SOX @ Mariners 3:05 PM CSN

MHizzle85

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
He's electing not to throw it. I think I've seen one good sinker today. A lot of 4-seamers and change ups so far.

I'd like to hear why he isn't throwing it. For my money, it's the only 'A' grade pitch that he possesses. Does it hurt to throw it? Is it simply not working? Any team that faces Jon and realizes that he is minus that pitch has to be licking their chops.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
Can Vidro still play second? Isn't he a free agent? His power has dipped but he still gets on base at a good rate and doesn't strikeout much which would please Guillen.

He's signed through '08 with a vesting option for '09.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Wednesday is my last scheduled Sox game this year, and I get to see Jose Contreras pitch.....and likely half the bullpen, too.

OH, GOODIE.

I'm going to a game with in-laws I don't like on Friday with Garland on the mound surrounded by thousands of Red Sox fans.....I can't wait. :angry:

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
If Floyd starting sometime soon? Thought this would be a good chance to bring him in. He is our long reliever.

He went last night.....probably too much for her to pitch on consecutive days.

Please Hawk, don't start b****ing about a correctly called pitch.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
Over/under on homers for Fields: 19.5.

I'd probably take the under, but that's a real real close under -- I'd peg him for 18 or 19.

Judging from his homerun off Hernandez, as well as previous ones where it appeared he accidentally hit it out, I'm guessing he'll have around 22 to conclude the season.

I remember when I was crazy to suggest that Garland isn't quite as good as he'd been from 05-06 and that his "knot" is disconcerting and that he'd be a PERFECT choice to "sell high" on, and then Flash started saying it but still people said, "No, no, that's a bad idea, he so good," and it's not looking like it. He's a perfect "sell high to a contender" kind of guy.

DJ just said that Podsednik doesn't "mind left-handers." Oh really? He seems to mind all major league pitchers, for one...

Yesterday, Hawk said something about how today was the "most combative" he'd ever seen umpires and players, that it has never been quite as "adversarial" as today and I said, "Oh really? Remember when, say, several White Sox players fought an umpire because he wanted to prove he wasn't chicken? Remember the days when they'd get drunk and brawl? You weren't alive, and neither was I -- or maybe you were, but you were a kid -- but we both have access to the same materials, and you're telling me that today is 'adversarial'? And that Joe Crede is better to have on your club than Alex Rodriguez? And that Darin Erstad is the best?"

:hawk: :hawk:

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
I remember when I was crazy to suggest that Garland isn't quite as good as he'd been from 05-06 and that his "knot" is disconcerting and that he'd be a PERFECT choice to "sell high" on, and then Flash started saying it but still people said, "No, no, that's a bad idea, he so good," and it's not looking like it. He's a perfect "sell high to a contender" kind of guy.

I remember several members saying, "oh, well, if you want to compete you need somone such as Garland." The entire point was, and still is, that we needed someone of value (with service time remaining) to be traded in order to receive positional prospects. We could absorb the loss of pitcher more than any other position. At the end of July it was quite obvious this team wasn't going to be doing anything in October.

We'll regret the decision each passing day if starts such as this afternoon keep coming up. I honestly believe Williams just doesn't understand the idea of trading high. He'd rather unload people at their lowest value then take a calculated risk.

I seriously wonder how many homeruns Thome has left in him. Last night, I was shocked to see how few he had, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up with less than thirty this year and less than twenty five next year.

He'll have more if there wasn't crap surrounding him.

We'll see how Dye rebounds next year and what the new 1-2 "punch" in the lineup will be.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
He'll have more if there wasn't crap surrounding him.

We'll see how Dye rebounds next year and what the new 1-2 "punch" in the lineup will be.

That may be it, but I'm not so sure it is.

--

I'd like to see Floyd pitch again in a game that hasn't turned into a blowout. He didn't impress me last night. He had a nice lead and over-anxious batters, I thought, and today he's got such a big lead, but he did all right, I'll give him that. Still, I'm not impressed, and like I said, even Floyd gets it working one time out of ten.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
I remember several members saying, "oh, well, if you want to compete you need somone such as Garland." The entire point was, and still is, that we needed someone of value (with service time remaining) to be traded in order to receive positional prospects. We could absorb the loss of pitcher more than any other position. At the end of July it was quite obvious this team wasn't going to be doing anything in October.

We'll regret the decision each passing day if starts such as this afternoon keep coming up. I honestly believe Williams just doesn't understand the idea of trading high. He'd rather unload people at their lowest value then take a calculated risk.

I really feel that KW is living in denial over how bad this team has become. Instead of being proactive he is waiting for the core of his WS team to start winning again...It's frustrating and disheartening.