Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)
Does anyone know of a program that can take songs from an ipod, and put them on a computer? My old computer crapped out on me, and I have a new one. I'd like to put the songs from my old computer/ipod onto the new computer, without erasing them.

Copypod

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have realized saying hello to a co worker in passing at my job is a HUGE commitment.Once I say hello to that person passing by Iam bound to say hello to them EVERYDAY that I see them.Because if I dont say hello one day they will think Iam an ass and wonder why Iam not saying hello anymore.So for now on Iam going to be very selective with my new hello arrangements because I just cant fit anymore god damn hello's in the day.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 08:21 AM)
I have realized saying hello to a co worker in passing at my job is a HUGE commitment.Once I say hello to that person passing by Iam bound to say hello to them EVERYDAY that I see them.Because if I dont say hello one day they will think Iam an ass and wonder why Iam not saying hello anymore.So for now on Iam going to be very selective with my new hello arrangements because I just cant fit anymore god damn hello's in the day.

Hello

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 08:21 AM)

It could be worse, it could be a "kiss hello".

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
So, through two days of little league umping...

the coaches are MASSIVE tools.

Parents will probably start getting to you as well.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
So, through two days of little league umping...

the coaches are MASSIVE tools.

I ump'ed little league when I was in high school. I once had to break up a fight behind the backstop... it was the two head coaches.

Embarrassing.

Parents and/or coaches get waaaaaaaaay too involved in those games. Its like they are trying to live out their own little dreams that were dashed decades ago.

The thing is, too, that the kids have not given me a single problem so far. I've had a catcher yell "nice pitch" on close pitches before when I call a ball and he thinks its a strike, but nothing more than that.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
The thing is, too, that the kids have not given me a single problem so far. I've had a catcher yell "nice pitch" on close pitches before when I call a ball and he thinks its a strike, but nothing more than that.

I had a coach that told our catcher to say that. So, that probably isn't the kid's idea.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
I had a coach that told our catcher to say that. So, that probably isn't the kid's idea.

Might be, might not. Either way, it was nice to have players thank me for umping after the game...from both teams.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 04:53 PM)

99% of the time, it isn't the kids. The kids almost always have more sense and manners than the parents do. I ref'd peewee basketball for about 5/6 years, and it wasn't even close.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 06:51 AM)
99% of the time, it isn't the kids. The kids almost always have more sense and manners than the parents do. I ref'd peewee basketball for about 5/6 years, and it wasn't even close.

Its parents everywhere.

My son is in the 3-4 year old soccer program through Downers Grove Park district. At the end of every quarter program they have a Kids versus Parents soccer game. The parents get what it is, and have a lot of fun with it. The minute you get the ball, make sure the ball gets passed to one of the kids. Its all about the kids. Except for some super soccer parent who has decided that putting a beating on the kids is the only way to teach them the life long lessons of how to take defeat. He steals the ball from a 3 year old, then takes a shot that caroms off of another 3 year old who of course falls down and cries. He then runs in and scores all proud of himself. A couple of the fathers pull him to the side and ask him what is his problem. He tells us, well you cant let the kids believe that this is a game, that they should play to win. I told him be happy that the kids are playing, dont do anything to destroy their interest in the game. Father of the year is lucky he didn't get lynched.

I already realize that I will have to coach my sons baseball down the road. I have witnessed too many a coach who puts the 10 year old pitcher through the ringer. They have the 10 year old throwing breaking pitches, working too much, and allow bad mechanics. Lets make sure that we win the 10 year old league title because that is more important than the kids arm. Kids shouldnt throw breaking pitches until 14 or older. I don't want some superdad screwing my kid up, ruining him or his love of the game. The most important thing in these kids games is to teach the basics, make sure that they are having fun. I am a firm believer in everyone plays as well. You see too much competitive baseball in little league where they bench the kid after the minimum because the league title is more important. There is plenty of time for competitive cutthroat baseball down the road.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 08:14 AM)
Its parents everywhere.

My son is in the 3-4 year old soccer program through Downers Grove Park district. At the end of every quarter program they have a Kids versus Parents soccer game. The parents get what it is, and have a lot of fun with it. The minute you get the ball, make sure the ball gets passed to one of the kids. Its all about the kids. Except for some super soccer parent who has decided that putting a beating on the kids is the only way to teach them the life long lessons of how to take defeat. He steals the ball from a 3 year old, then takes a shot that caroms off of another 3 year old who of course falls down and cries. He then runs in and scores all proud of himself. A couple of the fathers pull him to the side and ask him what is his problem. He tells us, well you cant let the kids believe that this is a game, that they should play to win. I told him be happy that the kids are playing, dont do anything to destroy their interest in the game. Father of the year is lucky he didn't get lynched.

I already realize that I will have to coach my sons baseball down the road. I have witnessed too many a coach who puts the 10 year old pitcher through the ringer. They have the 10 year old throwing breaking pitches, working too much, and allow bad mechanics. Lets make sure that we win the 10 year old league title because that is more important than the kids arm. Kids shouldnt throw breaking pitches until 14 or older. I don't want some superdad screwing my kid up, ruining him or his love of the game. The most important thing in these kids games is to teach the basics, make sure that they are having fun. I am a firm believer in everyone plays as well. You see too much competitive baseball in little league where they bench the kid after the minimum because the league title is more important. There is plenty of time for competitive cutthroat baseball down the road.

I know this has become the cliche in the everyone wins generation, but at the youngest ages, winning does not matter. When you are in the under 7/8 years old range, the things you need out of sports are super basic.

Learn the game.

Learn to work with other kids.

Learn to work with and respect authority figures.

Exercise.

Have fun.

Winning and how you play doesn't matter at all at that age. You don't need to learn "competitive" sports until you are in the late grade school range. Then you can start to learn it as a lesson for life.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
So I just had my photo taken with the Naked Cowboy.

Good times.

I wanted to do it about a year ago when I was there but had too much pride.I regret not doing it and will not rest until I get the chance again. :ph34r: