Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 08:31 AM)
This game and the Cal-Oregon game should be a lot of fun this weekend. Then of course, you have the game of the year next week with LSU and Florida. Oklahoma-UT as well next weekend. Wow.

Oregon and WVU win. Oregon wins by a good margin, WVU game may be close (I just can't evaluate how good South Florida's defense is since they haven't played any truly good offensive teams).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody else think this smells bad for Coach Fran? A secret newsletter to boosters willing to pay $1,200 a year including detailed injury reports that are "against policy" when the media asks.

Not sure if this will blow up and really hurt him, but I can't think it will help.

Coach Fran: Secret Newsletter no longer secret

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
Anybody else think this smells bad for Coach Fran? A secret newsletter to boosters willing to pay $1,200 a year including detailed injury reports that are "against policy" when the media asks.

Not sure if this will blow up and really hurt him, but I can't think it will help.

Coach Fran: Secret Newsletter no longer secret

He was in a lot of trouble anyways. Be surprised if he lasts into next year.

In other news, West Virginia goes down, and they actually mentioned USF as a national title contender on ESPN2.

Ironically, the backup QB for West Virginia actually looked better than White did, by far.........but USF's speed simply takes away everything West Virginia does on offense. Not a surprise at all to see this evening play out as it did. And that crowd was a huge factor, WVU looked confused on offense all night pre-snap and I think that factored largely into several of their mistakes/turnovers. That's not a surprise though, anybody who has been to Raymond James down there in Tampa *raises hand* knows that is about as loud as it gets in terms of outdoor stadiums when full.

Also random: During the postgame, they showed a fan with a "West Virginia: #1 in the nation in incest only" sign. Good stuff.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

THEY FINALLY put Arrelious Benn on special teams last week, and it pays off pretty quick. 90 yards to the house on the kickoff after a Penn State field goal, and it's 7-3 Illini. And now a 3 and out for the Nittany Lions immediately afterwards, giving it back to Illinois at their own 30, good start here.

Juice hit three HUGE passes last drive, and Illinois punches it in again. 14-3 Illinois, but Penn State hit a big play and is at the 25 of Illinois.

Touchdown Penn State, it's 14-10 Illinois. The Illini secondary is getting killed right now. We might have ourselves quite a ballgame here.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
In addition to their pre-season top 3 recievers. Season's over. They'll be lucky to repeat their 2-6 in the B10 last year.

James Hardy has literally crossed the 500 yards receiving plateau against the Hawkeyes. After consecutive 200 yard performances, he had 95 yards in the first 17 minutes of today's game.

Greg Walker, I mean Norm Parker, is baffled.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
Win this game and we not only start getting consideration in the top 25 but we also start establishing the possiblity that we're Big Ten Championship material (*shudders in excitement*).

Uhhh no. At least for the 2nd part.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)
Ironically, the backup QB for West Virginia actually looked better than White did, by far.........but USF's speed simply takes away everything West Virginia does on offense. Not a surprise at all to see this evening play out as it did. And that crowd was a huge factor, WVU looked confused on offense all night pre-snap and I think that factored largely into several of their mistakes/turnovers. That's not a surprise though, anybody who has been to Raymond James down there in Tampa *raises hand* knows that is about as loud as it gets in terms of outdoor stadiums when full.

Not to mention the fact that West Virginia is overrated....again and USF is the far superior team. I found it laughable that USF got 7 points in their own stadium. Easy money.

Oh and Northwestern 16, Michigan 7 at half. Bizarro world. Hart is getting owned pretty bad, which is really surprising. Mallett is also struggling. NU has over 300 yards of offense in the 1st half and only 16 points. Obviously the 3 FGs means they have stalled in Michigan territory and an interception when they were inside the Wolverines' 30. If the Cats can fix that, game over. However, I don't expect Mike Hart to continue to average less than 3 yards per carry.