Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Grossman fan. Let me Preface the following statement with that.

But I think this was the best QB game we saw this season. Rex made plays with his feet (sans fumble) escaped trouble and made good decisions.

Grossman will probably be backing someone up next year, but I feel if he played like this with a real offensive line... he could be the franchise QB.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
Someone on Washington wanna watch for 81 on Dallas. Only 4 TDs today.

Yep he was the difference today for us. Single handledy won a few games for us this season now.

Defensively we're still average at best against the pass. Probably a 7 win team on talent and performance, but we've ended up 9-1, so I can't complain.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 07:06 PM)
Rex tried too hard to make something happen..... 1st down on the 31, shoulda threw it out of bounds.

Otherwise, he has been great.

Rex didn't know where his outlet receiver was. It was a play action to the left, with Benson leaking out to the left side. After going through his progression, Grossman looked out in the flat to the right and when he didn't find Benson he took off running.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
Rex didn't know where his outlet receiver was. It was a play action to the left, with Benson leaking out to the left side. After going through his progression, Grossman looked out in the flat to the right and when he didn't find Benson he took off running.

Well is that because Benson was on the wrong side or because Grossman screwed up? I was pretty happy with his performance today, our O-line played like crap especially Miller and our defense was pathetic today. We easily could have won this game....

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
From what someone in the NIU athletic dept has told me, the Bears have been very disappointed in Wolfe's speed. I don't think he'll be with the organization next year.

Wolfe was a joke of a pick from day one. f***ing terrible decision. Okay if you didn't have Hester and you took him in the 5th round but when you have Hester and Adrian Peterson already the move made no f***ing sense (not to mention the 3rd freaking round).

GOod god, Rex played as good a game as possible (made so many good throws, one stupid ass fumble though) and the defense and oline were f***ing turnstyles. I won't even mention Turner anymore. He needs to go away.

Please hire Jim Fassel as an OC and do it immediately...please.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
Devin Hester is on the field.... lets run an OBVIOUS reverse, why not?

FOr about 3-4 f***ing weeks the Bears should ocassionally bring Hester out there on a reverse and use him as a gimmick every week. Than after enough of doing that you can finally give him the ball on a reverse. I have no problem with him running routes but every defensive player in the league is watching him if he rolls for any sort of a reverse (so use it to your f***ing advantage and gimmick it until teams finally respect that you fake it and at that point, give him the ball).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
Ron Turner and the defense, thanks for another loss. You are both pretty much worthless.

Good game by Rex actually, he made due with poor protection and horrific play calls.

Rex showed me one thing he hadn't done in the past, he stepped up under pressure and made good throws. The 2 minute drill wasn't very pretty (but he doesn't have a ton of experience in that yet) but he didn't get any help thanks to Fred Miller. Sans those two minutes and the one fumble (but it was a fumble made because he was actually scrambling and not trying to make a mistake) that was probably one of the best games he's had.

He really looks like a new QB and he showed some of his old stuff too (he can make some fantastic throws and we saw a good number of perfect passes, balls that many NFL Qb's aren't capable of making). I'm sold on giving him the whole season and let him earn the job for next year. With all the major holes this team needs to spend money on the oline, finding a solid DT (and hoping and praying Harris comes back healthy next year) as well as a safety or two. Oh and keep Briggs.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
Didn't Brian Billick start calling the plays in Baltimore instead of Fassel because he was so terrible?

Sort of. Billick just wanted to take on the responsibility, and Fassell quit because Billick meddled so much.

I aactually think Tony Sparano would be a great hire as an OC for the Bears. He's the assistant head coach / offensive line coach of the Cowboys.

They were 4th in points last season IIRC, and the Cowboys line is argubly one of the best in the NFL. And before he came in, they were argubly one of the worst. He knows how to fix it.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
Didn't Brian Billick start calling the plays in Baltimore instead of Fassel because he was so terrible?

Fassel got the job in New York for his offensive prowess and did a pretty nice job with the Giants offense (hell he turned Kerry Collins career around for a short time). I didn't even think he was technically the OC in Baltimore (he was like an asst head coach) but Billick has such a gigantic ego that he doesn't let anyone do anything.

Billick is still living off what Randy Moss did for his career as the OC in Minny (Moss makes a QB with a strong arm look amazing when he wants to suit up...see Randall, Jeff George, Daunte Cullpepper). How Billick has a job is beyond me as his Ravens continue to do nothing but suck on offense and he's supposed to be the so called offensive guru.

Fassel was the oc in Baltimore (iirc, he wasn't initially, but when he couldn't find a hc job the next offseason, he was named oc). He was fired, he didn't really quit. Apparently he and Billick had a 'discussion' about who was really running the offense, and Billick decided to take control.

Billick's an ego, yeah, but you didn't hear complaints from the Ravens players about the move. The Ravens offense isn't very good this year, but I think you can blame that more on the fact that McNair's past his expiration date.