A Little Help PLease, Probably from the college crowd

Texsox

I just had a long conversation with the parents of a young man I know. They found a few things in his room and are wondering what they mean. First off, they found rolling papers and tobacco, He claims he is smoking custom cigarettes. Is that reasonable? Second off, and more strange. Round, pencil shaped, metal rods. A bunch of them. I can't think of any reason. For reasons I can't get into, their son is not available to explain what they are, but may help this kid.

Any ideas soxtalkers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say the rolling papers story could be legit. Especially considering there was tobacco with them. However he could be mixing the tobacco with pot. As far as the metal rods, Im not sure quite what you mean. When you say pencil shaped, do you mean just cylindrical or completely pencil shaped with a tip and everything. Ive seen just about everything but nothing comes to mind thinking of that.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 22, 2007 -> 03:22 AM)
He claims he is smoking custom cigarettes. Is that reasonable?

Not to be a narc, but I don't buy that -- I don't think I've ever seen a college kid talk about rolling tobacco.

Sigh... Not to turn this into something bigger, but why again is smoking marijuana so looked down upon?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
Not to be a narc, but I don't buy that -- I don't think I've ever seen a college kid talk about rolling tobacco.

Sigh... Not to turn this into something bigger, but why again is smoking marijuana so looked down upon?

When I was at college there were a few people I knew of that rolled their own cigarettes. There were actually quite a few kids in my high school that did too. Which wasnt too long ago.

I know people who roll their own cigarettes, it can be cheaper I believe. Still, in most cases I'm sure that's not the case.

Cause it's illegal, that's the only reason.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
I just had a long conversation with the parents of a young man I know. They found a few things in his room and are wondering what they mean. First off, they found rolling papers and tobacco, He claims he is smoking custom cigarettes. Is that reasonable? Second off, and more strange. Round, pencil shaped, metal rods. A bunch of them. I can't think of any reason. For reasons I can't get into, their son is not available to explain what they are, but may help this kid.

Any ideas soxtalkers

Are the metal rods hollow? If so, they could be hitters which are pretty much used for smoking the MJ.

I asked if the rods were hollow and she said they were solid, which seemed weird to me. If I understand her description they are about 4-5 inches long, blunt on both ends, and solid. I confirmed he's smoking pot, which really didn't upset the mom, but there are some other circumstances which would make things nasty if he ever got caught. Sometimes it isn't what you do, but who you are.

The metal rods point to getting high. I used to roll my cigarettes back in the day, but I didn't need any metal rods for that. The metal rods are probably one-hitters.

If they're not hollow, he may just use them to "perfect" his rolling technique. I used to use a pen to get a more perfect shape for my cigarettes.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Sep 22, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
The metal rods point to getting high. I used to roll my cigarettes back in the day, but I didn't need any metal rods for that. The metal rods are probably one-hitters.

If they're not hollow, he may just use them to "perfect" his rolling technique. I used to use a pen to get a more perfect shape for my cigarettes.

Wait a second, Bob Dylan smokes pot?

No way. ;)

Probably about half the people I know here, in college, that smoke cigarettes, roll their own. It's apparently cheaper, and better tasting or some s***.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 22, 2007 -> 08:45 AM)
I asked if the rods were hollow and she said they were solid, which seemed weird to me. If I understand her description they are about 4-5 inches long, blunt on both ends, and solid. I confirmed he's smoking pot, which really didn't upset the mom, but there are some other circumstances which would make things nasty if he ever got caught. Sometimes it isn't what you do, but who you are.

Ah, the influential people attempting to keep discrete by sending the messenger onto...a message board? Talk about discretion! '_

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:34 AM)
Ah, the influential people attempting to keep discrete by sending the messenger onto...a message board? Talk about discretion! '_

It seemed the best place to look. Searching other sites just wasn't working.

If the metal rods are about the diameter of a rolled cig, he could also be using them to tamp the tobacco in the ends once rolled. Even though my college days are long gone, I knew several people who also rolled their own. However, they also did pot, too. Good luck.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
The rods are probably one-hitters. The papers are prob for smoking weed, most people who roll their own cigs have a machine and do it in high volume.

Just be glad hes not doing anything else, as weed is more harmless than alcohol.

The problem is an arrest for weed would take away a very nice college scholarship to a very nice Top 10 American University. So while I would not debate the relative harm between mj and other mood altering substances, in this case the harm would more severe.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
The rods are probably one-hitters. The papers are prob for smoking weed, most people who roll their own cigs have a machine and do it in high volume.

Just be glad hes not doing anything else, as weed is more harmless than alcohol.

so weed is the "taser" of mood altering substances :lol: