar thing happening when I went.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
What part was that? I recall a similar thing happening when I went.

She started laughing when Red goes "you shot me in the stomach... I had you guys over for dinner." I don't know why that set her off... but then a little later they cut to the Chinese in their van doing surveillance. For no reason whatsoever, the dude on the right stops, and you think he's going to say something serious. However, he says something in Chinese that has the subtitle "I have to take a s***." I don't know why, but that set me off.

I also loved how the Chinese wasn't really Chinese. The guy goes "fukyomama" for "screw you". Little s*** like that made me laugh myself crazy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
These stories of people boycotting "Tropic Thunder" makes me wanna see it even more. It's fricking satire folks! Stop taking it so seriously. Geez!

Oh yeah, I'll be seeing it.

I don't remember the last time two great looking comedies came out in back to back weekends (that I wanted to see). Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder fit that billing.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
Tropic Thunder was hilarious. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes to DVD.

Yeah I saw it yesterday, I thought it was great at the beginning, the middle had some boring points, then the end was just awesome. Not spoilers, but

Tom Cruise was a great cameo in that movie, and was great in the scene on the phone. Another part which was great was at the end when Stiller kicked the kid.

sorry there steve

Edited by JFields27

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Yeah I saw it yesterday, I thought it was great at the beginning, the middle had some boring points, then the end was just awesome. Not spoilers,

but Tom Cruise was a great cameo in that movie, and was great in the scene on the phone. Another part which was great was at the end when Stiller kicked the kid.

That is a f***ing spoiler. Thanks a lot. :angry: Your whole f***ing post was a f***ing spoiler.

f***.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
That is a f***ing spoiler. Thanks a lot. :angry: Your whole f***ing post was a f***ing spoiler.

f***.

yeah not really .. since everyone(atleast most) that new about tropic thunder would know TC was in the movie. Whatever though, all the f bombs you dropped in the post, ill go edit and make it black for you, but i cant stop people from seeing my post in your quote

Edited by JFields27

You might want to edit the above post too. The entire thing was a spoiler. If you say anything about a movie that's not in the previews, its a spoiler. I don't know how "everyone" would know that he's got a cameo in the movie. I didn't know, why would I assume he's got a random cameo? No one else has said.

I you had known Will Ferrell was going to be in Wedding Crashers that would have killed his cameo. Half the fun is not knowing they are coming.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
You might want to edit the above post too. The entire thing was a spoiler. If you say anything about a movie that's not in the previews, its a spoiler. I don't know how "everyone" would know that he's got a cameo in the movie. I didn't know, why would I assume he's got a random cameo? No one else has said.

I you had known Will Ferrell was going to be in Wedding Crashers that would have killed his cameo. Half the fun is not knowing they are coming.

Well you knew he was in the movie did you not? .. then anyone can go to IMDB just to check some of the people in the movie. I didnt ruin anything besides for those who are big TC fans, but it seems to have only been you hah. Sorry bro

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
Well you knew he was in the movie did you not? .. then anyone can go to IMDB just to check some of the people in the movie. I didnt ruin anything besides for those who are big TC fans, but it seems to have only been you hah. Sorry bro

No, I didn't know he was in the movie. I presume he's in there to play a stunt double for Ben Stiller though, since they have a history of that sort of thing. Maybe I'm off, should be funny either way.

f*** f*** f*** f***

from what I learned in the Batman thread, any key plot point or surprise from every movie from any year must have a spoiler tag on it.

I did see Wedding Crashers, and hated it.

Tropic Thunder was really bad. Anyone over the age of like 14 will probably agree.

It was f***ing stupid, but not in a good way. I laughed like 5 times, and they were either at RDJ or

Tom Cruise

Ben Stiller was not funny

Jack Black was not funny

The jokes were soooo juvenile. It was just terrible.

Yeah they used Black horribly in that movie, I would have to say Jay Baruchel(played Kevin) was funnier then Black and Stiller. The middle was just so boring, and

now the movie has picketers for the simple jack retard stuff, which was stupid anyways to make a big deal in the movie

RDJ, JB, and the Cameos made the movie anything it is.

I thought it was good, but not as great as the reviews it's getting. I didn't think Robert Downey Jr was that funny and Jack Black had a few decent lines. The main "cameo" was much more than and I thought he was the best in the film. Danny McBride had a good character as well. I loved the ending.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
Obviously. When did a company ever release a poster that detailed for a movie 3 years from the release date.

With the Batman franchise, I don't scoff at anything.

They marketed the hell outta that thing almost two years prior.