Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 01:17 PM)
Mendenhall to the pros, no surprise.

Hurts the Illini. I really cant see them sniffing a BCS game without Mendenhall next year unless they have a solid RB backup in place I dont know of.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
I still never heard why Steve Slaton did not play in the Fiesta Bowl for West Virginia.

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

He got injured in the first half of the game.

Wow....Rice had a monster game. He could be a great pickup for the Bears as well. Looks like the type of guy that could be a complete back. Not as explosive as Mendenhall but I don't think the Bears will have a shot at Mendenhall unless they take him at 14, which I wouldn't do.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
Wow....Rice had a monster game. He could be a great pickup for the Bears as well. Looks like the type of guy that could be a complete back. Not as explosive as Mendenhall but I don't think the Bears will have a shot at Mendenhall unless they take him at 14, which I wouldn't do.

no way a RB in 1st round, bears need O line and a WR

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 11:01 AM)
I heard it was between Michigan and Duke for Pryor. Guess Coach K said he could play football and basketball there.

Is it true Pryor will anounce where he is going during that high school all star game this weekend?

Not a chance in hell, its between OSU and Michigan and OSU is considered the leader. He also sported a buckeye sticker on his helmet during the AA all star game.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
Hurts the Illini. I really cant see them sniffing a BCS game without Mendenhall next year unless they have a solid RB backup in place I dont know of.

They have Dufrene who ripped that 50 yard run or what ever it was against the Buckeyes, but yeah not much there. I was excited for Mendenhall to come back, but once I heard him say records meant nothing to him and that he had nothing to prove in college he was good as gone

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 11:54 PM)
They have Dufrene who ripped that 50 yard run or what ever it was against the Buckeyes, but yeah not much there. I was excited for Mendenhall to come back, but once I heard him say records meant nothing to him and that he had nothing to prove in college he was good as gone

Pollard too who was really good as their number two before going down. They have a ton of talent at the position still, but yeah, they're still going to lose a lot.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
Not a chance in hell, its between OSU and Michigan and OSU is considered the leader. He also sported a buckeye sticker on his helmet during the AA all star game.

That Devier Posey put on when he wasn't looking....

Apparently Hawaii offered Jones over a million, but he wasn't satisfied with the admin's commitment to the program. I interpret that as recruiting budget, assistants pay and facilities. He didn't think it was ever going to get better and he felt he had done his part to raise the level of the program, yet they weren't doing theirs.

I don't think this is about money at all. Reportedly Jones loved it in Hawaii and loved the laid back lifestyle. I'm sure he is living quite nicely.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 12:47 AM)
That Devier Posey put on when he wasn't looking....

His good friend who is also committed to the buckeyes? Mmm Hmm, maybe it was the buckeye that Pryor decided to move in with at the game....Maybe it was one of the buckeyes that had dinner with him each night.... Could have been any of them.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 12:31 PM)
His good friend who is also committed to the buckeyes? Mmm Hmm, maybe it was the buckeye that Pryor decided to move in with at the game....Maybe it was one of the buckeyes that had dinner with him each night.... Could have been any of them.

Or the Michigan sweatshirt he wore on arrival to the hotel. He's buddies with the OSU recruits and they are pushing hard for him. He's interested in OSU heavily for sure.

But the stupid buckeye on the helmet and the Michigan sweatshirt mean nothing.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
Or the Michigan sweatshirt he wore on arrival to the hotel. He's buddies with the OSU recruits and they are pushing hard for him. He's interested in OSU heavily for sure.

But the stupid buckeye on the helmet and the Michigan sweatshirt mean nothing.

Ah, I forgot about that, he pulled on a Michigan sweatshirt in the car before he met Brewster and Posey in the lobby of the hotel, he then took it off after busting their balls and went and registered. I forgot about that. Kid has a good sense of humor.

As for if the sticker means anything? Prob not, the kid is having fun with recruiting, but according to Brewster, Pryor asked for it himself.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=717347

Edited by RockRaines