The .198 Hinske overshift, Ozzie's brilliance at work

whitesoxfan101

So they supershift a guy hitting .198, dumb.

Then he bunts it foul, showing you what's going on, dumber.

FINALLY, you don't go back to a regular defense and Hinske gets to the mendoza line with the free single to the somehow STILL wide open left side, dumbest.

Defend this one, Ozzie fans! That's in effect 4 free runs and a possible loss due to our pathetic, inexcuseable manager.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(max power @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Why would they lock this?

Because we have a game thread for this and with the site problems, I doubt the site needs a thread as useless as this one. We all know it was a huge f*ck up.

How is this thread useless?

That sequence was basically this Sox season in a nutshell, its mind boggling.

Im sorry but it made me so sick that I turned off the game.

I really would like to hear anyone explain what possibly could have been the motivation?

Hes a .200 hitter.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
Because we have a game thread for this and with the site problems, I doubt the site needs a thread as useless as this one. We all know it was a huge f*ck up.

It will be defended by some of the heirarchy around here, so I doubt it's locked. They'll come in and say Ozzie brought us a ring, I wouldn't be complaining if Hinske had bunted into a double play, etc.

I see. I think some people who didn't see the game, and don't want to read the entire game thread(though tonight its not very long) would want to discuss this, especially those who are critical of ozzie's every move, as they require some kind of sick validation.

Believe me, it's not getting closed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
Like I said earlier today, the way this nightmare season has gone, we'll hold on to Contreras and then trade Garland for a medicore package this offseason.

Garland shouldn't be on this ballclub August 1st, yet alone this offseason. Buehrle's extension made that decision all the more clear in my mind.

I'm curious, for anyone resistant to the possibility of trading Garland, do you believe this organization signs an extension with him? Is it possible that over 37 million (conservatively) is thrown among Vazquez/Buehrle/Garland? I don't believe this will happen, even with the possibility Gonzalez and Floyd somewhat equalize the salaries.

If the choice is unloading Contreras to rid ourselves of his remaining contract, or receiving a generous package for Garland, I'd rather take my chances with Contreras. We need an influx of talented positional prospects more than we need Contreras to pitch for another ballclub.

The thought of Williams holding onto Contreras AND receiving a mediocre package for Garland in the offseason is just not a possibility in my mind. He has a job to do. I'll be absolutely furious if nothing is done entering August 1st.

Oh it got even better in the 8th with the sac fly, hit by pitch, and grand slam for the epic Julio Lugo. Finally, after the grand slam and 10 runs he takes out Contreras. That was laughable, it's like he tried to do the worst job possible.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
Garland shouldn't be on this ballclub August 1st, yet alone this offseason. Buehrle's extension made that decision all the more clear in my mind.

I'm curious, for anyone resistant to the possibility of trading Garland, do you believe this organization signs an extension with him? Is it possible that over 37 million (conservatively) is thrown among Vazquez/Buehrle/Garland? I don't believe this will happen, even with the possibility Gonzalez and Floyd somewhat equalize the salaries.

If the choice is unloading Contreras to rid ourselves of his remaining contract, or receiving a generous package for Garland, I'd rather take my chances with Contreras. We need an influx of talented positional prospects more than we need Contreras to pitch for another ballclub.

The thought of Williams holding onto Contreras AND receiving a mediocre package for Garland in the offseason is just not a possibility in my mind. He has a job to do. I'll be absolutely furious if nothing is done entering August 1st.

Trading Garland just for the hell of trading him is retarted. With a rotation of Buehrle, Garland, Vazquez, Danks, and then Floyd/Gio, we can live without having top prospects in the outfield.

We need to trade Contreras for a bag of used baseballs for all I care.

And I am officially in the fire Ozzie's ass now wagon.