Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 08:50 AM)
Parents and/or coaches get waaaaaaaaay too involved in those games. Its like they are trying to live out their own little dreams that were dashed decades ago.

I've vowed never to become one of those parents whenever I have children. Everyone has their own experiences, and it's the same issue generation after generation.

Outside the games themselves these parents are just as bad. Just last month during a Chicago Fire game I'm stationed as security on the field while young children are playing soccer at halftime. This one parent comes up to me and claims someone working for marketing, for some reason, said he has exclusive access near the field (without proper credentials) to film his daughter play. After I politely tell him that without credentials I can't let him past, he proceeds to argue with me. For nearly the entire team his daughter is playing. At one point, he even takes his camera out and starts filming me while he's talking. It was really an uncomfortable moment. I flat out told him if he doesn't put down the camera I'm going to call my supervisors I'm a very patient person, but I cannot stand persistent people at my job -- whether it's fans or parents -- who thnk rules don't apply to thm. They don't respond to logic, or reason. These parents are exactly why their kids are embarrassed of them later in life.

Its a serial expiration and quadruple witching day in the markets, and no one gives a s*** because all anyone can talk about is the Cubs Sox series. There is just a buzz in the air like no one's business. For people who don't live or work in Chicago and don't understand the rivalry between fans, they need to experience this day just once.

For those familiar with All State arena how does their seat numbering work? Are the double letters, such as BB in front of single letters, such as A, or is it the other way around? For the half arena concert formation would tickets in sec 101 BB or sec 115 A be better seats?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
For those familiar with All State arena how does their seat numbering work? Are the double letters, such as BB in front of single letters, such as A, or is it the other way around? For the half arena concert formation would tickets in sec 101 BB or sec 115 A be better seats?

The double letters (like 6-7 rows) are in front of the single letters

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)
I have Sox related plates, and I'm almost certain I was pulled over yesterday because of it. I was in my neighborhood, feet away my house when I noticed the lights on behind me. I ended up just pulling into my driveway for him to stop me. When the cop came up, he said I didn't fully stop through the last stop sign. I apologized, and he said he just had to write me a warning. He took about 15 min to do it, then when he came back, he probably talked to me for about 10 minutes about my plate, and how is he is a Cub fan, and he can't wait for this weekend.

Last summer I was riding with a friend of mine who has Sox related plates and we had pretty much the same scenario, except he was doing about 10 over the speed limit...either way it was just a warning and the officer asking us "what's going on with the sox this year?"

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
Last summer I was riding with a friend of mine who has Sox related plates and we had pretty much the same scenario, except he was doing about 10 over the speed limit...either way it was just a warning and the officer asking us "what's going on with the sox this year?"

About 9years ago, I was driving home from a late work night, when a cop pulled me over. I was sure that I wasn't speeding, didn't blow any stop lights, etc. He does the normal identification check, goes to his car and looks up my history in his computer. He comes back a few minutes later and only says "Nice sticker".

He was referring to my "You Asshole" sticker that was on the bumper of my piece of crap Chevy. I'm still convinced that it was the only reason why i was pulled over.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
after being harrassed constantly by the Enviornment Illinois people downtown, I have decided that I want to open up a bar and name it the "Club Baby Seals"

:lolhitting :notworthy

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
My favorite part was when the guy said pwned

I like when the guy walks in and tells them to follow him to another meeting, and the boss makes him read the validation script and he just walks out. The ipod girl was funny too because she sounded just like the actual pop-up

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
I don't care about her opinions, Elizabeth Hasselbeck is a babe. I saw her on TV in Vegas showing some skin. My oh my.

One of those women who you would rather not hear speak. And she is definitely smokin hot

Got up at 4 this morning to go see Coldplay at the Rockefeller Center. Queue was a wrapped around a whole block at 5:20AM when me and a buddy got there, but we managed to get in anyways.

Great show even if they only played 6 songs.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
Got up at 4 this morning to go see Coldplay at the Rockefeller Center. Queue was a wrapped around a whole block at 5:20AM when me and a buddy got there, but we managed to get in anyways.

Great show even if they only played 6 songs.

Have you gotten used to the time change yet?