Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:31 AM)
i am checking to see hoe feasible it is to post via my cell phone. navigating is tough on the small screen, knowing where things are helps, but this is not very good.

there is a lo-resolution version of the board that makes it easier, but it still sucks.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
Why?

That's the best part, I have no idea why. I posted the same article about national city failing and then the next time I went back to click something I got the message with a generic message directing me towards TOS. Man the answer to the national debt is WSI. They are so tight, just insert some coal and they will have diamonds coming out in no time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:48 AM)
I got banned at WSI in my second post. True story.

:lol:

:headbang I thought I was going to be banned in 2005 for telling George he was wrong, but I survived. I haven't been back in a couple years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:53 AM)
That's the best part, I have no idea why. I posted the same article about national city failing and then the next time I went back to click something I got the message with a generic message directing me towards TOS. Man the answer to the national debt is WSI. They are so tight, just insert some coal and they will have diamonds coming out in no time.

:lol: That is unbelievable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:53 AM)

:lolhitting Do you think they figured out it is you?

I was banned, or at least suspended, from WSI, back in '06. And here is the best part - it had nothing to do with anything I posted there.

For whatever strange reason, back in 2006, I decided to post a few times on the Tigers' board. There was a poster on there, named Timberwolf, who was a huge Twins fan and just a general ass. Anyway, he also posts on WSI. One of the Tigers' board posters asked me about the various Sox boards, so, I gave him a breakdown. And I honestly wasn't insulting at all to WSI - just pointed out that WSI is more the common fans' board, and for that matter, was a lot less harsh than the SoxTalk crowd (and that SoxTalk was a little rougher on new posters, but had more pure baseball knowledge). Apparently, Timberwolf took some excerpts from my posts (not the whole thing, of course), and sent them to the Mods at WSI, who then banned me.

A few months later, I talked them into reinstating me. I still post there, on occasion.

I'll probably get banned again for this post. :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
And I get the reputation for being a hardass. I am a AAAA admin compared to those guys. :wub:

Did you use this screen name? When I'm lurking I always change mine. Which can be fun. I remember someone here who always disagreed with me, who agreed with me there. My post was almost word for word the same.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
Did you use this screen name? When I'm lurking I always change mine. Which can be fun. I remember someone here who always disagreed with me, who agreed with me there. My post was almost word for word the same.

Yup. I wanted them to know who I was to thank everyone for attending the softball game. I wasn't even trying to hide.

Back in 2005 when the sky was falling, they got pissed at a couple posters who kept predicting the Sox would not make the playoffs. They cut a deal that if the posters were wrong and the Sox did make the playoffs, their accounts would be suspended. I posted that was a stupid idea and George had it backwards, that if they were right and the team missed the playoffs, who would want those posters around saying they were right, rubbing everyone's nose into it, all the while the Sox season went to hell. Their account whould be suspended if they were right and if there where wrong they should have to log on and have everyone point out how wrong they were. Someone even posted right afterwards I'd be suspended or banned. But I believe I still have posting privileges there. I forgot my password.

That place just seems too boring most of the time. Too much like a fern bar with guys in suits after work having a gin and tonic and bracing for the train ride home to hell. Of course the other place seems like the day care center. I'll stay here with the crazies.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
Yup. I wanted them to know who I was to thank everyone for attending the softball game. I wasn't even trying to hide.

I need a screen shot of Southsider2k5 with 2 posts :lolhitting