2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)
First period goals for Toews, Sharp and Kane. Very nice.

Yep, things are looking good, thank god for Jose Theodore.

Toews and Kane are going to carry this team this season.

Patrick Sharp's having a pretty solid start to the season as well.

The Ruutu - Toews - Kane line was wonderful tonight. Zyuzin was bad, as was Keith. MagJo and Sopel were very steady.

And the Toews goal... drool.

I want to say, "if only they had one more line to take the pressure off of RTK." But they had (have) that line until Havlat went down.

Awesome game tonight. There was a second period lull that I semi-expected, but they finished strong, got the two points and didn't let Colorado steal a point in OT. Kudos, and can't wait for tomorrow night's Hockey Night in Canada -- it's a shame we get the Comcast feed instead of the TSN feed but I'll deal with Kelly.

I know this isn't NHL, but it's related so sue me. :D

Just got home from the Wolves/Ice Hogs game at the Allstate.

I had 10th row behind the visitors' bench - good times!!!

Wolves win 5-4 in OT. Lots of scoring chances, lots of bad blood, evenly matched number of fans for each side.

A couple things that stood out:

Corey Crawford was sharp, despite giving up 5 goals.

Jack Skille did almost nothing tonight. Terrible game.

Cam Barker played fairly well, but took a bad penalty late in a tie game.

I did a lot of good-natured ribbing with Ice Hogs fans (I especially liked referring to them as the Ice Pigs), but everyone was cool and it was a great time!

Bucci is doing the midnight Sportscenter, and Bucci has latched onto the Hawks as 'his team' this year. I don't remember the last time I anticipated a Sportscenter moment, but since I love Bucci and know he's going to pimp the Toews and Kane goals, my eyes will be glued to the television for the next hour.

The Toews goal. Very nice. If somebody steps into him he wouldn't have scored, and I don't know if Theodore forgot that goalies are allowed to move across the ice, but it takes some hands to get that on net.

That was one sick goal.

Insane goal from Toews. Hopefully with that moment, things really pick up for the Hawks in Chicago.

It's been a pretty good start to the season all things being considered. Good to see they got out to a good start early as well.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
I know this isn't NHL, but it's related so sue me. :D

Just got home from the Wolves/Ice Hogs game at the Allstate.

I had 10th row behind the visitors' bench - good times!!!

Wolves win 5-4 in OT. Lots of scoring chances, lots of bad blood, evenly matched number of fans for each side.

A couple things that stood out:

Corey Crawford was sharp, despite giving up 5 goals.

Jack Skille did almost nothing tonight. Terrible game.

Cam Barker played fairly well, but took a bad penalty late in a tie game.

I did a lot of good-natured ribbing with Ice Hogs fans (I especially liked referring to them as the Ice Pigs), but everyone was cool and it was a great time!

Come say hi next time.

And the Toews goal...HOLY f***. This is why I love this f***ing guy. Good f***ing god that was disgusting. Woooooooooooooooooooooow.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 01:12 AM)
Come say hi next time.

And the Toews goal...HOLY f***. This is why I love this f***ing guy. Good f***ing god that was disgusting. Woooooooooooooooooooooow.

Where were you?

Do you have season seats at Allstate?

I'll absolutely be going to a few more Wolves games this year - my daughter LOVES going there.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)

The Toews goal. Very nice. If somebody steps into him he wouldn't have scored, and I don't know if Theodore forgot that goalies are allowed to move across the ice, but it takes some hands to get that on net.

That was one sick goal.

Wow, that's good stuff. Kenny, when I get home for either Thanksgiving or Winter break I actually really want to go to some games. So, good job.

Hockey Night in Canada tonight, wooh! I hope Comcast is able to use the CBC-HD feed that will certainly be used in Canada, although somehow I doubt it. These are the games Comcast should bust out the road HD for, it's a shame that they don't -- O6 matchup in Canada, that place is going to be jumping tonight.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 19, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
WOW.

Got to the UC at around 6:45 tonight, got GREAT seats in 327, row 3.

-I can't say enough of Toews and Kane. Toews goal speaks for itself. He is an INCREDIBLE talent, and hopefully the city of Chicago, along with the NHL, really starts to take notice. Toews-Kane-Ruutu were all over the place tonight, and there is ALWAYS something happening with them on the ice.

-One of my keys has been to get off to a good start. They got the message. I couldn't be more pleased with the 1st ten minutes of the hockey game. The Hawks DOMINATED, and really took control.

-Sharp impressed the hell out of me tonight. #10 was everywhere tonight. Once again, Sharp made you notice him all night.

-Khabby had a fantastic game. The goals let in were certainly not cheap, and he worked his ass off all night. He was great.

-My two dogs for tonight were Keith and Lang. Langer had a good finish to the game, but overall he was bad. Lazy, poor passes, and took at terrible penalty. Keith was TERRIBLE. I have noticed it every time I have watched the Hawks this season, but tonight he really stood out. It's just poor decision making. It's not that he can't keep up speed wise, but he is always one step behind. Just a real bad showing by Keith. We need him to step up.

-Samsonov has been pretty bad as well. I haven't really noticed Sammy, which has been the problem. He seems like a ghost out there at times, and thats not what he is here for.

-Hawks were pretty lifeless in the 3rd. To be dead honest, they got lucky to walk away with a W tonight, as all the momentum was on the AV's side. It would have been a real shame to walk away from that game with a L, with all the positives that came out of the 1st.

Good report on the game, Tony. I was going to go last night, but I had to do some school work. I might end up having an extra for Saturday vs. Atlanta, I'll pm you if I do.

I was listening to the game online, and it sounded pretty good. I expected Colorado to make a comeback, they've got a few high caliber offensive players. The goals by JT and Kane we're awesome to see and hear.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 10:59 AM)
And seconds later Keith ties it.

Great way to start the 3rd.

7-0 in shots in the opening minute and a half. Certainly seems as if they've come out smokin.

What I love, Kane and Toews have 9 shots b/w them. They are putting the puck on net and making stuff happen.

Kane has 2 assists also, I know he was the #1 pick and all, but man o man, he's started off his Hawk career superbly thus far.