2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
It is not even so much that they have hatable players, because they really don't have that many...but there is no possible way to deal with their fans when they are winning.

The thing that sucks is even if Milwaukee holds them off they are sure to pass SD for Wild Card.

Yep, the 2003 team has a lot more assholes on it than this team does. However, like you said, dealing with their fans is impossible right now, and it's only going to get worse. I wonder how many more season-ending injuries will happen to key players they have to face like Sheets, Carpenter. All the Cubs injuries seem to only be 15 days or happen to guys it's probably better that they lose (Wade Miller).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ned Yost is not a good manager. He just let Villanueva walk the bases loaded with 2 outs, and kept him in the game. A wild pitch and broken bat single later, and the Brewers are down 2. The Cubs are about to be 2.5 back, and they have all the momentum in the world. What a terrible, terrible day of baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
Ned Yost is not a good manager. He just let Villanueva walk the bases loaded with 2 outs, and kept him in the game. A wild pitch and broken bat single later, and the Brewers are down 2. The Cubs are about to be 2.5 back, and they have all the momentum in the world. What a terrible, terrible day of baseball.

They'll lose their "momentum." Momentum in baseball can change on one swing. The best the Cubs do this year is make the playoffs and lose in the first round, nothing for you to get all worked up about.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Seriously Marquis is one of the rare pitchers in the bigs right now that IMO, I can hit off of. It boggles me to see how this guy is having this much success this season.

Call it a hunch, but if major league hitters aren't hitting him, I would imagine it'd be pure luck if you hit him.

Pinella and the Cubs can't do anything wrong right now. Other teams can't get a hit with RISP to save their life against their starters either these days. The Cubs are on their way to winning their 17th out of 18 against righty starters.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)
Pinella and the Cubs can't do anything wrong right now. Other teams can't get a hit with RISP to save their life against their starters either these days. The Cubs are on their way to winning their 17th out of 18 against righty starters.

The one thing you can always remember in baseball is; you're never as good as you are when you're playing your best, and you're never as bad as you are when you're playing your worst.

When I see a team on fire, I always think about those stretches Oakland had, like in 05, where for a month they look like they're totally unbeatable, then they wind up still missing the playoffs. Or that 12 game winning streak the D-Rays had a few years back. Or the Royals 1st half in 03.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)

And, as with all things in baseball...the numbers eventually start to even out.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Ha Ha, Jason Kendall couldn't throw me out and I have two bad ankles and no cartilage in my left knee.

Either you've had some bad injuries or you're old enough to be my grandfather.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
Either you've had some bad injuries or you're old enough to be my grandfather.

Bad injuries. Sprained each ankle 6 times, shame on me after 2 or 3, and had 2 knee surgeries. I'm only 28, sheesh!

I found this funny:

Carlos Lee, who came up through the White Sox organization as a third baseman, would be open to moving back to the position if the Astros asked him.

"He's got great hands," manager Phil Garner said. "He's quick. He's very quick. He's extremely quick and good." Lee is currently listed behind Morgan Ensberg, Mark Loretta, Mike Lamb and even Brad Ausmus on the depth chart at third for Houston.

-Per Rotoworld

not sure where else to post this but I got a chuckle reading this on Jeff Bagwell's wikipedia.

"The Boston Red Sox chose Mo Vaughn in the first round of the 1989 draft ahead of Bagwell. It is the only time in history that a team selected two future MVPs in the same draft."

I am fairly certain that Mo wont get in and Bagwell could and most likely will fall short too.

QUOTE(earthshiner @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 03:13 AM)
not sure where else to post this but I got a chuckle reading this on Jeff Bagwell's wikipedia.

"The Boston Red Sox chose Mo Vaughn in the first round of the 1989 draft ahead of Bagwell. It is the only time in history that a team selected two future MVPs in the same draft."

I am fairly certain that Mo wont get in and Bagwell could and most likely will fall short too.

It says MVP, not Hall of Fame.

Bagwell won the MVP in 93, while Mo won in 95

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
It says MVP, not Hall of Fame.

Bagwell won the MVP in 93, while Mo won in 95

ahh woops. Guess I read that wrong. lol. I knew I was tired but didn't realize I was that tired. :lol: