2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, some great passes tonight first by Ruutu on the Toews goal and Lang on Williams' first.

And wtf am I talking about "rocket wrister on [Toews'] goal". He scored that one on the doorstep, I don't know what I was getting at there. He does have a rocket wrister, though.

One more thing... from what I saw the refs were a whole lot of ass tonight. That tripping call on Seabrook was a f***ing joke.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Hawks win.

Tonight was f***ing beautiful.

Kane is scoring at a faster pace than Sid the Kid, and Melrose (I know, take it for what it's worth) said that Kane is as good as Crosby if not better, and that he's going to score "110-120 points a year" for a long time.

MANNNNNN, Kane is the shiiiiiit (and I was all about Kaner before we even drafted him)... Toews is great, Kane is God... and Blackhawks hockey is back!

Hallelujah, holy s***, where's the Tylenol?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 05:33 AM)
Hallelujah, holy s***, where's the Tylenolvodka?

Fixed. This team coughs up leads as quickly as they come back from two-three goal deficits. I think we all said at the beginning of the season, win or lose, that this team would be exciting. That has certainly held true.

Melrose (I know its Barry Melrose) stated last night that Patrick Kane just might wind up being the best American born player ever (then offered Mike Modano as the guy who currently holds the title). He then said that there was so much hype about Crosby that this was expected, but that Kane is easily going to be as good as Crosby if not better.

Talk about a ringing endorsement.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
Melrose (I know its Barry Melrose) stated last night that Patrick Kane just might wind up being the best American born player ever (then offered Mike Modano as the guy who currently holds the title). He then said that there was so much hype about Crosby that this was expected, but that Kane is easily going to be as good as Crosby if not better.

Talk about a ringing endorsement.

The Mullet Speaks, Thus is Law. :lol:

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
Hawks win.

Tonight was f***ing beautiful.

Kane is scoring at a faster pace than Sid the Kid, and Melrose (I know, take it for what it's worth) said that Kane is as good as Crosby if not better, and that he's going to score "110-120 points a year" for a long time.

MANNNNNN, Kane is the shiiiiiit (and I was all about Kaner before we even drafted him)... Toews is great, Kane is God... and Blackhawks hockey is back!

Hallelujah, holy s***, where's the Tylenol?

I'll be honest... when we drafted Kane I was feeling sorry for myself, because he wasnt Crosby, or Ovechkin... he was short.... weighed nothing.....but I was absolutely wrong.

Patrick Kane has what all the best players in the game have - vision. Kane can make plays at 18 that few players in the league can, because he is strong on the puck and finds passing lanes that wouldnt exist for other players.

hes good.... almost tooo good

I'm interested in everyone thoughts, and this is a question that I expect may generate some discussion:

You have a gun pointed to your head and you're forced to keep just one of Toews and Kane. After sobbing mercilessly for 24 hours, you choose...? I'm going to have to think about it myself for a bit before I answer.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
I'm interested in everyone thoughts, and this is a question that I expect may generate some discussion:

You have a gun pointed to your head and you're forced to keep just one of Toews and Kane. After sobbing mercilessly for 24 hours, you choose...? I'm going to have to think about it myself for a bit before I answer.

Wait. We are talking about the Blackhawks here. The same team that has been an embarrasment to the city for a decade. I'd flip a coin and walk away.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Little Shameless Self-Promotion

We have game day threads for the Hawks over at TalkBhawks.com.... lets make TalkBhawks the premiere source for hawk fans looking for good discussion on this exciting young team.

^^^

The frame is up, and the site is upgraded so that all of the hack attacks that happened before are a thing of the past.

Re-register, and email the link to your friends! The Hawks are exciting again, and this should be the place to restore the roar.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Wait. We are talking about the Blackhawks here. The same team that has been an embarrasment to the city for a decade. I'd flip a coin and walk away.

Thanks for the amazing input. I love the people that tune into a thread just to add absolutely nothing to it. Well done.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)
Thanks for the amazing input. I love the people that tune into a thread just to add absolutely nothing to it. Well done.

