Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 23, 2008 -> 08:42 AM)
Claim it was a patient with some exotic flesh eating disease and watch that ER clear out.

:lolhitting That is what is wierd about it,Iam the one usually looking at the patients like what the hell happened to you and now the tables have turned.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ May 23, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)
:lolhitting That is what is wierd about it,Iam the one usually looking at the patients like what the hell happened to you and now the tables have turned.

My neck is peeling now. I work on the beach and manage to burn a couple times in the Spring. I just never get it through my head that we burn year round here.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 23, 2008 -> 06:38 AM)
I had a sunburn that got my cheeks(not butt) and ears pretty bad a few days ago and now its peeling.Everyone is looking at me like Iam some sort of freak and lotion is not helping.

You are a freak. All you had to do was accept my offering of sunscreen but no, you thought you could handle 8 hr's of sun. Turns out you couldn't even handle 15 minutes of sun in the bleachers. Than again, I couldn't handle a middle finger 3 times the size of my other middle finger.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 23, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
You are a freak. All you had to do was accept my offering of sunscreen but no, you thought you could handle 8 hr's of sun. Turns out you couldn't even handle 15 minutes of sun in the bleachers. Than again, I couldn't handle a middle finger 3 times the size of my other middle finger.

Well OK, that is probably more information than we all want to know . . . :lolhitting

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 23, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
Well OK, that is probably more information than we all want to know . . . :lolhitting

No kidding,and he made me look suspect with a comment like that. :lol:

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 23, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)

Hence why I had to get my left middle finger sliced open and trained (also why my spelling is extra bad, since I'm typing with a splint on my middle finger). But my god, did that sentence come out horribly wrong :lol:

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 23, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)

That stuff sucked Iam sure it was the cheap kind being it was you that purchased it.HA!

Anyone ever regret watching a video online (specifically graphic in nature) that is so disturbing you can't get out of your head?

Earlier today I was interested in the "Battle at Kruger" video and began browsing various link through Google. Suddenly interested in Lions I continued watching similarily themed videos, and through one website there was a side bar listing related clips. Similar to Youtube. One is entitled, "Tourist killed by Lion as family/friends watch." I don't know what compeled me other than morbid curiousity, but I immediately regretted the decision.

The short clip chronicled a group of tourists in the early 70's viewing lions inside the confines of their cars, literally, within feet of the animals. Anyone could just step out and touch it. A narrator suggests the video was used in a lawsuit against an insurance company, so you know whatever is forthcoming will be bad. For whatever reason, this man -- with a camera -- exists his car to film a lion laying on the ground. From behind a Lion knocks him over and begins biting. The camera is shakey, understandably, and the clips shown sporadically cut from several lions (with blood visible on the man) attempting to kill this guy, to a shot of his children in the car; his infant child crying in the backseat. Probably due to his older brother and mother screaming. It ends with several lions chomping away on this guy's lifeless corpse.

Now, I've seen numerous videos before depicting people dying or being killed, but this one was especially disturbing. I believe what made it so bad, from my perspective, was knowing this guy's family was within plain sight of this attack and nearby friends couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't help but think what happened in the following years. How did the children do growing up without their father? Or the wife, knowing her husband's own stupidity led to his demise? On camera, nonetheless. There's no dignity in that kind of death.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Hmm, whenever I hear stories about someone being killed by an animal, I usually go back to the same thought. If someone very close to me was killed by an animal, I think I'd probably kill as many of said animal as possible. I know they say you can't take revenge on nature, but I'd give it a shot.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
Hmm, whenever I hear stories about someone being killed by an animal, I usually go back to the same thought. If someone very close to me was killed by an animal, I think I'd probably kill as many of said animal as possible. I know they say you can't take revenge on nature, but I'd give it a shot.

I'm a believer in well placed vengeance (haha), but it'd just seem useless to me to hold a grudge against a wild animal that did nothing but be itself. Although it's difficult to say how I'd react, since these type of incidents are probably such a burden to deal with. It's not natural, or common, and can't be easy for family members to accept. You're not going to get an answer from a wild animal, and everyone will just tell you it wasn't doing wrong. Can't exactly get closure from that.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Don't you love it when it is a nice day, you open your windows to air the house out, than a neighbor starts burning leaves, grass, or sticks and stinks up the neighborhood?

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 24, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
i saw a video of terrorists slicing a guys throat and cutting his head off...it was burned into my mind for a couple days

I can replay the 2 minutes of the Nick Berg video in my head. I watched it just shortly after it game out, whenever the hell that was.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)

Usually in the U.S., when a wild animal (bear, mountain lion) kills someone, they go out and kill it. People think its because it has a "taste for human blood", which may be sort of true (though more about ease of prey than taste), but its not the only reason for it. Its also partially to sate the public thirst for blood in revenge. They don't want a bunch of people going out and killing every *insert animal here* they see in response.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ May 27, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
Never had to get one pulled, not bad?

I got all 4 out, all were impacted, and I'm feeling fine just 12 hours later. Probably has a lot to do with meds but mainly I just wish I could eat real food.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 27, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
I got mine out on a Friday morning. I went out that night. However, the next few days weren't as fun. Just a warning.

Haha I figured I'll probably wake up tomorrow morning dying or some s***.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 27, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
I got mine out on a Friday morning. I went out that night. However, the next few days weren't as fun. Just a warning.

I always catch crap from all of my friends because I was only in bad shape the day of the surgery, I was able to go out and whatnot the next day...couldn't eat solid food yet, but my mouth was okay. I would still take the meds though to get people to drive me places and since I was on vacation from work and school.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 28, 2008 -> 07:52 PM)
The "Goobacks" episode of South Park is on right now. It's ridiculous to think of how funny the show was, compared to now. Again, my opinion.

Yeah, I still think South Park is fantastic. It's fallen off a bit, but it's almost impossible to keep a show going, fresh, and very good for 12 seasons. It's better than quite a few other animated series out there (speaking almost entirely of Fox's lineup).