Official NFL Thread

our defensive coordinator needs to be fired right now. The gameplan he had for the 2nd half was just plain horrible... if not for the Tillman pick in the endzone could have even been worse... they drove the entire field basicly 3 times. On offense, I dont like Turner but at same time if Peterson could just make one guy miss numerous times he would of had big yardage and the O-Line is just so unbelievable bad right now.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grossman wasn't good in the second half, but he was about the 8th or 9th worst thing the Bears had going out there... the least of their problems... Overall he had a pretty good game...

The O-Line is terrible, and you can't shoot yourself in the foot with false starts...

The D-Line was giving away 5 yard gifts all game.

The only thing that makes our O-line blocking look good is the blocking of our WR -- At least they catch everything thrown their way (Oops)

The offensive gameplan went into prevent once the game entered the 2nd quarter.

I don't know why they even count on running the ball with the O-line/running back combo we've got. It was going to take a little creativity to run the table, which is what the Bears needed. Outside of the first quarter/drive, we didn't really see anything that wasn't pulled from a decades old playbook.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)
that's the 2nd screen busted because of poor blocking

The oline is so f***ing terrible. They out run everyone and don't actually block the cb's. It should have been a TD and it was at least twice in the game where I saw the guards completely f*** up and not even make a block on a screen pass (they completely out run the play). Rex played his ass off, got the living s*** kicked out of him, made countless great throws (he also missed on a couple throws in the second half where it looked like the wind was really screwing with him or something) but more importnatly made no mistakes.

The WR's didn't help him with countless drops (after all, they do lead the league in dropped passes) and the offensive line continued to play absolutely terrible. This doens't even get into the fact that he was completely handicapped by the worse f***ing OC in the league. Defensively I think the defense has actually played its best the past two weeks (they missed a lot of tackles again today but they are at least gang tackling again, something they didn't do for about 8 weeks). Mark Anderson has played terrible all year but Ogunleye has been brilliant, Brown is solid, and well not much to say about the lack of anything from the interior lineman (Bears have to hope Harris gets healthy in the off-season and that Dusty can come back along with the Bears signing some vet dtackle that can play a lot on rushing downs...ie what Ian Scott was for them).

The big changes/moves should be 100% made at the line (I'm talking brand new offensive line, at least two first day picks on the line, plus a signing). Kreutz and Tait can stay (not that Tait really deserves it with the goal of finding a LT in the draft which will let you slide Tait to the RT spot). Ricky Manning Jr. gone, a new safety in (Arch obviously gone), and than resign Rex, Berrian and Briggs (the emphasis on Berrian and Rex as I feel both are really indispensible in the sense the Bears really have no other options at QB nor do they have anything at WR). They still have solid LB's, but I'd like Briggs to be back (I understand if he isn't though, cause I'd take a stud olineman over Briggs right now).

I can't emphasize the fact that Rex (if he continues to play like he has and build upon these past couple games) should be the Bears QB. He's making plays under pressure and when he has time he is absolutely amazing (he throws such good balls).

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
Grossman wasn't good in the second half, but he was about the 8th or 9th worst thing the Bears had going out there... the least of their problems... Overall he had a pretty good game...

The O-Line is terrible, and you can't shoot yourself in the foot with false starts...

The D-Line was giving away 5 yard gifts all game.

The only thing that makes our O-line blocking look good is the blocking of our WR -- At least they catch everything thrown their way (Oops)

The offensive gameplan went into prevent once the game entered the 2nd quarter.

I don't know why they even count on running the ball with the O-line/running back combo we've got. It was going to take a little creativity to run the table, which is what the Bears needed. Outside of the first quarter/drive, we didn't really see anything that wasn't pulled from a decades old playbook.

Peterson was admirable and I really do think he's proven that he's an awesome 3rd down back. But he isn't a starter. I continue to say no one can run behind that oline (and I'm really bummed Ced was hurt because given a good oline I think he can be a very productive runner when teamed with Peterson).

I can't even get into the play calling, the Bears had countless chances to put the game away and Turner acted as if the game was over.

yeah we need to draft an OT and OG in the first two rounds... Tait needs to be slid over to RT where I think he can still be effective for a year or two more and Kreutz is still good. Metcalf cost us big when he for no reason got that 15 yard penalty which led to a fg instead of possible TD, but id say we might have to keep one of him or Garza to fill a spot.

The Bears need Tony Sparano.

He's an assistant head coach / assistant OC / and OL coach for the Cowboys. Before he started, the Boys gave up about 50 sacks in 2004 or 2005. Right now, they have given up 16 sacks for the whole season so far (although Romo is obviously very good at avoiding the rush).

He would be ideal as either a new OC or OL coach for the Bears. He was the OC last season, and we still had the around the 4th best offense in the NFL (but obviously Jason Garrett has come in and made that even better, and he'll probably be a head coach next season sadly).

He's turned players such as Gurode, Kosier and Colombo from being average players, to very good offensive lineman.

