2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 08:15 AM)
Carlos Zambrano in 2007 with Barrett catching him: 2-4, 7.52 ERA, 1.893 WHIP. With anyone else: 12-3, 1.97 ERA, 0.985 WHIP.

Jake Peavy in 2007 with Barrett catching him: 0-4, 4.88 ERA, 1.542 WHIP. With anyone else: 10-1, 1.89 ERA, 1.00 WHIP.

San Diego was playing at a .586 clip prior to the trade, .441 since.

...even worse with Barrett starting...coincidence?

(as of 7/30):

with Barrett: 5 - 15

with Bard: 10 - 4

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:22 AM)
Holy cow, the umpire in the 8th inning of the Cubs game is squeezing the crap out of Romero.

Romero's not getting anything. Hey alright, the ump gave him strike one to DeRosa.

f*** me, Dempster is making everybody look silly with that slider. He's making Rowand look like 2005 Aaron.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:23 AM)
Romero's not getting anything. Hey alright, the ump gave him strike one to DeRosa.

f*** me, Dempster is making everybody look silly with that slider. He's making Rowand look like 2005 Aaron.

That Ruiz guy has left a village on the bases tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:48 AM)
Unreal.....teams are literally handing the Cubs wins now. I'm so f***ing thrilled that I'll be away from the television/internet for 10 days.

When I go back up to Marquette, I don't think I'll want to leave my dorm -- annoying Cubs fans plus, if Milwaukee makes a run, the Brewer fans who I still find annoying becaause they're the same people who root for the Packers. I'm going to bury my head in the sand and try to focus on the other sports (English Premier Football, Blackhawks, Bears and MU B-ball).

These next two months are going to be the 'sux0rz', that's for sure.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:57 AM)
When I go back up to Marquette, I don't think I'll want to leave my dorm -- annoying Cubs fans plus, if Milwaukee makes a run, the Brewer fans who I still find annoying becaause they're the same people who root for the Packers. I'm going to bury my head in the sand and try to focus on the other sports (English Premier Football, Blackhawks, Bears and MU B-ball).

These next two months are going to be the 'sux0rz', that's for sure.

Well, I'm just praying that guys like Peavy, Young, Penny, Lowe, Saito, Smoltz and Hudson stay healthy so the Cubs could face some good competition in the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:59 AM)
Well, I'm just praying that guys like Peavy, Young, Penny, Lowe, Saito, Smoltz and Hudson stay healthy so the Cubs could face some good competition in the playoffs.

I'm just letting you know that you aren't alone -- there's a lot of us that have to deal with some of the stupid people who root for that team. I think I've come to the realization that they're going to make the playoffs -- afterall, Marquis hasn't totally collapsed yet despite throwing nothing but s*** to homeplate, and Sean Marshall has somehow become the 2002 version of Barry Zito, not to mention what Z and Lilly are doing. And with Wood coming back, you just get the sense that he's going to give the Cubs two-and-a-half months of excellence.

I guess what gives me hope is that they can't possibly stay this hot for the next two (plus) months. And as good as their pitching staff has been, I'm not sure it's better than San Diego's. Atlanta now has the best lineup in the NL, and if the Mets get healthy, they're going to be very tough.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
Seriously, why can't teams play defense anymore when they face the Cubs?

no kidding its unreal the amount of unearned runs they are scoring. they are getting every break with calls, wild pitches, key injuries to other teams right when they are playing them it goes on. my hope is that their bullpen will eventually give out with their heavy workload but they just dont lose. i keep telling myself theres another two months but i really wished the brewers picked up a bat. they are home run or nothing and are almost as bad as us when it comes to knocking in guys from third.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 11:29 PM)
The Mariners have only scored one more run than they have allowed all year, are 7th in the AL in runs scored and 11th in ERA, yet they are a 1/2 game out of the wild card.

A lot of their run differential was lost in a few early season blowups by Weaver and one other pitcher.