Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
So I played one on one today against a guy who was a redshirt freshman last year on the University of Arizona basketball team and beat him to 11 (we were playing to 15 and I eventually lost, but it was a zillion degrees and I got fatigued, I was up 11-6).

I have absolutely no idea how it happened but he kept complimenting my basketball moves (and for anyone that has seen me play, I am a typical white guy on the court, ie very unathletic). I have a nice step back jumper though.

Regardless, I felt like a legitimate basketball player after such a performance. He also had some cool stories talking about how happy him and the players are to have Lute Olsen back (he said he wasn't around Lute much, but when he was, the difference was huge from the guy that had replaced him).

wasnt that Kevin O'Neill? Nobody likes that guy

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
Yeah O'Neill had a pretty bad reputation when he was coaching for the Toronto Raptors. Think he used to be on Larry Brown's staff once upon a time?

I think he is known as a super disciplinarian, which is why nobody likes him. I think thats why he has been run out of whatever town he has coached at

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
I think he is known as a super disciplinarian, which is why nobody likes him. I think thats why he has been run out of whatever town he has coached at

That type of coach just doesn't work nowadays unless you have won championships.

Coaches like Bill Parcells etc. can get away with that, nowadays coaches just have to be more player friendly if they want to have success, otherwise the players will just tune out.

I don't believe I've posted in here before, but oh well. When I was a kid/teenager, I had the absolute worst crush on Mandy Moore. And this wasn't for her acting (which is actually good), it was for her lousy music like "candy" and all that. Even then, I knew the music was garbage, but I thought she was the hottest thing ever. Anyways, I saw one of those "music yearbooks" on fuse a few days ago and it had one of her videos on there, brought back some good memories. I could at least see why I had such taste in those days.

Anyways, I am also going to games in Minnesota, Kansas City, and St. Louis next week. Should be a good time.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
Been watching the last 3 seasons of "Weeds". What a great show. Halfway through season 3 right now.

I need to start watching that. My brother owns the 1st 2 seasons. I should borrow them.

I, myself, have just finished watching the 1st 2 seasons of Prison Break, and am 2 episodes into Season 3. I had never seen the show, but heard good things, and now I'm hooked.

I have a problem with this commercial with the phone with the mirror on it starring the girl from The Hills. Why is she mad at the dude for staring at the hot girls walk by with his phone when her narcissistic face is in her mirror phone fixing her make up.

Kettle and the pot much?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
Been watching the last 3 seasons of "Weeds". What a great show. Halfway through season 3 right now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
Weeds is simply awesome.

Best show on teevee right now, hands down. And if Mary-Louise Parker isn't the definition of what you youngins refer to as a MILF then there's something not quite right.

4th season has been lots of fun so far with some interesting twists. I won't give anything away.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
Best show on teevee right now, hands down. And if Mary-Louise Parker isn't the definition of what you youngins refer to as a MILF then there's something not quite right.

4th season has been lots of fun so far with some interesting twists. I won't give anything away.

There's a reason it was milfweed.

You know, when Andy first came on the show, I thought he'd be a little much to handle, but I love the role he's grown into.

BTW, thank GOD for ondemand which allows me to watch it at my leisure.

About this weeks Weeds

I really got a kick out of the "B" story (heh heh) with Shane and Silas. Kevin Nealon is still friggin' hlarious. However, the plot like with Nancy and Guillermo and the Maternity store is a little difficult to figure out. The very ending just had me confused as well. Pretty good episode, all told.

Every day I get a different song stuck in my head for various reasons, doomed to be repeated until I either blast it out with my Ipod or until i fall asleep for the night.

Today, it is the original "Legend of Zelda" theme in MIDI.

Im going absolutely bonkers right now, I have no idea how it got in my head and i want it out NOW