Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm

Vance Law

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't believe KW's comments about not wanting to promote AAA players due to their poor record this year. Meanwhile, we're looking to give Ozzie an extension and giving Erstad, etc. as much playing time as possible. It's astonishing how immature and foolish KW looks right now.

It's astonishing how immature and foolish KW looks right now.

Oh come on, that is ridiculous.

Practically everyone in AAA was mediocre this year, up to and including the guys who were up here and got sent down, like Sisco, Masset, Aardsma. Injuries have a good chunk of the AAA team up here anyways.

Those guys didn't perform, you expect them to be rewarded with a promotion? In my book you have to do good in the minors before you're promoted. They didn't do well, they weren't promoted.

The only reason Phillips and Broadway are here is because Guillen has not seen them in big league games and wants to look at them. They both had mediocre years too.

Please stop with the "immature and foolish" labeling. What they did regarding promotions was done for a good reason.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
Oh come on, that is ridiculous.

Practically everyone in AAA was mediocre this year, up to and including the guys who were up here and got sent down, like Sisco, Masset, Aardsma. Injuries have a good chunk of the AAA team up here anyways.

Those guys didn't perform, you expect them to be rewarded with a promotion? In my book you have to do good in the minors before you're promoted. They didn't do well, they weren't promoted.

The only reason Phillips and Broadway are here is because Guillen has not seen them in big league games and wants to look at them. They both had mediocre years too.

Please stop with the "immature and foolish" labeling. What they did regarding promotions was done for a good reason.

Yes, you promote a guy and hope they do well for the last month in an effort to boost their trade value. Look at how much Aardsma's stock climbed last September by doing well for the Cubs? Same can be said for Sisco...you get him up here again, and hope he impresses enough out of the pen to boost his trade value. I will continue to call KW foolish, because I think he's become too arrogant for his own good and the good of the organization. Meanwhile, we'll continue to give at-bats to guys with no future in the organization like Cintron and Pods.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
I'd take him over Erstad.

There, I said it.

Me too....as the biggest OMIT hater out there, his at-bats have been rather impressive. He's hit more pitches hard this week than Erstad has since he returned from injury.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 04:59 PM)
Me too....as the biggest OMIT hater out there, his at-bats have been rather impressive. He's hit more pitches hard this week than Erstad has since he returned from injury. got here from Anahiem.

Fixed that for you. :D

Yes, you promote a guy and hope they do well for the last month in an effort to boost their trade value. Look at how much Aardsma's stock climbed last September by doing well for the Cubs? Same can be said for Sisco...you get him up here again, and hope he impresses enough out of the pen to boost his trade value. I will continue to call KW foolish, because I think he's become too arrogant for his own good and the good of the organization. Meanwhile, we'll continue to give at-bats to guys with no future in the organization like Cintron and Pods.

Yeah well great, call Williams foolish. Now what about the "immature" label. Sometimes you have your hate Guillen hate Williams blinders on so tight it is amazing.

Do you know what plans they have for Sisco and Masset and Aardsma this offseason? No, you don't. You don't know if they're going to have them work with instructors, go to winter ball, rest up because of nagging injuries, and so on. Further, what about the flip side? What if they come up here in their new roles (starting for Sisco and Masset) and do poorly? What happens to their trade value then? Who is to say those three players don't need a physical break? You see, there are a lot of potential variables at play you're not aware of ... yet you deem a person "foolish and immature" when you don't know the whole story. That speaks volumes.

Further, they are having hard enough time to find starts for Floyd apparantly. Now you want to add Sisco and Masset to the mix?

The only thing we do know is all three of Masset, Sisco, and Aardsma were far from dominating in Charlotte. One could go so far as to say they were mediocre. I like it when the brass says "you don't deserve a promotion, you have been mediocre".

What about Cintron, he is a major leaguer, shouldn't he get at bats to hike his trade value? Or is it you like certain players but not others and the ones you like deserve chances but not others. Or is it whatever Williams and Guillen do, you will say they should have done something else and then label Williams foolish and immature?

