Bedard to Seattle for Adam Jones +

BearSox

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22871543/

As of now, it looks like Jones was the only good prospect Baltimore got, and I am not fond of Jones at all. I think he is over hyped due to his athleticism.

Jones cannot be the only good prospect involved, I'm sure at least one of Clement, Balentien, and Triunfel is gone too. Maybe more.

Jones has a ton of talent, but I'm not sold on him being a star. He K's a ton and doesn't know how to walk. Sherrill is a nice lefty to have in your pen. Tillman has good stuff, but he has gotten light up at just about every level he's been at. Depending on the other 1 or 2 prospects, it's no wonder why the O's suck.

yeah this has been around for a while, but it went from being stuck on Jones(but that one was over quick as he had to be in it) to then Tillman cuz they look at him as a great pitching prospect. The prospect to be added wont be Balentien i can pretty much guarantee and if triunfel was added in that would be a nice player to get even though hes like 19 and would have to wait another 5 years for him.

For Seattle they have a sweet 1-2, but they arent going to put Morrow in the rotation anytime soon since they have Silva who they signed, Washburn who they put money into, and Ramirez. They have these players like Morrow, O'Flahery, and Rowland-Smith .. but all them will be coming in to relieve these guys and nothing else.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 01:45 AM)
There is no reason to think Seattle can't go head to head with the Halos.

Sure there is:

-Their offense looks to be terrible. ZiPS projects them to have one player to slug above .450 and that's Adrian Beltre, who sits at .450. They're also going to see regression from a couple of players (Vidro, Ibanez) with no real breakout candidates (probably some bounceback from Sexson, though).

-Who's their RFer as of today? Or their DH, for that matter?

-They're likely going to see big-time regression in the bullpen.

Their rotation looks like it'll be good, though -- Miguel Batista will probably be the worst pitcher and he's still good for 190 innings of a 4.50 ERA.

All told, though, it looks like another team who would probably be better suited to go younger (doesn't mean they can't or won't win the West -- just not likely). That seems oddly familiar... hmm...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 02:27 AM)
Im seeing Clement as well. He's solid.

Which is kind of odd, though -- the Orioles have Weiters (sp?) who (IIRC) was supposed to be a fast-track player who shouldn't have to spend a whole lot of time in the minors...

Then again, if they do both pan out, that's kind of a 'good' problem to have.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
Felix and Bedard are arguably the best 1 & 2 in baseball. That could be enough. I really like the potential of Seattle better than the Angels. Sexson and Beltre behind Ichiro could be tough.

The Angels need to look at getting some more pop I bleive.

not pointing any fingers or players out but like would Paul Konerko fit that bill that you are sticking out that the Angels need? :pray

Losers of this Trade: Minnesota, this basically sets the benchmark for how much the Twins can get for Santana, granted Bedard isnt as good but hes close. Minnesota probably is going to have a rough time getting the return pieces they were hoping for.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 02:55 AM)
I know you love to give all the credit in the world to the Cubs, but Lilly had NEVER pitched 200 innings before last season, and his ERA was more than a half run less than his career average(granted, the NL Central will do that to a lot of pitchers.)

The Cubs are lucky to be in the tallest midget competition they call the Central. I think Z will have a better season than last, but there is NO WAY Marmol repeats what he did last season. I still think he will have a fantastic 08, but either way, there will still be some regression.

I hate Ted Lilly....but he's still a solid starting pitcher. Jason Marquis is laughable, but I just didn't understand the Lilly hate. He'd easily be our #3.

No deal, says Andy MacPhail. He denies that Jones is headed to Baltimore for a physical. This Baltimore Sun link also has quotes from Jones, which kind of started the whole thing. Someone must've said something to him.

dun. dun. dun. :poof:

I f***ing hate baseball sometimes.

This from the M's board....

I know Jones was a huge prospect, but he had 140 major league AB's. I'm not sure if I call Bedard a true "ace", but he is the closest thing to an ace on the market right now, and they are pissed Bivasi just put them in a spot to win the West.

Um, Lindsay Johan?