Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)
Silvy and Waddle just played the whole Urlacher post game interview. What a f***ing dickhead.

Not that I was an Urlacher fanboy before, or my opinion matters, but I lost a ton of respect for him and the organization after listening to that bulls***.

I think the Bears might be in trouble. This could be the beginning of the end for Urlacher if he really does have an arthritic back. That's not the type of thing you just play through, its the type of thing that ends careers.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 09:37 AM)
I find it funny.

If you want to stop them you have to stop them, not just pray they are good sports about things.

I tend to agree. In college and high school and obviously youth sports I think running up the score is a complete douche bag move. In the pros, meh. You are getting paid a ridiculous amount of money. If you don't want someone running up the score on you than do something about it. Now with that said, I think the Patriots are being a bit foolish playing Brady as late into games as they have because it isn't worth the injury risk. Because except for when they play the Colts, the only way they lose is if Brady goes down with injury.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 28, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
I like Tom Brady, but maybe this should be done as a message to NE. When they were up 35-0 today and had 4th and 1, they should of been better sports and kicked a FG IMO. But nope, had to go for it, get it, and add a TD.

Nobody doubts they are good, but they could handle themselves better.

what dicks.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 07:00 PM)
Hmmm that's a lot of money for Romo.

Still apart from 1 game, he's probably shown he's close to a franchise type QB this season.

"probably"? "close to"?

I mean, if you're taking out that Buffalo game, I'd say he's shown that and more. I'm not completely convinced, but he hardly could have done better in the rest.

Didn't he take out a $30 mil insurance policy this year? Interesting that the guaranteed money almost matches that number.

They were discussing the Pats running up the score and Keyshawn asked what would happen in baseball.

Kind of funny because I always thought in baseball if you were "up 15 points in the bottom of the 8th" that a team would actually play different. While they would stil be hitting, you would not see hit and runs, players stealing bases, etc.

And if you did see some one do that, I would expect a player to get a fastball right at them.

Just thought it was interesting to hear them talk about it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
Did I miss the memo that Favre is retiring? Holy s***, the lovefest for him tonight is pathetic.

Yeah, no s***. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play the next two seasons after this one. Guy's still got a ton of gun in that arm.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
Did I miss the memo that Favre is retiring? Holy s***, the lovefest for him tonight is pathetic.

99.99 percent of the time I'd agree with this sentiment, but not here. He had 2 incredible long passes he hit, including the one in overtime to win the game, and went 21 for 27 for 331 yards and 2 TD's with no turnovers, and threw only 1 incomplete pass after halftime. That's about as good as it gets for a QB not named Brady or Manning. The other thing is, if Greg Jennings can stay healthy long term, I think the pride of Western Michigan is going to end up in a few pro bowls. Really talented player.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
Nothing. His answers to every question were: "Don't know" or "Maybe." Oh, but he'll be generous enough to answer some softball questions from fans on foxsports.com.

It was absolutely hilarious. :lol:

When he gave the quick, monotone "Don't know" it literally made me chuckle. "Not sure"

Then he said he answers questions on some sort of blog because he does want the fans to be in the know. I can respect that.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 11:51 AM)
Ya, thats exactly what the wants to do. Please.

He is going to get paid a pretty good sum to have Foxsports weed out thousands of emails with decent questions, and will probably answer 7 or 8 softball type questions.

The guy came off as a complete tool, and was not only being ripped apart be the MEDIA, but also the fans calling in. If I was Urlacher, I would be firing all my media relations personal, as they are doing a terrible job advising him on how to act.

Urlacher's good buddy at Foxsports.com insisted that Urlacher wasn't getting a dime for this today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)

From a fantasy football column:

Brett Favre had yet another spectacular game, but the Monday Night Football announcers seemed to have that situation pretty well covered. In fact, they may have crossed the fine line that exists between football commentary and male erotica.

:lol:

Cowher is absolutely right. It wont be Indy to do it but if they keep this up against the Jets or Dolphins the second time around I wouldnt be surprised at all to see someone get popped. Ironically enough, it may not be Brady because nobody can get to him, Moss better watch out.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
As have I. With Ronnie Brown going down for me, having to start Fred Taylor(Caddy Williams went down for me, and Maroney sucks), Evans has really stepped up for me the last few weeks.

Though I haven't needed it this year, it's nice to have someone produce besides Tom Brady for my team. :P