Ozzie Extension

J-MAN

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Yeah, they should probably fire him and hire someone else. this team would have been 100-62 without Ozzie

I don't blame this season on Ozzie at all. I do believe he is a horrible manager though. Plus, you always see teams give their manager an extension when they're in a battle for the worst record in baseball.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
I don't blame this season on Ozzie at all. I do believe he is a horrible manager though. Plus, you always see teams give their manager an extension when they're in a battle for the worst record in baseball.

The tribe gave Wedge and extension during a bad year and he has a worse record than ozzie does. Does that mean they continue to make horrible personnel decisions as well? In fact this is only Wedge's second season over .500 in 5 years.

Edited by RockRaines

Well, I think its good to have Ozzie managing, but now is not the time to do this. Looks really bad.

And I agree with whomever said BENCH COACH. He needs someone who can really tutor him on the in-game aspects of offensive management, in particular. Surprisingly, his handling of pitcher has been mostly good. But he has a lot of trouble with the lineup.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
The tribe gave Wedge and extension during a bad year and he has a worse record than ozzie does. Does that mean they continue to make horrible personnel decisions as well? In fact this is only Wedge's second season over .500 in 5 years.

Well you missed the point. Not to mention comparing the Indians at that time to the Sox now is apples and oranges.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
The Indians finished 6 games under .500 that year, this year's Sox team is on pace to win 68 games.

And your point?

He also never won a WS, never won back to back 90 game seasons, and had at that point only been over .500 ONCE.

Ozzie is a winner and this years lack of success falls solely on the crap KW put together and the horrific years that several of our stars are having. There is no better option out there for a manager. This is a good move.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
And your point?

He also never won a WS, never won back to back 90 game seasons, and had at that point only been over .500 ONCE.

Ozzie is a winner and this years lack of success falls solely on the crap KW put together and the horrific years that several of our stars are having. There is no better option out there for a manager. This is a good move.

You don't give a manager a contract extension during a season in which they're possibly the worst team in the league. You decided to compare the '06 Indians to the '07 Sox, this has nothing to do with '05.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 4, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
You don't give a manager a contract extension during a season in which they're possibly the worst team in the league. You decided to compare the '06 Indians to the '07 Sox, this has nothing to do with '05.

Ah yes. gauge them completely on the one outlier year they have had during their tenure. Seems like a smart move to me.