And also right now, if you could bring back Ron Rivera for Bob Babich, would you do it? Things have just really fallen apart for the Bears defensively this season (blame Archuleta). :D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 01:15 AM)
Peterson was admirable and I really do think he's proven that he's an awesome 3rd down back. But he isn't a starter. I continue to say no one can run behind that oline (and I'm really bummed Ced was hurt because given a good oline I think he can be a very productive runner when teamed with Peterson).

I can't even get into the play calling, the Bears had countless chances to put the game away and Turner acted as if the game was over.

As much as I like how Peterson played in the first half, he absolutely sucked in the 2nd half. There were 3 big plays where he couldn't break a single tackle. Most people will complain that the Bears biggest need is at QB, but I think RB is a much bigger issue (along with all the other glaring issues).

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
As much as I like how Peterson played in the first half, he absolutely sucked in the 2nd half. There were 3 big plays where he couldn't break a single tackle. Most people will complain that the Bears biggest need is at QB, but I think RB is a much bigger issue (along with all the other glaring issues).

Come on, the offensive line is by far the Bears biggest need. QB doesn't even rank on the list. Rex is the QB. Peterson showed exactly why he is an outstanding 3rd down back and nothing more. Benson with a good line is fully capable of being a solid back. The injury is the only issue and I still wouldn't draft a RB till the 2nd round. I'd probably take Oline, RB, oline in the first 3rd's. The tackle going in the first round and the guard in the 3rd round.

Behind Oline, the next biggest need are the DT's and the safeties. I happen to think the Bears will hope Harris/Dvoraceck come back healthy (and than sign a veteran run stuffer to come in, kind of like what Ian Scott was for them in the previous seasons). Hell, WR is a far more pressing need than anything else. I hope they resign Berrian, keep Moose, work on getting Hester more involved and sign vet that has good hands (you can always find solid vet WR's that get cut somewhere and still have something left). I'd like to draft a WR, but I just think the other things are more pressing (unless the Bears opt to sign a vet RB, but that could be expensive) in which case I have no problem taking a WR in rd 2.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 01:44 AM)
Come on, the offensive line is by far the Bears biggest need. QB doesn't even rank on the list. Rex is the QB. Peterson showed exactly why he is an outstanding 3rd down back and nothing more. Benson with a good line is fully capable of being a solid back. The injury is the only issue and I still wouldn't draft a RB till the 2nd round. I'd probably take Oline, RB, oline in the first 3rd's. The tackle going in the first round and the guard in the 3rd round.

Behind Oline, the next biggest need are the DT's and the safeties. I happen to think the Bears will hope Harris/Dvoraceck come back healthy (and than sign a veteran run stuffer to come in, kind of like what Ian Scott was for them in the previous seasons). Hell, WR is a far more pressing need than anything else. I hope they resign Berrian, keep Moose, work on getting Hester more involved and sign vet that has good hands (you can always find solid vet WR's that get cut somewhere and still have something left). I'd like to draft a WR, but I just think the other things are more pressing (unless the Bears opt to sign a vet RB, but that could be expensive) in which case I have no problem taking a WR in rd 2.

I thought that's exactly what I had written. We're probably the two biggest Rex fans on this site....but I'm sure people will blame him for this. I hope they enjoy Kyle Orton.

I am surprised no one has brought up that ridiculous replay reversal on Toomer's TD. For the life of me I cannot figure out how they decided that was conclusive evidence. And it turned out to be a huge momentum shift. If the Giants get a FG there, instead of the TD, I think it may have changed things.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
I thought that's exactly what I had written. We're probably the two biggest Rex fans on this site....but I'm sure people will blame him for this. I hope they enjoy Kyle Orton.

Oh god, I hated Griese (he's a solid back up, he's just not a starter) and I am scared about Orton. Orton has a slow release and takes forever to really muster up the arm strength. Rex isn't a guarantee but he's made a ton of strides since reclaiming the starting job and has all the tools you want (with the exception of size and additional speed). He is now making plays when everything goes wrong and being much more willing to take a sack or go with his checkdown guy. Plus he makes more than a handful of throws that just leave you speachless (in the sense that he throws the ball to the perfect spot and it is on passes where most guys couldn't even attempt the throw).

I thought you were saying that RB was the biggest need and not the oline, but I guess I was wrong (I think the RB situation gets solved by fixing the oline situation). I'm not even that concerned about QB (but like you said, we are Rex's biggest supporters).

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 08:02 PM)
I am surprised no one has brought up that ridiculous replay reversal on Toomer's TD. For the life of me I cannot figure out how they decided that was conclusive evidence. And it turned out to be a huge momentum shift. If the Giants get a FG there, instead of the TD, I think it may have changed things.

:lol:

f*** Don Shula. f*** him. I can't believe he's at this game. f*** him and the entire 72 Dolphins team. I hope I never see Larry Czoncka or that cokehead Mercury Morris ever again. God I wish the Bears would have beat the Dolphins on that monday night game.

Go Patriots! Lets get rid of those f***s once and for all.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
Yeah, very surprising to say the least, its unusual for Baltimore to hang with anyone with their terrible offense and all.

Their offense has been fun to watch tonight. McGahee with some tough runs.