Draft position...

BearSox

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
ah...

So, how's that SS from UCLA, Crawford that is. He should be there around 8, but I still have hope for Smoak.

Only thing I found on him:

Played in all 61 games, starting 59 games at shortstop and two games as the designated hitter...earned All-Pac-10 honors for the first time in his career; was named an All-Pac-10 honorable mention in 2006...earned 2007 UCLA team most valuable player honors for the second consecutive season...one of UCLA's most clutch hitters, tallied two 10-game hit streaks (Feb. 2-18 and April 28-May 13)...tied for the team lead with 24 multi-hit games, including six three-hit efforts and the second four-hit game of his career...hit safely in 46 of 56 games...keyed two Bruin comebacks - trailing 7-5 in the bottom of the eighth, belted a two-out grand slam to send UCLA to a 9-7 victory and series sweep of East Carolina (Feb. 18); finished that game 2-for-5 with three runs and career-high five RBI...led UCLA to victory at USC (April 14); trailing 6-4 with two outs and runners at second and third, lined an 0-and-2 count single into left field, tying the contest, 6-6; scored from second base on an infield single one at-bat later to give UCLA the lead for good...hit 3-for-4 with two runs in a 3-2 victory against UC Riverside (Feb. 13)...earned Pac-10 Player of the Week accolades Feb. 20 after finishing the previous week 8-for-15 (.533) with one home run, six runs and eight RBI...hit 6-for-14 (.429) in three games against Cal State Fullerton, totaling three RBI and two runs...finished the series against Pacific 6-for-13 (.462) with five RBI and four runs scored (March 25-27)...reached base in 10 of 15 plate appearances against Washington, hitting 5-for-9 (.556) with three walks and two hit-by-pitches (April 5-7)...hit 5-for-11 (.455) with four RBI, four runs and three walks in UCLA's three-game sweep at USC (April 13-15)...posted a 3-for-4 effort with a two-RBI double, one run and one walk in the Bruins' 4-1 win at Pepperdine (May 8)...finished the week at Arizona State hitting 8-for-16 with six RBI at Packard Stadium; delivered a 3-for-5 performance tying his career high in RBI with five in the series finale (May 13)...finished 5-for-12 against defending national champion Oregon State (May 25-27); hit 3-for-4 with two runs, three RBI one home run and two walks in the Friday night opener.

http://uclabruins.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl..._brandon00.html

I wouldn't mind Jemile Weeks.

Younger brother of the Brewers' top prospect, Rickie. Like Rickie at a similar age, Jemile is still growing as a high school senior. He has a very good work ethic, but at this point in time seems rather diminutive. He shows good bat speed, and interesting gap power from both sides of the plate. He has very good speed on the basepaths and in the field. His size causes many to believe his future lies at 2B, but if he continues to grow he could stick at SS if his defensive tools improve. He has committed to play for the Miami Hurricanes, as this Weeks definitely won't be overlooked.

http://www.brewerfan.net/ViewAmateurPlayer...3&draftId=3

2B: Jemile Weeks

Miami, Fla.

Was one of the most talented players in the country as a freshman, hitting .352 with six homers and 40 RBI. Weeks slugged .555 and swiped 13 bases.

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=558618

Here's also a quote from a great article about him:

At the same time, Jemile was building his own impressive resume in Florida. A natural middle infielder (Rickie played the outfield before he converted to second base), he displayed some nice glovework and hit .370 for Lake Brantley High School in 2003.

He didn't try to emulate his brother's power numbers at Southern, but instead wanted to construct his own identity. Rickie bats strictly from the right side, but Jemile thought his game would improve if he could switch-hit.

"If there is something that I think is nice, then I try to repeat it," Jemile said after Miami's 3-2 loss to Rice at Rosenblatt on Monday. "Other than that, the things he does I try to put into my own style. I try to do my own thing."

Jemile's style also relies on lightning-quick hands to hit line drives to all fields, play defense and lay down a bunt.

"They are different players," said Cador, who remains close to the Weeks family. "Rickie has more power and a strong arm. Jemile is a switch-hitter, sprays the ball more, bunts and is more advanced defensively. Their strengths are in different areas."

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...b&fext=.jsp