Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
USF done

And Boston College may follow suit next Thursday, as they visit Blacksburg for a weeknight game. Arizona State plays Cal, at Oregon, at UCLA, USC the next 4 weeks, Kansas plays at Colorado and Texas A&M the next 2 weeks, and finishes with Missouri. And of course, Ohio State still has games at Penn State and at Michigan, while even Hawaii has to play Boise State and a revitalized Fresno State program. I think there is a chance NOBODY survives the regular season undefeated, this might be the year that finally kills the BCS.

The moral of the last 2 years is clear though: If your a BCS team having a dream undefeated season, don't visit Rutgers for a Thursday night game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
And Boston College may follow suit next Thursday, as they visit Blacksburg for a weeknight game. Arizona State plays Cal, at Oregon, at UCLA, USC the next 4 weeks, Kansas plays at Colorado and Texas A&M the next 2 weeks, and finishes with Missouri. And of course, Ohio State still has games at Penn State and at Michigan, while even Hawaii has to play Boise State and a revitalized Fresno State program. I think there is a chance NOBODY survives the regular season undefeated, this might be the year that finally kills the BCS.

The moral of the last 2 years is clear though: If your a BCS team having a dream undefeated season, don't visit Rutgers for a Thursday night game.

Or the year where you really need the BCS to distinguish between 1 loss teams. Computers are way, way better at taking the season on the whole where the humans (read: coaches secretaries and press members who don't stay up past 9pm) put too much stock into what happened 10 minutes ago.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
And Boston College may follow suit next Thursday, as they visit Blacksburg for a weeknight game. Arizona State plays Cal, at Oregon, at UCLA, USC the next 4 weeks, Kansas plays at Colorado and Texas A&M the next 2 weeks, and finishes with Missouri. And of course, Ohio State still has games at Penn State and at Michigan, while even Hawaii has to play Boise State and a revitalized Fresno State program.

I know you are just listing the undefeateds, but did you just mention Kansas with national title implications? I actually think they are a legit top 25 team, which with their schedule so far is still debatable, it's way too early to talk Kansas going undefeated. They do have a cushy schedule though, no Texas or Oklahoma and they already beat Baylor.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 18, 2007 -> 11:50 PM)
I know you are just listing the undefeateds, but did you just mention Kansas with national title implications? I actually think they are a legit top 25 team, which with their schedule so far is still debatable, it's way too early to talk Kansas going undefeated. They do have a cushy schedule though, no Texas or Oklahoma and they already beat Baylor.

I just meant I don't see anybody going undefeated, so I listed the schedules of all the unbeatens left since there are so few, that's all. I'm not THAT big an idiot to say Kansas=BCS.

I never thought the outcome would be any different. I figured this was the game that USF would lose.

Works for me, another team ahead of us that loses, but I don't see anyone else above us losing this week sadly, and I hope like hell that we focus on Vandy right now as well.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)
I just meant I don't see anybody going undefeated, so I listed the schedules of all the unbeatens left since there are so few, that's all. I'm not THAT big an idiot to say Kansas=BCS.

stop talking about us.....just let us have fun beating teams in th state of kansas.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
I'll be there tonight, should be a fantastic atmosphere and hopefully likewise for the game. I think Michigan pulls it off if Hart plays the entire game. In order to win, we really need to hit a few deep balls. Of course, that's always the problem.

I'm guessing Hart plays little if any. Michigan still wins 31 - 17!

QUOTE(farmteam @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
Kellen Lewis makes me sad.

The first fumble was legit, because he got popped hard. However, the other two were Rex Grossman-esque. We definitely had our chances to get the elusive sixth today.

Next week's going to be rough at Wiscy, but we still have games against Ball State, Northwestern, and Purdue. We'll be playing 13.