Over 21 Thread - Anything Alcohol - :-)

Texsox

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
Call me crazy, I might be the only person in the world that actually LIKES tequila.

You're not alone. That's how I feel. I bought a bottle of Patron one time and everyone thought I was crazy when I said I liked to drink it on the rocks.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
Jameson whiskey on the rocks. My first few bottles I had to add some water, but over the course of the year (got into it when my parents came back from Ireland and fell in love with it) I'm finally able to handle it straight up for the most part. About 2 glasses (4-5 shots) and I'm good for the night.

Thank you, sir. Was about to post this. There is nothing better than Jameson on the rocks. If you don't think you can handle whiskey or don't like the taste, let it sit in the ice for a few minutes and you're golden. It tastes fantastic. (But don't chug.)

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
Jim, try some Kostritzer if you can find some. It's worth a search.

Ah, the Schwartz is with you. :drink

Kostritzer is a long-time favorite of mine and the schwarzbier style is my favorite German dark lager style. Gooood stuff.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
Ah, the Schwartz is with you. :drink

Kostritzer is a long-time favorite of mine and the schwarzbier style is my favorite German dark lager style. Gooood stuff.

I should have known! We've got something here in Mpls. that you'd like, if you're into hops. The Furious, in particular.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
I should have known! We've got something here in Mpls. that you'd like, if you're into hops. The Furious, in particular.

I'm a certifiable hophead for sure. I've not been lucky enough to sample anything from That place – I assume it's fairly new?

Hmm, come to think of it, other than Summit, Schell, the defunct first James Page, and Cold Spring (now Gluek owns them I guess), I don't think I've had anything else out of Minnesota. Not much regional micro stuff makes it out to the Beer Wasteland that is Florida.

Beer of choice for me is usually Corona's. Unfortunately I can't get them as cheap down here as I could when I was over in the States, you're looking at $15 for a sixpack down here, and up to $8 a bottle in some bars in the city down here.

I do also love Beck's and Heineken's though. Usually down a few Beck's straight after work on a Friday.

Also some of the Belgian Beers such as Leffe, which unforunately you can't buy more than 1 each, are great, especially the Blond flavor.

Mixed drinks usually I just go for the Southern Comfort and Coke. Bought a couple of bottles from LAX duty free a year or 2 ago, and I still have a bit left.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 05:24 PM)
Just seeing that word on screen made my body shiver and break out into that cold sweat like right before I puke.

I agree completely. However for the most part, whenever someone gets me a shot thats normally what I end up drinking.

Also, my friend, a guy, is on the strangest Mikes Hard Lemonade kick and its beginning to scare and/or bother me.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
I agree completely. However for the most part, whenever someone gets me a shot thats normally what I end up drinking.

Also, my friend, a guy, is on the strangest Mikes Hard Lemonade kick and its beginning to scare and/or bother me.

I would drink Mike's if it's free or if it has a shot of Vodka in it. Really no other time is there that I would drink it.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
that stuff is like candy.

Yeah, no kidding. The last time I blacked out included taking many shots of jaeger. It just goes down so easily, it's hard to stop... But I must say that I've never actually bought a bottle myself. I've only drank it at bars or when someone else has it.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 27, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)

Mikes is too sweet. I haven't had one in many years but I remember my stomach hurting and not being very drunk.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 09:12 AM)
Any favorite hot toddy's?

Hot toddys?!? You have really embraced being old as dirt haven't you? :P

clarence.jpg

That’s a good man. I was just thinking of a flaming rum punch. No, it’s not cold enough for that. Not nearly cold enough . . . Wait a minute . . . wait a minute . . . I got it. Mulled wine, heavy on the cinnamon and light on the cloves. Off with you, me lad, and be lively!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 08:56 AM)
Hot toddys?!? You have really embraced being old as dirt haven't you? :P

clarence.jpg

Helpin' a friend enjoy the spirits. ;) And enjoying every minute of it. :lol: An old man needs his comforts. The only one I could think of was hot chocolate and peppermint Schnapps.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 09:43 AM)
Helpin' a friend enjoy the spirits. ;) And enjoying every minute of it. :lol: An old man needs his comforts. The only one I could think of was hot chocolate and peppermint Schnapps.

"Out you two pixies go, through the door or out the window!"