How many bones have you broken?

NorthSideSox72

Broken Bones  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How many broken bones have you had in your lifetime?

• None
    • 3-5
    • 6-10
    • 11+

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
I fractured a bone in my finger, but thats the closest I've been to breaking a bone. So technically, I've never broken a bone.

fracture = break, at least according to the medical texts they gave us back in EMT school. The terms are interchangeable.

You mean you had like a hairline fracture or something?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)
I have broken one, but I didn't know I broke it until years later. Crazy thing is, I broke the bone that carries all the weight in the ankle, and never knew it. Crazy, no?

Is that the same bone Frank Thomas broke repeatedly, the navicular bone?

I havent broken anything yet(knock on wood). I had some close ones with my nose and my shoulder, but no breaks

Left leg in 3 places, 3 bones in my left foot, 3 bones in my right foot, every finger once, 2 of them twice, one thumb and my nose. The left foot bones were all broken at the same time, the right ones were broken at the same time, but the fingers were mostly one at a time for various reason. Sports related injuries, fights, drunken escapades, etc. Thankfully those were a long time ago, the most recent being the right foot in 2000. Now I just tear things, like the rotator cuff and ACL.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
Left leg in 3 places, 3 bones in my left foot, 3 bones in my right foot, every finger once, 2 of them twice, one thumb and my nose. The left foot bones were all broken at the same time, the right ones were broken at the same time, but the fingers were mostly one at a time for various reason. Sports related injuries, fights, drunken escapades, etc. Thankfully those were a long time ago, the most recent being the right foot in 2000. Now I just tear things, like the rotator cuff and ACL.

I think you win.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)

That explains the brain injury that resulted in the republican point of view . . . :cheers

I kid, because I care™*

*Used by permission of FlaSoxxJim

All rights reserved

Four bones total.

I was born with a broken clavicle, apparently the delivery doctor was pretty ham-fisted in yanking me out.

I also broke both of my big toes on different occessions. One of those toes I broke while playing a hardcore game of duck-duck-goose while barefoot. I guess that accident wouldn't be too surprising for a kid, but I was 20 years old at the time at a kegger at The Beutiful Place in Urbana, so it's a pretty dorky way to have broken a bone.

Most recently I broke my thumb when I slammed my hand into a tree trunk running to catch a ball while playing baseball with my kids at the park. Also a fairly dumb way to break a bone.

Then again, is there a smart way to do it? :D