LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

(1) check out EW articles on Lost, especially previews (come out Thurs morn) and recaps (come out Fri morn). The writer for EW just interviewed both producers and they said they would reveal the coffin mystery this season.

(2) I believe that they also at some point told people to disregard the details in that newspaper clipping. And if you think about it, that makes sense (think about the details surrounding the person playing the character you're thinking of and (1) above.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
I haven't read the last 10 posts in this thread, and it's killing me. I am 4 episodes into season 3, and want to get caught up to season four SOOOOO bad. I just haven't had the time with school/work. Ugh, seeing this bumped every few hours is killing me.

you have a long way to go, and stop reading all the fun secrets will be ruined.

i just got to watch this week's episode last night and wow. i really enjoy their writers' ability to lead you one way the whole episode then drop a snake in your lap right at the end.

i also loved hurley's line to kate: "you totally scooby doo'ed me."

LOL.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
i just got to watch this week's episode last night and wow. i really enjoy their writers' ability to lead you one way the whole episode then drop a snake in your lap right at the end.

i also loved hurley's line to kate: "you totally scooby doo'ed me."

LOL.

Ben had a great line when he was like why 3.2 million, why not 3.3 or 3.4

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
Ben had a great line when he was like why 3.2 million, why not 3.3 or 3.4

that number, like everything in Lost, has a purpose.

I think at some point (the last episode of the season is my guess) we will catch up to the flashback of the last year's season finale...and then present a whole new mystery.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
that number, like everything in Lost, has a purpose.

I think at some point (the last episode of the season is my guess) we will catch up to the flashback of the last year's season finale...and then present a whole new mystery.

which is the beauty of this show. i love how this year they've gone with flashforwards, but ones that are before last year's finale. so you've had a glimpse that something goes really wrong with jack, but now they'll use this season (and next?) to build toward that, all the while keeping us in the "present" time on the island. the story is really working on three tracks now: the island time, the near future, and the far future.

it is brilliantly conceived and makes me further believe the writers know exactly where they are going. there's no way to have this complex of a storytelling model without knowing the overriding conclusion.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
which is the beauty of this show. i love how this year they've gone with flashforwards, but ones that are before last year's finale. so you've had a glimpse that something goes really wrong with jack, but now they'll use this season (and next?) to build toward that, all the while keeping us in the "present" time on the island. the story is really working on three tracks now: the island time, the near future, and the far future.

it is brilliantly conceived and makes me further believe the writers know exactly where they are going. there's no way to have this complex of a storytelling model without knowing the overriding conclusion.

and fwiw... Ben said he didn't know what the smoke monster was... and coming from the guy who knows all and sees all, that worries me.

and wtf with the polar bear in North Africa?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
and fwiw... Ben said he didn't know what the smoke monster was... and coming from the guy who knows all and sees all, that worries me.

and wtf with the polar bear in North Africa?

maybe a previous dharma experiment? i dunno.

there was never any real explanation of dharma/hanso and what they were getting at by putting the hatches on the island. but it stands to reason it was part of a grander plan/scheme.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
maybe a previous dharma experiment? i dunno.

there was never any real explanation of dharma/hanso and what they were getting at by putting the hatches on the island. but it stands to reason it was part of a grander plan/scheme.

did it ever explain who the people were living on the island before Dharma showed up?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
did it ever explain who the people were living on the island before Dharma showed up?

nope, that neither. and that one really has me scratching my head, particularly since the only other original islander who was covered extensively was richard alpert, and that guy never aged from the time he met ben as a kid until when we last left him. weird.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
nope, that neither. and that one really has me scratching my head, particularly since the only other original islander who was covered extensively was richard alpert, and that guy never aged from the time he met ben as a kid until when we last left him. weird.

there has to be a return to the "mystery of the island" at some point. The Others 1.0, the 4 toed statue, the smoke monster, etc have yet to be explained.

There seems to be a battle looming between Ben and "the wealthy guy trying to find him" who sent Miles and co.

Penny still needs to play back into things along with her meddling super rich father who has to play into the Hanso/Ben/Dharma thing.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
there has to be a return to the "mystery of the island" at some point. The Others 1.0, the 4 toed statue, the smoke monster, etc have yet to be explained.

There seems to be a battle looming between Ben and "the wealthy guy trying to find him" who sent Miles and co.

Penny still needs to play back into things along with her meddling super rich father who has to play into the Hanso/Ben/Dharma thing.

i also recall in the last episode of last season ben told richard to take everyone to the "temple." so all those people are still on the island.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
i also recall in the last episode of last season ben told richard to take everyone to the "temple." so all those people are still on the island.

I clearly need to watch these episodes again!

mind numbing details

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
My $.02 was that the episode is not really time travel, at least I hope not, bit more along the lines of Desmond kind of..........oh to hell, I have no clue what is going on but it was done pretty good. Jack is starting to annoy me.

Jack has annoyed me since the start of the 3rd season. He acts like a moron 95% of the time and makes decisions that don't make any sense.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
My $.02 was that the episode is not really time travel, at least I hope not, bit more along the lines of Desmond kind of..........oh to hell, I have no clue what is going on but it was done pretty good. Jack is starting to annoy me.

Well, that doesn't explain how Sayid/Desmond/the helicopter pilot were gone for a day in island time for a 20 minute flight back to the boat.

Aside from Desmond, there is some other element of time-shifting going on here...

QUOTE(iamshack @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
Well, that doesn't explain how Sayid/Desmond/the helicopter pilot were gone for a day in island time for a 20 minute flight back to the boat.

Aside from Desmond, there is some other element of time-shifting going on here...

hell yeah there is.....

BackToTheFutureMikeFox.jpg