Considering that the Hawks have sold out the once upon a time 'remember the roar' type of fan, I think I added a very legitimate point of view to the thread. I remember when you couldn't get tickets to see the Hawks. This team has SUCKED for a decade. Maybe Kane and Toews are next coming of Hull and Mikita. I hope so. However, the late great Dollar Bill screwed over many a Hawks fan for many years. Maybe things are changing now, we'll see. I can't seem to see through the rose colored glasses because they have been stomped on and ground into the dirt for so long.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Considering that the Hawks have sold out the once upon a time 'remember the roar' type of fan, I think I added a very legitimate point of view to the thread. I remember when you couldn't get tickets to see the Hawks. This team has SUCKED for a decade. Maybe Kane and Toews are next coming of Hull and Mikita. I hope so. However, the late great Dollar Bill screwed over many a Hawks fan for many years. Maybe things are changing now, we'll see. I can't seem to see through the rose colored glasses because they have been stomped on and ground into the dirt for so long.

That's fine, but we've all heard this 3,000 times. And it's not a legitimate point anymore because of what has happened the past few months. Though I'm not as old as you, I like to think I grew up with this team in the Stadium through the real late 80's and early 90's. I'll put it frankly. Wirtz is dead. A lot of things have been running right lately. There's a lot of LEGIT reason for hope. Don't hop on the bandwagon now, that's fine. But don't come looking to jump on a few years from now.

Anyways, Keith never said anything in that post about them being the next Hull and Mikita, or us winning cups. It was just a hypothetical to compare and contrast the two players and get something going.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
I can't seem to see through the rose colored glasses because they have been stomped on and ground into the dirt for so long.

I understand the 'bitterness' (that's not the word I want to use here, but I'm gonna go with it), but as we sit here, this situation is COMPLETELY different from any the Hawks have expierenced in... well, ever really -- I think. When was the last time that the Hawks had two players THIS good, THIS young on their team? I know that 90s group was touted, but it would be very difficult for me to believe that the combined hype of Roenick and Amonte amounted to half as much hype as that surrounding Toews and Kane. And at this point, can we even call it hype? These kids are PPG players already -- 18 and 19 years old and they're completely dominating.

I also think it's completely unfair for you to associate Bill Wirtz with Rocky. If you've paid attention to anything Hawks since the father's death, you'd've noticed that Rocky is initiating change and he's initiating it quickly, from little things like TVs being added into the locker rooms at Rockford to getting home games IN HIGH DEF on TV for Comcast, despite the fact that Comcast (most likely) has had a schedule set for a year. I know the 'average Chicago Joe' thought is to think "the Hawks are f***ing their fans over", but things are clearly changing.

As such, I completely agree with Krush and saw your first post as unneccessary. I really didn't even understand what it meant, either... we're celebrating the greatness of these kids, the greatness that is the Hawks FINALLY turning things around, and in comes the usual cliche (at this point, the "hockey sux!" and "who are the Hawks?" type posts have come cliche and stupid) post.

Edited by CWSGuy406

CWSguy and IlliniKrush ... I totally understand your optimism. There hasn't been a lot to be optimistic about about in the last decade or so. I also understand the fact that Rocky is not Bill and he HAS made an impression on me. Still, after 10 years of crap, I'm not going to say that things are finally turning around for the Hawks. I need to see more than a month of hockey to erase a decade of incompetance. The most hopeful sign to me is that they got Pulford out of the operation. But still, it remains to be seen if things are actually changing for the better or if this is just another mirage.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
CWSguy and IlliniKrush ... I totally understand your optimism. There hasn't been a lot to be optimistic about about in the last decade or so. I also understand the fact that Rocky is not Bill and he HAS made an impression on me. Still, after 10 years of crap, I'm not going to say that things are finally turning around for the Hawks. I need to see more than a month of hockey to erase a decade of incompetance. The most hopeful sign to me is that they got Pulford out of the operation. But still, it remains to be seen if things are actually changing for the better or if this is just another mirage.

I was completely stoked until I heard they could televise more games.... and Rocky has decided against it. I'm not sure what the motivation is there..... PUT AS MANY GAMES ON TV AS YOU CAN this year.

This isn't like introducing the glowing puck and gauging interest.... this is exposing your team to its fans.

6 to 8 games.... ugh

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
^^^

The frame is up, and the site is upgraded so that all of the hack attacks that happened before are a thing of the past.

Re-register, and email the link to your friends! The Hawks are exciting again, and this should be the place to restore the roar.

Also, were in the planning stages of a contest set up for January, where the winner will get a pair of tickets to an upcoming game.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Little heads up, Byfuglien called up for the game tonight, and is in the lineup. Magnus in the pressbox.

This is Bubba's big shot.... he is the defenceman they are looking for.... big physical and sure on the puck.

If he can be all those things, he will log major minutes this season.