2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
That Toews goal last night was sick. Jesus.

Yea, sick in that Nashville's lineup looked like they were skating with corncobs up their ass. It was a good heads up play from Toews, but NO ONE in the NHL should get a look like that 1 on 4. Nashville was pathetic last night. They thought they were king s*** after beating Detroit a couple of nights earlier, and I thought the 'Hawks played well and gave the Predators a good old fashioned, sit the eff down you stuck up assholes kind of a game.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=353604

Crawford sent back down.

He must not have watched the game well enough for Savvy.

EDIT to say that if the idea is for Crawford to play against the Wolves on Saturday then be recalled again to watch Sunday's game, then it's the first time I'm sorry that the Hawks moved their affiliate to Rockford.

Why not keep him sharp. Lalime will play every game while Khabby is out and he should. Crawford gets the work and doesn't miss a beat with the Hawks. It is not like he is being sent dow nto play a meaningless game while missing the Hawks game. Makes sense to me.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
Why not keep him sharp. Lalime will play every game while Khabby is out and he should. Crawford gets the work and doesn't miss a beat with the Hawks. It is not like he is being sent dow nto play a meaningless game while missing the Hawks game. Makes sense to me.

What if he's needed (due to an injury to Lalime, he gets shelled, etc.) during a noon game following a 7PM game and travel from Rockford?

If he needs to stay sharp over a weekend when he's needed as a backup in Chicago, why have him up at all? Practice can't keep him sharp?

Is Rockford's backup that bad?

Prioritize the NHL club over the AHL club - that's my opinion.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
To me, this move tells me the Hawks really aren't concerned with this season anymore. As you said, unless Bulin can be used in an emergency situation, the Hawks are currently only carrying 1 goalie. However, they clearly are more concerned with the development of Crawford more than the current NHL season at hand, which at this point in time I agree with. I still think this season is over(I believe the Hawks would have to play around .700 hockey to get to 94 points) and it's not about seeing what you have in the organization, and defining roles for next year. A goalie always needs to see as much ice as possible to develop, and clearly thats what the Hawks are deciding to do here.

I see all that, and I don't disagree about seeing what you have, but I guess the thing that bothers me is the fact that it's a noon game on Sunday.

Even if it was a Sunday night game I'd prefer they just keep him with the big club (one AHL game means nothing right now to his development IMO), but I'd be less concerned than I am about this nooner coming up.

If Crawford needs to see pucks this badly, then call up the other Rockford goalie to back up Lalime and keep Corey down there to play every game. He's not going to see much action at all with the Hawks - Lalime's going to play every game until Khabibulin gets back.

I know the proximity is the reason they moved the AHL club to Rockford, but in this one instance I think it's a bad idea to shuttle the guy around like this.

Maybe I'm alone in this....wouldn't be the first time, lol.

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 10:41 PM)
if i heard right the Hawks will be wearing the NIU decal on their helmets for the next 3 games (idk if they said home or just the next games) .. but nonetheless a very nice move

Yeah, I heard they're wearing the NIU logo tomorrow, then the game in St. Louis and the home game after that.

Very classy gesture.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 12:36 AM)
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/245944.html

I'm against this, though if his ankles were somehow near 100%, it could be the signing of a legit top line guy.

That being said, this isn't the answer I want, especially the 3 years part...

I guess we can only wait til monday .. 3 years for a total of 11 mil .. that is a bit much .. I do not think he should be asking for 3 years when you cant even play this season cuz of your ankles ... so idk would it be worth 3.5 mil for the next 3 seasons, Lang can leave after this season so are they thinking hey maybe Forsberg can take that role

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)
I wish I could read that story but I gather DT is offering 3 yrs for Forsberg?? DT must be smoking some good stuff to think thats a good idea...

yeah i said that in my post .. but here this should work Forsberg

So that's 3 in a row, and we're 6 points back of 8th place in the West.

If this team stays healthy, the playoffs are a definite possibility.

DT could be back to being a buyer at the deadline.

As for Forsberg, the only justification I can see making that deal, is if you traded Robert Lang at the deadline.

Because if you keep both, we're probably not going to be able to sign either Dan Boyle or Brian Campbell in the off-season, and I don't want that scenario to occur.