WOOT! THREE WAY TIE FOR LAST PLACE IN MLB!

kapkomet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:08 PM)
I dont think ive ever even typed the word signability. Nobody has ever taken a 20-something pick 1st just to be safe. It just doesnt happen.

Just because it hasn't doesn't mean it can't.

By the way, I don't think we'll go that bad...but I've said all along I'd laugh pretty good.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
Ok, well then we can just chalk it up to you not being familiar with the amateur baseball draft.

That is fine. I always admit that I don't follow college baseball and amateur players. We all can't be as informed as you are.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)
KW obviously. NOBODY that has the number 1 pick does what you just said. The only reason you said it was because you wanted to say something negative about the management of this team.

I can completely and totally understand some of the 'haziness' regarding the first round pick and whether the Sox will take the best player available REGARDLESS of who is agent is or what he's asking for, and really you don't have to look any further than this season with the Porcello/Poreda situation. Porcello was pretty much the consensus best high school pitcher available, a top five/ten talent.

I also understand that having the first overall pick and the 25th overall pick are different situations, but again -- this organization has done nothing to confirm that they're willing to take the best overall player. Frankly, if they did something like take Jordan Danks 3rd overall, the organization should be embarrassed. I'd probably show my frustration -- if that happened -- by not showing up to another game the rest of the year. Not that my $50 is going to make any difference, but that's how disgusted I would personally feel.

What we should be doing, is basically called "tanking". And really the more we lose, the more likely that KW is forced to make changes, and not only does that include the players obviously, but the coaching staff as well.

Are you serious? For a No. 1 draft pick who like some astute poster said we'll likely be too cheap to sign?

I know a lot of you played baseball in high school and college.

Have you ever considered tanking a game in your life?

I wanted to win every single game when I took the field.

I want the sox to win every night.

I don't understand this obsession with the draft.

Why aren't you talking about trades and free agent signings?

Who gives a s*** about the baseball draft???

I am embarrassed that the Sox, who won it all 2 years ago now are the laughingstocks of baseball.

I want to win EVERY GAME we play against the Royals.

I can't believe my fellow sox fans want them to lose every game.

Amazing.

W L LB

Florida 61 83 -- #1

Chicago Sox 61 83 --

Tampa Bay 61 83 --

Kansas City 62 81 2 #4

Baltimore 61 81 2

Houston 62 81 2

Pittsburgh 64 80 3 #7

San Francisco 65 79 4 #8

Cincinnati 64 79 4

Washington 65 79 4

BEST.RACE.IN.THE.GAME

FLA: 2vsWAS, 3@COL, 3@ATL, 4vsNYM, 3vsCHC, 3@NYM

CHW: 2vsCLE, 3vsLAA, 4@KCR, 3@MIN, 3vsKCR, 3vsMIN

TBD: 2@BOS, 4@SEA, 3@LAA, 3vsBOS, 3vsNYY, 3@TOR

I have been saying that I won't root for the Sox to lose for a higher draft pick, but the possibility of possibly getting a stud like Alvarez really intrigues me. Personally, if we weren't in contention for the #1 pick I wouldn't root for us to lose, because there is really no difference between the 2nd and 5th pick in my mind. I still want Danks, Richar, etc. to do good, but losses are better right now.

Florida 61 83 -- #1

Chicago Sox 61 83 --

Tampa Bay 61 83 --

Kansas City 62 81 2 #4

Baltimore 61 81 2

Houston 62 81 2

Pittsburgh 64 80 3 #7

San Francisco 65 79 4 #8

Cincinnati 64 79 4

Washington 65 79 4

BEST.RACE.IN.THE.GAME

SADDEST, MOST PATHETIC RACE IN THE GAME

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
:D

Well, this is so sad. But now, it's really to the point that I hope they play well yet end up with that magical #1 pick.

61-83. :angry:

I know. It's so sad isn't it? You can only hope we have some fire for next year. We see bad thirdbase defense and very poor relief pitching. We have a SS that can field really well, but swings at everything. He does have power when he does connect though. Rookies all over the roster. Anyway let's hope experience is gained and we get a bullpen in place for next year and also get Crede back at 3B.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 07:45 PM)
i was thinking the same thing
Alex Rodriguez, Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey Jr. and Harold Baines are on that list. So are Steve Chilcott, Ron Blomberg, Danny Goodwin (twice), David Clyde, Shawn Abner, Brien Taylor, Paul Wilson, Kris Benson, Matt Anderson, and Brian Bullington just to name a few. Statistically, there's at least as good a chance of getting a washout as there is a Griffey or a Rodriguez. Additionally, even if there is a can't miss prospect available at No 1 this year, you still need to have a smart organization that is able to find the Mark Buehrles and Mike Piazzas that are available in the later rounds. I don't see the point of gleefully hoping the Sox have the worst record this year just so they can get the first pick in the draft. It won't matter much if they don't draft and develop players better than they have in recent history.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Alex Rodriguez, Chipper Jones, Ken Griffey Jr. and Harold Baines are on that list. So are Steve Chilcott, Ron Blomberg, Danny Goodwin (twice), David Clyde, Shawn Abner, Brien Taylor, Paul Wilson, Kris Benson, Matt Anderson, and Brian Bullington just to name a few. Statistically, there's at least as good a chance of getting a washout as there is a Griffey or a Rodriguez. Additionally, even if there is a can't miss prospect available at No 1 this year, you still need to have a smart organization that is able to find the Mark Buehrles and Mike Piazzas that are available in the later rounds. I don't see the point of gleefully hoping the Sox have the worst record this year just so they can get the first pick in the draft. It won't matter much if they don't draft and develop players better than they have in recent history.

I imagine Vance is tired of posting this.

1.) Pedro Alvarez, 3B (1B, RF?)

2.) Justin Smoak, 1B

3.) Brian Matusz, LHP

4.) Harold Martinez, SS

5.) Isaac Galloway, OF

6.) Brandon Crawford, SS

You guys want to lose every night to get a shot at those names?

I'll be breathless counting the days til the draft.

Give me free agents and Japanese players any day over no names in the draft that likely will not pan out judging the Sox history of draft picks.

Edited by greg775