2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

That huge trail of blood from the corner to the bench was kind of creepy.

All signs are good for Zednik's recovery. Best of luck to him, especially when it comes time to get back on the ice.

Clint Malarchuk has mentioned that the mental part of returning was tough for him after his similar injury.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it really odd that a team that literally is unable to score is going after defensemen.

The defense looks solid while the forwards go long periods of time druing a game while generating no offense. On the Perrault wide open net he still should have been able to do something. I know the pass was deflected. The shootout was frusatrating as hell.

Toews is a god by the way.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)
I find it really odd that a team that literally is unable to score is going after defensemen.

The defense looks solid while the forwards go long periods of time druing a game while generating no offense. On the Perrault wide open net he still should have been able to do something. I know the pass was deflected. The shootout was frusatrating as hell.

Toews is a god by the way.

I'll give Perrault a pass on that open net play. The puck was deflected to his feet and he just didn't have the time and room to get control of it in time. If he wasn't in so tight on the net he could have maybe kicked the puck to his stick and gotten some kind of shot off, but there just wasn't enough space.

It seems like Tallon's waiting for Forsberg to make up his mind before he goes after any offensive players.

That shootout was terrible - nobody made Luongo move at all.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
I have to say, I have been pretty impressed with Jordan Hendry. The kid is strong and plays strong with and without the puck.

I honestly was saying the exact opposite last night, he gave the puck away numerous times.

Peter Forsberg isn't coming to Chicago, and Bolland will play tomorrow night. Glad Bolland is back -- I like him and Skille the best out of the non-Toews/Kane young forwards.

And with Hendry... he's been a fine fill-in defenseman, a lot more cometent than Zyuzin and Richmond, that's for certain. He's a nice depth guy to have -- probably shouldn't be in your top six but doesn't look terribly stretched as a #6. Nothing more than that, though...

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 10, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
Zednik cut in the neck by a skate, this was almost deadly.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkdH5ECc9_A

I dont watch much hockey but Iam surprised this doesnt happen more often.Did the player that cut him make a no-no kinda move that most players wouldnt do that usually prevents this kind of thing?

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)
I dont watch much hockey but Iam surprised this doesnt happen more often.Did the player that cut him make a no-no kinda move that most players wouldnt do that usually prevents this kind of thing?

No, it was just a fluke where he was flipped off balance and his skates shot in the air. He had no control over it.

You want to see something truly disturbing check out a highlight of Clint Malarchuk.

My Wings are suffering.

Losers of 3 straight and Osgood yanked after giving up 3 in the first period in Nashville.

I know the vast majority of you are very happy about this, but I've always been a fan of the Wings (second only to the Hawks), so it's no fun to watch them in a slump like this.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
My Wings are suffering.

Losers of 3 straight and Osgood yanked after giving up 3 in the first period in Nashville.

I know the vast majority of you are very happy about this, but I've always been a fan of the Wings (second only to the Hawks), so it's no fun to watch them in a slump like this.

I appreciate the Wings, but you had to see Osgood slumps coming.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
I appreciate the Wings, but you had to see Osgood slumps coming.

Oh yeah, definitely. He wasn't going to be as good as he had been all year.

I'm just surprised to see him peppered for three in the first period. The Wings usually only give up 3 shots per period (exaggerating, of course, but you get my point) - he must've been absolutely horrible tonight.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
Oh yeah, definitely. He wasn't going to be as good as he had been all year.

I'm just surprised to see him peppered for three in the first period. The Wings usually only give up 3 shots per period (exaggerating, of course, but you get my point) - he must've been absolutely horrible tonight.

My favorite characteristic about Osgood is his absolute lack of the ability to stop extremely long distance shots. He has to be the all time leader giving up 3-line bouncing goals.

There's a post on Stuy's boards saying the Hawks and Wings have agreed to play an outdoor game at Soldier Field. That's not really surprising, I think anyone who's been paying attention knew that was coming -- just a matter of when. Taking this further, it wouldn't surprise me if they get the game as early as next season -- the game would be an insta-sellout and the two other outdoor games have (apparently) gone fantastically well for the league.

Still a ways off, obviously, but that's going to be one helluva unique experience.