Mike Myers Signs/ Andy Gonzalez optioned to Charlotte

JenksForPrez45

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw at the end of the story on Chisox.com that Myers had a 2.66 ERA in 55 games with the Yanks? He was then released?! I don't follow other teams much and muck like Ozzie I don't look at stats a lot either, but that is a pretty good record for someone getting canned by the Yankmees. Is this a true stat?

ERA for middle relievers mean next to dilly. They don't always start the inning, especially for situational relievers like Myers. Look at Buckvich today in the third inning. he didn't give up any earned runs.

lefties are hitting .212 against Logan this year with 14 hits and 15 k's in 18 innings and only 1 home run. Myers did have a 2.66 ERA in 41 innings for NY yes, but he's 38 and the only reason this is happening is he's from around here. Also, lefties hit .312 against Myers in 18 innings and righties hit .182 in 22 innings, and lefties hit him better last year too. This singing is almost as confusing as those numbers, we already have our LOOGY in Boone (although he's not used right by Ozzie) and Myers is old and not even getting lefties out anymore. What we need is the true lefty that gets everybody out, and with the way Matt Thornton has looked this season, we don't have him yet.

Meh. One of those signings that really doesn't get you excited.

Still I don't really hate it. Myers could always gets back to the form of last season, he was a very good reliever for the Yanks.

Plus it gives the Sox another option. If Myers does well, it allows for a Matt Thornton to be available for trade for example to fill another need.

Of course this is all dependent on whether Myers can pitch well, and he very well may not have anything left.

This signing makes so little sense I'm not suprised in the least we made it. Picking up 38 year old relievers while you're in the cellar in the division with 45 games to go. We already have two lefties in the bullpen, one of which has sucessfully retired lefties all year, and we pick up this guy.

Where is Kenny going with this team?

Look at the difference in Myers numbers away from Yankee stadium....blech.

G GS W L SV CG SHO IP   H  R ER HR BB  K  ERA WHIP  BAA   
Home   31 0 2 0  0  0  0 26.2 20  4  2  0 10 13 0.68 1.13 .208   
Away   24 0 1 0  0  0  0 14.0 18 10 10  3  6  8 6.43 1.71 .310

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
So who is getting sent down to make room for our new old loogy who cant get lefties out. Ozzie Baker gets a veteran. Guess which appendage he will come into face late in the game. More toys for the appendage aware manager.

Ozzie LaRussa is more appropriate, and every manager likes veterans over young players, but besides that, your criticism is very well thought out and appreciated.

While our bullpen really isn't good... this isn't a way to improve it.

Is this a name that KW told Buehrle he was going to get?

and because he is a lefty it means he can get lefties out right??? Well I guess Ozzie is going to manage this guy real good.

Besides aren't we looking to get younger? Why would they take away innings from Boone, Wasserman and any other young guys. Aren't they having trouble finding innings for Floyd? Don't they want to call up a few guys??

What are they thinking...

This team already has a LOOGY and he unlike Myers has been getting lefties out this season plus he's like 13 years younger and doesn't have a silly name.

Are you referring to Logan??? First off, how is Mike Myers a silly name, and how is it sillier than Boone Logan??? Did you forget to type in green or something? :huh:

I assume a pitcher will be sent down to make room for the man with the very silly name.

Mark Buehrle

Ryan Bukvich

Jose Contreras

John Danks

Gavin Floyd

Jon Garland

Bobby Jenks

Boone Logan

Mike MacDougal

Matt Thornton

Javier Vazquez

Ehren Wassermann

So I guess Floyd is the obvious choice to go. This is seriously f***ing retarded.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 12:48 AM)
I assume a pitcher will be sent down to make room for the man with the very silly name.

Mark Buehrle

Ryan Bukvich

Jose Contreras

John Danks

Gavin Floyd

Jon Garland

Bobby Jenks

Boone Logan

Mike MacDougal

Matt Thornton

Javier Vazquez

Ehren Wassermann

So I guess Floyd is the obvious choice to go. This is seriously f***ing retarded.

I still am trying to get my arms around why we would sign a 38 year old LOOGY who cant get lefties out. This on the 5th place team in August. Is loogy such a pressing need. The rest of this year should be devoted to finding out who can play at this level.

With Grinder and Pods playing so much, you have to believe that they will be back.

Edited by southsideirish71