2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome win, playing back-to-back nights and not getting to Toronto until early this morning. Puck movement was impressive today, particularly on that Keith goal. I thought Samsonov had his best game as a Hawk -- he's really good when he's got the puck. His vision isn't great and he's got to start scoring, but tonight he was very good.

Another two point night for Kane and he very easily could've added a goal or two.

This is absolutely fantastic. Great, great win.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
Awesome win, playing back-to-back nights and not getting to Toronto until early this morning. Puck movement was impressive today, particularly on that Keith goal. I thought Samsonov had his best game as a Hawk -- he's really good when he's got the puck. His vision isn't great and he's got to start scoring, but tonight he was very good.

Another two point night for Kane and he very easily could've added a goal or two.

This is absolutely fantastic. Great, great win.

I can't really add much to this.

This has been a really pleasant surprise thus far - I thought they couldn't be worse than last year, but their play so far has FAR exceeded anything I would have expected.

Yeah I saw that Sammy had 7 shots on net, so I figured it was probably his best game as a Hawk thus far.

Really seems like things are starting to click from an offensive standpoint, and the lines are starting to develop some chemistry. Williams had a 4 point night, excellent game for him.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 01:41 AM)
For the first time in many years, the team actually looks like its having fun, and enjoying playing hockey with each other.

That's something that makes this all the more enjoyable. Someone even lays a finger on Kane, there's multiple guys behind Kane who will come to Kane's defense. It's great having Koci, but Wizniewski -- despite his size -- is willing to take a pounding just to stick up for his team, get the team some energy, whatever it is (and I'm selling Wiz short here -- he gets his shots in and rarely gets "pounded", as I put it). That one little guy who was giving s*** to Kane (not Antropov) -- when he skated by the Hawks' bench, I don't think Koci took his eyes off of him.

They're a whole bowl of fun to watch.

I've been following the Hawks closely this year and I am really excited about what I see. Kane and Toews are the real deal and I cannot wait to see this team with Havlat at full strength. I haven't gotten this excited about hockey in a long time. This may sound dumb, I hope not, but what happened to Seabrook, Skille, and Cam Barker?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 03:37 AM)
They need to bring Skille back up to ensure the dev of all their young guys. This is obviously going to be a team run by Kane and Toews, so lets bring up all the young talent.

I can only judge by what I saw, but Skille had a pretty bad game against the Wolves on Friday night. If that's how he's played so far, he should not be brought up yet.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 08:37 AM)
They need to bring Skille back up to ensure the dev of all their young guys. This is obviously going to be a team run by Kane and Toews, so lets bring up all the young talent.

Skille wouldn't get enough minutes to justify being up with the big club. His time will come. Ditto guys like Barker, Hjarmlsson (sp), Brouwer and Bolland -- we have several guys on the roster who don't figure to be here beyond this season.

It's nice to have this issue of depth. If one of our non-Toews/Kane guys goes down, we shouldn't miss too much of a beat.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 21, 2007 -> 02:04 AM)
I've been following the Hawks closely this year and I am really excited about what I see. Kane and Toews are the real deal and I cannot wait to see this team with Havlat at full strength. I haven't gotten this excited about hockey in a long time. This may sound dumb, I hope not, but what happened to Seabrook, Skille, and Cam Barker?

I'm not sure if we'll ever see Havlat at full strength this season.

Skille and Barker are playing for the Hawks minor league team in the AHL. Seabrook is on the Hawks.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 20, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
That's something that makes this all the more enjoyable. Someone even lays a finger on Kane, there's multiple guys behind Kane who will come to Kane's defense. It's great having Koci, but Wizniewski -- despite his size -- is willing to take a pounding just to stick up for his team, get the team some energy, whatever it is (and I'm selling Wiz short here -- he gets his shots in and rarely gets "pounded", as I put it). That one little guy who was giving s*** to Kane (not Antropov) -- when he skated by the Hawks' bench, I don't think Koci took his eyes off of him.

They're a whole bowl of fun to watch.

I was listening to the game online and watching via my DVR so I could sync up the commentary. I think it was in the 3rd, but either way there was a scrum in front of the Hawks net, and someone was pushing and shoving Kane. John and Troy had an exchange about it and John said, “I wondered what’s going to happen the first time someone makes a run at Kane or Toews?”

Troy jumped in and said “There’s no place for that in the game, but you’d see 19 guys off that bench and 3 from the press box on the ice so fast...” Everyone on this team is willing to stand up for these kids.

Right after the camera cut to Koci on the bench and like you said he was watching the guy the whole way back to the bench.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
It wouldn't be difficult at all to fit Hawks games into their schedule.

When the Bulls aren't playing, what else does CSN have on their winter schedule?

This is good news - I hope they can get this done!

At the very least, I'm sure they can fit a handful of games on CSN+ (CLTV). Or, what would be even better would be to get a couple of games on WGN -- get the Blackhawks out there to as many people as possible.

Also...

Theys' is startin' to recognize!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 22, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
It wouldn't be difficult at all to fit Hawks games into their schedule.

When the Bulls aren't playing, what else does CSN have on their winter schedule?

This is good news - I hope they can get this done!

The Chris Meyers Interview and re-runs of girls volleyball need air time too!

"According to Spectorstraderumors and hockeybuzz.com the Chicago Blackhawks are willing to part ways with prospect defenceman Brent Seabrook in order to obtain a second line centre or a promising young centre. The teams beleived to be interested are Edmonton, Philadelphia, Ottawa, and Minnesota. hockeybuzz claims to have this from an extremely solid source. It is also speculated that this will go fast or not at all, and that three other teams (that are unknown) are also putting together mega packages.

Seen this on hockeytraderumors.com

Now I would be a little disappointed if the Hawks trade Seabrook. Yes he has struggled but I think they would be better keeping him.. of course it would depend on what they could get in return as well though.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 23, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
Interesting. I think the Hawks would be making a mistake trading away Brooks, but if the package was right, shipping off Seabrook, acquiring a scoring punch, then coming back and signing Markov could be a really solid move.

EDIT: Looking at the page, the article you posted was published in late February.

Ahhh nice catch....wonder why that was still up on that page. I obviously didn't pay any attention to that....