Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 09:56 PM)
cough cough playoff cough cough

Yep, I would love to see it. 8 teams, take the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12 champions. Maybe the Big East champion. Use the BCS formula to select the at large teams (2 if you want the Big East to get automatic bid, I tend to think they shouldn't and 3 if no automatic bid for Big East).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
Herbstreit just said he would have KU in the BCS (assuming Oklahoma win). So basically MU would be penalized for playing Oklahoma twice and KU would be rewarded for losing to the only good team they played, and beating up on a bunch of piece of crap teams. Makes sense.

yup.....ill take it

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
anyone else agree the pac 10 and big 10 need a championship game also?

Big 10 needs another team than has to split into 2 divisions. Don't see it happening. Doesn't really bother me either that there isn't one. Illinois fans would say they have a gripe but it's pretty clear cut.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 10:33 PM)
Big 10 needs another team than has to split into 2 divisions. Don't see it happening. Doesn't really bother me either that there isn't one. Illinois fans would say they have a gripe but it's pretty clear cut.

you can have iowa state, they cant win anything. :)

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 04:38 AM)
Speaking of corrupt, how about the Pitt game? Talk about the fix being in.

My ESPN was out due to the weather, but my brother, who was rooting for WVU, couldn't believe how shady things were. Who's the Heisman after tonight, McFadden?

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
Georgia vs Ohio St. in the battle of the corrupt athletic departments!

Hilarious. Osu isn't even the most corrupt program in the big ten. We didn't give back title. Don't worry, we are only bringing back 20 starters and the number 2 class in the country.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 04:41 AM)
Hilarious. Osu isn't even the most corrupt program in the big ten. We didn't give back title. Don't worry, we are only bringing back 20 starters and the number 2 class in the country.

It's just two programs that are very hard to root for unless you're actually a fan of that team. Don't worry Rock, UGa is my least favorite team in the world outside of the Cubs and Illini basketball.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
I still think Ohio State and LSU will/should end up playing for the Championship. Once again, I think you can say the BCS worked.

That said, who in the hell does a Michigan fan root for???

they hope for a different matchup, that's what I'm hoping for anyways.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
Sad how? 11-1. That's how it is. Illinois v usc in the rose bowl.

I just don't think OSU is that good, but neither is anyone really else in college football. OSU had a weak schedule, especially their non conference opponents. Does BCS still take into account strength of schedule?

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
I just don't think OSU is that good, but neither is anyone really else in college football. OSU had a weak schedule, especially their non conference opponents. Does BCS still take into account strength of schedule?

This will be without a doubt the weakest national champion since the BCS started.