Clips of Carlos Quentin...

daa84

I went back through the Dbacks top play Archives and these clips of Quentin got me excited so i thought id post the links.....he has some serious power...he doesn't need the cell to get these out of the park...even though these were from a while ago just seeing how far this guy hits the ball gets me excited...if owens is playing over this guy im gonna be mad.....there are some other clips of him making nice plays in the field in there too but these were eye popping ones for me

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/multim...i&ym=200706

watch the June 19th clip...titled Quentin's Homer...its a bomb

From 2006...

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/multim...i&ym=200607

July 22nd..Quentin Goes Yard...July 25th Quentin's Homer...

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/multim...i&ym=200609

Sept. 2nd..Quentin's Homer....Sept. 5th...Quentin's Solo Shot....Sept. 26th Quentin's Two-run Homer

all of those balls are crushed...each one would be gone in the cell by about 15-20 rows at least

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
When he came up in 2006, he hit 9 home runs and put up an .872 OPS in his first 166 at bats. That's some serious power.

I have heard this stat thrown out there a few times,and then I thought Chris Shelton.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 01:31 PM)
So you're comparing the 25 year old poor defensive 1B rule 5 pick let go by the Pirates to a 23 year old plus defensive corner outfield top prospect?

Who, if he wasn't injured at the time of the MLB draft, would have went off the board probably in the top 20 picks too. Quentin is a legit impact player and if he can reach his ceiling the Sox will have an perennial all star on there hands (solid average, above average obp, good power, above average defense).

God I'm really excited to see some of these young Sox play, but none so more than Carlos Quentin (a guy I've loved since seeing him play back in his days at Stanford).

Note: I'm not saying he will be an all star this year, but he has the tools of an all star.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
So you're comparing the 25 year old poor defensive 1B rule 5 pick let go by the Pirates to a 23 year old plus defensive corner outfield top prospect?

Noooooooo.I was just just trying to make the point that early numbers(first 150 bats)unfortunately are nearly meaningless.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
Noooooooo.I was just just trying to make the point that early numbers(first 150 bats)unfortunately are nearly meaningless.

They're only meaningless if they appear out of context with a player's history. Why should Quentin's early major league numbers be meaningless if he's done nothing but mash at every level? All he did was what people thought he would do. The guy can hit.

QUOTE(wsgdf_2 @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
They're only meaningless if they appear out of context with a player's history. Why should Quentin's early major league numbers be meaningless if he's done nothing but mash at every level? All he did was what people thought he would do. The guy can hit.

We all hope he can hit. He's probably a lot better than he showed in 2007, but thinking he might be able to duplicate his minor league numbers would be a stretch. He seems to have problems with injuries. I hope he doesn't become a chronically hurt guy. I liked the Quentin trade, I just think it may take some time before he becomes real productive.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 05:28 PM)
Swisher charges Padilla, also below it is 2 games beforehand where Swish admires an HR. Kid has some attitude thats for sure. I cant wait to watch alot of this young talent.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/multimedi...ve.jsp?c_id=oak

Padilla needs to get popped on the mouth really good.

If Quentin reaches his potential thats awesome. I hope that he does and we don't have to start owens in left. But I'm not quite ready to shine his knob as some fans are doing. There is a good shot at a break out year for him, but at the same time it is just as likely for jerry owens to bat 280 with 50 sbs, so he should not be excluded from considerations.

Edited by Hawkfan

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
If Quentin reaches his potential thats awesome. I hope that he does and we don't have to start owens in left. But I'm not quite ready to shine his knob as some fans are doing.

Good, you should hope he does, because Quentin reaching his potential is a LOT better than Owens reaching his potential... which is of course why he should get the first shot.

I don't know about the knob business, but I guess you're saying that some day you MAY be ready to shine his knob?

What kind of numbers would he have to put up?

:huh:

Swisher charges Padilla, also below it is 2 games beforehand where Swish admires an HR. Kid has some attitude thats for sure. I cant wait to watch alot of this young talent.

These clips are great... I especially like the diving catch in CF.

:cheers

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 05:34 PM)
Past Results

395 career major league ABs, .230/.316/.425/.741, 85 OPS+

365 career major league ABs, .268/.324/.315/.639, 67 OPS+

If one of these guys wins an OF job he'll hit in the bottom 3rd of the order so even if he doesn't live up to expectations he won't be logging a ton of PAs.

If the other guy wins an OF job he'll be leading off so if he doesn't live up to the team's expectations he'll be logging the most PAs in the batting order (if he plays everyday) and he'll be making outs in front of the best hitters in the lineup.

LOL Swish tried to spear Padilla. Love it! Brawls are awesome.

And he wasn't admiring that HR 2 games before - he was making sure it was fair. It only cleared the fence by about 10 feet.