Please, stop.

I am also trying to figure out what other OF's should be playing. I realize there is a hate Podsednik thing going on here and believe me I want him gone too and he will not be back, that ship has sailed. Who? Anderson is hurt, Sweeney is nursing injuries, Fields has been grinding and probably needs a day off. Terrero? Who else?

Bottom line, there are reasons why stuff is done and you might want to face up to it that you don't know the whole story behind some of these decisions, and I include myself in that too. But at least I will try to analyze why they have done something and consider all the possibilities vs. blurting out with regularity that Williams is "foolish" and "immature".

Sorry I suppose for coming on strong like this but I have seen you do this countless times, and more often than not you're all wet. Nothing personal, just a huge disconnect with some of the over the top stuff you post.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
Yeah well great, call Williams foolish. Now what about the "immature" label. Sometimes you have your hate Guillen hate Williams blinders on so tight it is amazing.

Do you know what plans they have for Sisco and Masset and Aardsma this offseason? No, you don't. You don't know if they're going to have them work with instructors, go to winter ball, rest up because of nagging injuries, and so on. Further, what about the flip side? What if they come up here in their new roles (starting for Sisco and Masset) and do poorly? What happens to their trade value then? Who is to say those three players don't need a physical break? You see, there are a lot of potential variables at play you're not aware of ... yet you deem a person "foolish and immature" when you don't know the whole story. That speaks volumes.

Further, they are having hard enough time to find starts for Floyd apparantly. Now you want to add Sisco and Masset to the mix?

The only thing we do know is all three of Masset, Sisco, and Aardsma were far from dominating in Charlotte. One could go so far as to say they were mediocre. I like it when the brass says "you don't deserve a promotion, you have been mediocre".

What about Cintron, he is a major leaguer, shouldn't he get at bats to hike his trade value? Or is it you like certain players but not others and the ones you like deserve chances but not others. Or is it whatever Williams and Guillen do, you will say they should have done something else and then label Williams foolish and immature?

I am also trying to figure out what other OF's should be playing. I realize there is a hate Podsednik thing going on here and believe me I want him gone too and he will not be back, that ship has sailed. Who? Anderson is hurt, Sweeney is nursing injuries, Fields has been grinding and probably needs a day off. Terrero? Who else?

I was one of KW's biggest fans on this site...I gave him all the credit in the world for his roster moves prior to 2005. However, I had a huge problem with his arrogant attitude last offseason, and it's seemingly carried over into this year as well. I know I'm not the only one who's said this about KW, and it's been from some people who don't like to whine and b**** about everything. There have been various reports in the media about how the Sox are likely to trade Sisco this offseason. If that's the case, then his stock is pretty brutal right now. Why not get him up here and see if he can put together a few good weeks? I don't care about Cintron's value, as I believe he doesn't have a contract for next year. I definitely think Terrero should be getting some playing time, along with Bourgesoie (sp?) in order to see if there's any chance they can contribute for next season's roster. I've talked with people that have seen Aardsma pitch a lot more recently than anyone on this board, and they thought he looked as crisp as he did earlier in the year. Why not get him back up to the big league squad instead of punishing him? We should be looking at backing off the work load for Buehrle, Contreras, Garland, and Danks, and getting the young kids into the game more. And if KW really wanted to give guys like Masset, Sisco, and Aardsma a break, then why not say that instead of being so critical of them?

And let me add that I'm pissed that KW is going to give Ozzie full authority to handle the coaching staff moves this offseason. It seems like we'll see the fantastic foursome return again for next year.

Edited by fathom

Gameday has an injury delay at the start of the cub any idea what that is about.

Jason Marquis is not a good pitcher yet teams can not hit him consistently and he has a perfect game going.

Anywho, the offense for the White Sox is pathetic, like that's news but I agree that any arms that may be on this team next season and are on the 40 man should be up here now. Guys like Masset and Sisco know they sucked and the promotion has nothing to do with them be awarded anything. This sounds a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Garland, Buerhle, and Vazquez should be shut down. Konerko, Thome and AJ should play every other day or against teams still in it. Jenks should also be shut down although he needs some stat padding. They need to find out who can do what because the judgement calls they make as an organization are not that good.

