Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
The Pats did not play well at all. There were a few penalties, Brady seemed pretty off all game (but obviously still good enough), and the defense was vulnerable over the middle all game. And the Eagles played a hell of a game too.

Tells you a little bit about how good the Pats are.

It seems that beating the Pats is possible...

But, you need a couple things to happen. First, you need to make virtually zero mistakes. Second, you need to be a good team to start with. And third, you need a bit of luck.

The Eagles qualified on the 2nd, but on 1 and 3 they took a bit of a hit. They didn't have McNabb, and Feeley had those 2 big INT's. It's impressive that they made it that close.

Wow that's just terrible.

And it's been happening too often lately, spors stars being robbed at home, and then something like this can happen.

Sounds like he probably won't play in the NFL again if what's being reported is true.

obviously praying for Sean Taylor...he hasn't been a model citizen, but that's just terrible.

And Miami is really bad, but you have to wonder how good the Steelers are...they've scored like 16 points in the last 115 minutes against 2 of the 3 worst teams in the AFC and possibly the NFL.

(and yes TRU, I do recall that they killed the Bills)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 09:36 AM)
Not a surprise, get ready for the Garrett Wolfe show!!! :headbang

In all seriousness though, officially add RB to the incredibly long list of Bears needs this offseason.

You dont think RB needed to be addressed in the offseason before the injury?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
obviously praying for Sean Taylor...he hasn't been a model citizen, but that's just terrible.

And Miami is really bad, but you have to wonder how good the Steelers are...they've scored like 16 points in the last 115 minutes against 2 of the 3 worst teams in the AFC and possibly the NFL.

(and yes TRU, I do recall that they killed the Bills)

Miami isn't even really bad.. they are just normal bad.. this is now game 6 they have lost by three points

They have just had way too many injuries and zero luck on their side.. but Beck has looked good, would love to see him get to play in a game that wasn't the s***tiest conditions ever

Steelers OL is questionable to be kind, and with injuries each week to Troy Polomalu, Santonio Holmes etc, it doesn't help the team at all. That and the Steelers CB's still blow, but are covered up by the ability to rush the passer.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)
You dont think RB needed to be addressed in the offseason before the injury?

In the higher levels of the draft? No. First, the Bears have much bigger needs on the O-Line, at WR, possibly/probably at QB, and potentially at Safety. They should have some cap room next year depending on what they do with Briggs et al., but there's really nothing the Bears can do as far as I can tell right now at RB. Their cap status and Benson's contract really leave them no choice but to try to go with these 3 guys next year, and hope that if they fix the O-Line and the rest of the offense, that fixes it.

It certainly is worth noting though that there's quite a few guys out there putting up big numbers who weren't high draft picks at all, like the guys in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. According to Peter King, out of the top 50 RB's in the NFL this season, 30 of them did not come out of the first round. The needs on the O Line are just bigger, and this draft is supposedly quite solid on O-Linemen

QUOTE(Shadows @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
Miami isn't even really bad.. they are just normal bad.. this is now game 6 they have lost by three points

They have just had way too many injuries and zero luck on their side.. but Beck has looked good, would love to see him get to play in a game that wasn't the s***tiest conditions ever

I just watched the end, so I didn't see much, but John Beck did look good on play action...the Dolphins receivers just seem pretty bad right now. The only one who has a chance to be a play maker is Ginn, and he's raw as hell. Ronnie Brown obviously is/was good, but who knows how he'll be next year when he comes back

There's a bit of talent there, but that top 3 pick (in all likelyhood anyways) will be really nice for them...hell, the #1 pick would be outstanding.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
I just watched the end, so I didn't see much, but John Beck did look good on play action...the Dolphins receivers just seem pretty bad right now. The only one who has a chance to be a play maker is Ginn, and he's raw as hell. Ronnie Brown obviously is/was good, but who knows how he'll be next year when he comes back

There's a bit of talent there, but that top 3 pick (in all likelyhood anyways) will be really nice for them...hell, the #1 pick would be outstanding.

