Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
Fassel was the oc in Baltimore (iirc, he wasn't initially, but when he couldn't find a hc job the next offseason, he was named oc). He was fired, he didn't really quit. Apparently he and Billick had a 'discussion' about who was really running the offense, and Billick decided to take control.

Billick's an ego, yeah, but you didn't hear complaints from the Ravens players about the move. The Ravens offense isn't very good this year, but I think you can blame that more on the fact that McNair's past his expiration date.

Did you seriously say this year. The Ravens offense hasn't been good EVER.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
Did you seriously say this year. The Ravens offense hasn't been good EVER.

Take it as understatement. They were adequate last year, they're bad this year. Although today they looked okay, at least after Boller settled in.

The Baltimore o has worked with what it had, although it's never had any phenom talent like Moss. They used Jamal Lewis and Todd Heap well. Ogden's a HOFer, the line has usually been good (and Grubbs looks like a good pick, so far). Like the Bears, they've always emphasized the defense, so you can't expect too much. Unlike the Bears, they've at least hit on most of their first round offensive picks (Travis Taylor being the obvious exception -- may be joined by Mark Clayton soon, we'll see).

Edit: And Boller, of course. So obvious, you just forget.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
The only reason I want this game to still go on is if Buffalo gets some cheap shots in.

No s***

Im just waiting for someone to take their shot at New England and their gay ass go for it on 4th down while up 4 touchdowns

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
Nobody's complaining about NE playing here. They've complained about NE going for it on 4th down up by 38 in the 4th quarter. So, Al and John, stop b****ing and defending NE against phantom attacks.

I can't hate those two any more than I do now.

I have trouble expressing just how much I admire New England's shoving it up the league's ass.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
I have trouble expressing just how much I admire New England's shoving it up the league's ass.

Actually, I do understand the depth of your feeling. It's almost as strong as my wish that someone fracture Brady's knee into a thousand million little pieces. Almost.