I was one of KW's biggest fans on this site...I gave him all the credit in the world for his roster moves prior to 2005. However, I had a huge problem with his arrogant attitude last offseason, and it's seemingly carried over into this year as well. I know I'm not the only one who's said this about KW, and it's been from some people who don't like to whine and b**** about everything. There have been various reports in the media about how the Sox are likely to trade Sisco this offseason. If that's the case, then his stock is pretty brutal right now. Why not get him up here and see if he can put together a few good weeks? I don't care about Cintron's value, as I believe he doesn't have a contract for next year. I definitely think Terrero should be getting some playing time, along with Bourgesoie (sp?) in order to see if there's any chance they can contribute for next season's roster. I've talked with people that have seen Aardsma pitch a lot more recently than anyone on this board, and they thought he looked as crisp as he did earlier in the year. Why not get him back up to the big league squad instead of punishing him? We should be looking at backing off the work load for Buehrle, Contreras, Garland, and Danks, and getting the young kids into the game more.

And let me add that I'm pissed that KW is going to give Ozzie full authority to handle the coaching staff moves this offseason. It seems like we'll see the fantastic foursome return again for next year.

This so-called arrogant attitude is a perception that's been perpetuated by message boards. You can go ahead and think he has an arrogant attitude, it's your right. However I have met him and interacted with him about a dozen times as I have posted on this board. It is my belief, which I have explained in detail but it had no impact on you (again, which is fine) that he seeks tons of input from others, he is quick to credit others, he is highly competitive, he is passionate, he admits mistakes and works his ass off to try and fix them, and lastly he is aggressive. So if all that adds up to arrogant in your book, and it appears it does, well that's fine. I still fail to see where the immature part comes in but whatever.

Aardsma is not being punished, a decision was made based on his body of work. You disagree with it, that's fine. He was given a huge opportunity in an important role and he did not do well. They finally had to send him down to AAA and he has been uneven there too, which was his problem here. They said they knew what he could do and they want to see other people, I see nothing wrong with that.

They ARE backing off workloads of Buehrle, Danks. It has been all over the papers. Contreras already got a break and they need him back on track. Garland who knows what their plan for him is. Possibly they are letting him hopefully finish strong so they can trade him. No one knows. If they shelve him for September what does that do to his trade value.

I have not seen one thing about the Sox planning to trade Sisco and I follow the media closely. Maybe some sportswriters speculation (opinion?) ? That does not equate to they are likely to trade him. I guess we will have to see if they do or don't.

Cintron I believe is arb. eligible or signed for 2008. Terrero is what he is, they gave him a golden opportunity too and he didn't do well, he has exhibited the same old problems.

Bourgeois had a great year and would have been nice to see but there are roster moves at play and they will possibly add him after the year when they shuffle the 40 man as they do every year.

On the coaching thing. Williams gave Guillen that authority, he said today if he knew someone wasn't doing his job or putting in the hours he would tell Guillen. The results have been bad all across the board but I do not think changing a coach or two will make the difference between this mess and winning a division or more. I suspect there will be some change but that is the least of their problems.

Guys like Masset and Sisco know they sucked and the promotion has nothing to do with them be awarded anything.

You can bet your bottom dollar it is an award/reward. There is a huge difference in what they're paid for one.

What do you think happens to your clubhouse when you shut down pitchers like Buehrle, Vazquez, etc. for September and move them out of the way for Nick Masset and Andy Sisco?

Again, there are big time residual implications and affects that we as casual observers don't even think of. I bring up these points because I used to ask these same questions 15-20 years ago and found out the answers or should I say the rationale.

Look at that, Ehren Wasserman. A young player they just gave an opportunity to, seeing what he could do vs. Sheffield and Ordonez. K's them both, I like it.

DJ just said "Ehren Wasserman showing why he deserves to be a big leaguer and it shows how the Sox feel about him".