SOX @ Mariners 3:05 PM CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
It's sad when Fields is the 3rd best hitter in the lineup.

you mean a guy who has been striking out every 3rd AB wouldn't be a teams 3rd best hitter?

I think it is safe to say that a sweep is imminent.

Garland is just terrible right now. He's on his way to having an ERA near 5. Really should have traded him at the deadline while he still had tremendous trade value.

He has to be me moved this offseason. PERIOD. I rather takes my chances on Contreras and getting a good return for Garland instead of trading Contreras and cash for nothing and putting up with this Judy s*** for another year.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
He has to be me moved this offseason. PERIOD. I rather takes my chances on Contreras and getting a good return for Garland instead of trading Contreras and cash for nothing and putting up with this Judy s*** for another year.

I know people always get on Garland for showing no emotion, but it sure seems like he's ready for this season to end.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
I know people always get on Garland for showing no emotion, but it sure seems like he's ready for this season to end.

As things stand at this moment, I think you would have to be masochistic to feel any other way.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
God this team is beyond awful. They should define a new term for how bad we are. I can't think of a single team playing worse baseball right now.

It's mind-boggling the job security that KW, Ozzie, and Cooper seem to have.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Maybe the extra helpings at the buffet kept him from running down the line fast. Wait till he becomes Jabba the Hut when the 5 million dollar option is picked up.

We have four slap hitters in our lineup today.....how sad is that?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
We have four slap hitters in our lineup today.....how sad is that?

Well Greg is working with Thome so all will be well shortly. Maybe they lined up Jim's cards and flipped them over and reminded him he could hit. I wonder if the Top Deck corporation realizes this new scouting method. Flipping cards.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
you mean a guy who has been striking out every 3rd AB wouldn't be a teams 3rd best hitter?

I think it is safe to say that a sweep is imminent.

Thome does and he's our best hitter