Sox vs. Tigers- 12:05pm

Vance Law

I think I can safely say it now, after watching him pitch these couple months.

Wassermann = good

Well I will add another spin to this, he is a guy who has made the most of his opportunity and they are showing more faith in him and giving him tougher tests to see how he does. Basically, developing a young player.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
And Logan to finish it.

For when the 2008 Bullpen is formed up, I think we can pencil in three names: Jenks (closer), Wassermann (ROOGY), Logan (LOOGY). Its the other three slots that concern me.

I still think Thornton and MacDougal should be on the team. MacDougal tried to hard to strike out hitters this year instead of making people put the ball in play (which he was great at last year when we got him). One of the reasons that I like Wasserman so much is that he gets a lot of grounders, which is crucial out of the bullpen. Besides for MacDougal coming into this season, we had a bunch of pitchers who were fly ball pitchers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
I still think Thornton and MacDougal should be on the team. MacDougal tried to hard to strike out hitters this year instead of making people put the ball in play (which he was great at last year when we got him). One of the reasons that I like Wasserman so much is that he gets a lot of grounders, which is crucial out of the bullpen. Besides for MacDougal coming into this season, we had a bunch of pitchers who were fly ball pitchers.

I think that the fact that both of them are already signed will make it difficult for them to not be in the pen next year. You pretty much just have to hope that they'll be able to be better than this year, or stay healthy, etc.

That last spot, if we go with 11 pitchers, seems up for grabs. If a starter is not traded, I'll lay 80-20 odds that somehow it goes to Gavin Floyd or we carry 12 pitchers, because I really doubt anyone's going to give KW enough to trade him and I really doubt we'll let him walk due to lack of options.

fathom, I agree on your analysis of MacDougal. I have a hunch he will be moved though and that they have lost their patience with him for several reasons. He is an intriguing guy that other teams seem to like and I think that angle will win out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)

I agree on Thornton - I am not even sure why, but he still looks like a guy who can be very good. But MacD I am not so sure on. I am not sure he has the control or the mental strength to do well, consistently. But you are right, when he just throws strikes, he can be very good.

I think Wasserman will serve a purpose for next year as the motion and control get you. Remember Bradford in October of 2000. He looked like Wasserman then and Jerry put way to much faith in him at the wrong time...oh memory lane. Let Wasserman pitch until the league figures him out.

We should have swept this series.

Oh Timo.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
Why exactly. He is a young guy, who has played some pretty good D, works a count, and has been getting better at the plate. He made an error, it happens.

Guy has had many chances to move runners along get rbi's and has failed most of the time.