At this point, how much competition do they actually have for the #1?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
In the higher levels of the draft? No. First, the Bears have much bigger needs on the O-Line, at WR, possibly/probably at QB, and potentially at Safety. They should have some cap room next year depending on what they do with Briggs et al., but there's really nothing the Bears can do as far as I can tell right now at RB. Their cap status and Benson's contract really leave them no choice but to try to go with these 3 guys next year, and hope that if they fix the O-Line and the rest of the offense, that fixes it.

It certainly is worth noting though that there's quite a few guys out there putting up big numbers who weren't high draft picks at all, like the guys in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. According to Peter King, out of the top 50 RB's in the NFL this season, 30 of them did not come out of the first round. The needs on the O Line are just bigger, and this draft is supposedly quite solid on O-Linemen

Honestly, I would have actually expected that number to be higher

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
At this point, how much competition do they actually have for the #1?

Jets, Raiders, Rams, and Falcons...it depends on whether those teams suck enough to lose out, or if the Dolphins get a little luck and win a few games in the next 5.

In all likelyhood, they have the #1 sewn up...they do play the Pats again, but other than that, they have a pretty soft schedule down the stretch (especially if Lynch is still a bit banged up when they play the Bills) so I think it's pretty much impossible for them to go winless

According to Peter King, out of the top 50 RB's in the NFL this season, 30 of them did not come out of the first round.

I've always believed that there are about 200 guys out there that could be plugged in on a decent OL and rush for 1,000+ yards a season. You see it with Denver and other clubs where back-ups come in and put up big numbers as well. Outside of dominant talents like Adrian Peterson, I'm not a big fan of drafting a RB in the 1st round. I think you can find a good enough guy later on and focus on other areas.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)

Beck looked pretty good for someone playing in their second game ever against the #1 defense on the road in the s***tiest conditions ever..

He isn't turning the ball over, which is something new to see from Miami QB's.. There were some dropped passes, but I think they will beat the Jets next week in Miami.

And yes, they are pretty much going to be picking first which I don't really think is that good.. There is no one they could take number one that would drastically improve their team.. Glenn Dorsey maybe, but his knee problem is worrying me.. I hope someone gets a hard on for McFadden and they can possibly deal out of that pick.. if not, maybe they will just take McFadden pending Ronnie Browns status.. he might be out until mid season next year and may not even be the same player..

All I know is this has been a real tough year for them considering all the injuries, the close games, and the lack of breaks they have been getting..

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 05:04 AM)
RIP Sean Taylor :pray

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313041,00.html

Redskins Safety Sean Taylor Dies One Day After Being Shot in His Home

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

MIAMI — Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor died early Tuesday, a day after he was shot at home. He was 24.

Family friend Richard Sharpstein said Taylor's father told him the news around 5:30 a.m.

"His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

He said Taylor died early Tuesday at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, where he had been airlifted after the shooting early Monday.

Just terrible.

So, reading around, it looks like it may not have been a burglary but rather just an attempt on his life. They left a knife/machete on his bed and cut the phone lines too; if they went to his house last week and he wasn't home, but came back again when he was home, it seems to point to something other than burglary, because you'd really think they would have taken what they wanted to when he wasn't home.

RIP Sean...you were a hell of a player, and you went way too young. :crying

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 11:30 AM)
So, reading around, it looks like it may not have been a burglary but rather just an attempt on his life. They left a knife/machete on his bed and cut the phone lines too; if they went to his house last week and he wasn't home, but came back again when he was home, it seems to point to something other than burglary, because you'd really think they would have taken what they wanted to when he wasn't home.

RIP Sean...you were a hell of a player, and you went way too young. :crying

The machete was Taylor's. They said he kept one next to his bed for protection and grabbed it when he heard noises in the house.