Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime they go to the ESPN studio to start a show, everyone is straight up with good posture...except Knight, who is slouched over and looks like he doesn't care. I find it hilarious.

Final predictions now that Georgia is in...

IN

Arizona

Baylor

Illinois State

Kansas State

Ohio State

Oregon

South Alabama

St. Joseph's

OUT

Arizona State

Dayton

Florida

Florida State

Kentucky

Maryland

Massachusetts

Mississippi

New Mexico

Syracuse

Villanova

VCU

Virginia Tech

VA Tech better not get in, nor should ASU (ASU sucked balls down the stretch and big wins be damn they shouldn't be in). Arizona should be in. OSU should be out cause the Big 10 blows balls. I actually have Kentuck in because they played strong down the stretch (although they had a bad tourney loss). Kstate is in but they definitely weren't impressive down the stretch (But they weren't as bad as ASU was down the stretch).

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
You really think Arizona should be in without 20 wins and with an 8-10 conference record?

Yep, they had some solid wins and a tough schedule. Plus they played in the best conference in the land and no one is going to convince me there is a conference better than the PAC 10.

Committee gets the #1 seeds right and 3 of those 4 teams are going to be in the finals, imo (UNC/UCLA/KU).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
Yep, they had some solid wins and a tough schedule. Plus they played in the best conference in the land and no one is going to convince me there is a conference better than the PAC 10.

Committee gets the #1 seeds right and 3 of those 4 teams are going to be in the finals, imo (UNC/UCLA/KU).

What kind of bracket do you have when you have 3 teams in the finals? This isn't a triple threat match this year, is it? :D

East region:

1. North Carolina

16. play in game winner (St. Mary's of the NEC, Coppin State of the MEAC)

8. Indiana (ouch)

9. Arkansas

5. Notre Dame

12. George Mason

4. Washington State

13. Winthrop

6. Oklahoma

11. St. Joseph's (second major bubble team in)

3. Louisville

14. Boise State

7. Butler (wow, kinda low perhaps?)

10. South Alabama (first major bubble team in)

2. Tennessee

15. American

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
IU got a major screw job.

The committee said they were taking a lot of stock into how teams play in their last 12 games. I don't agree with that logic, but if you are using that logic and look at the league IU is in, it's not too far off. I'd still say they are more like a 6 though, so they were a bit underseeded.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
What kind of bracket do you have when you have 3 teams in the finals? This isn't a triple threat match this year, is it? :D

No I just indicated that those were my 3. I believe Stanford to be my 4th, but that would be dependent on them being in Memphis region. Otherwise Memphis could be my 4th or some other team in that bracket. Aside from that, barring some matchup I really hate, I freaking love the hell out of KU/UCLA/UNC when it comes to going deep in the tourney.

SUcks for Tennessee, Butler is a rough 2nd round matchup (how the f*** Butler is a 7 seed, I don't know).

Midwest:

1. Kansas

16. Portland State

8. UNLV

9. Kent State

5. Clemson

12. Villanova (Whoa!!)

4. Vanderbilt

13. Siena

6. USC

11. Kansas State

3. Wisconsin (thought they might get a 2, but the committee appears to not like the Big 10)

14. Cal-State Fullerton (this should be interesting around the boards...)

7. Gonzaga

10. Davidson

2. Georgetown

15. UMBC

Kansas State vs. USC is fascinating, i'm very surprised Villanova got in.

I have bets with a KSU person and a USC person. My bet with the KSU person is that Stanford goes farther (i made it about a month and a half ago when both teams were seeded similarly) and than I had a presason bet with an USC fan regarding UCLA going farther than USC (we all know how much I love UCLA). So barring a disaster for Stanford/UCLA, I will at least win one of the bets and therefor will be nicely covered.

My other tourney bet involves KU and Memphis as I picked KU going further than Memphis about a month ago (this was when Memphis was still undefeated). I will be interested to see whether all my mouth running and betting pays off.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Midwest:

1. Kansas

16. Portland State

8. UNLV

9. Kent State

5. Clemson

12. Villanova (Whoa!!)

4. Vanderbilt

13. Siena

6. USC

11. Kansas State

3. Wisconsin (thought they might get a 2, but the committee appears to not like the Big 10)

14. Cal-State Fullerton (this should be interesting around the boards...)

7. Gonzaga

10. Davidson

2. Georgetown

15. UMBC

Kansas State vs. USC is fascinating, i'm very surprised Villanova got in.

I f***ing hate Wisconsin Badger basketball too, so I like this matchup. Anyone know what time the Titans game is at? I'm going to be in Arizona for spring training so I got to make sure I can find a way to watch it.

South:

1. Memphis

16. Texas Arlington

8. Mississippi State

9. Oregon (Pretty good seed for a bubble team)

5. Michigan State

12. Temple

4. Pittsburgh

13. Oral Roberts

6. Marquette

11. Kentucky (kind of surprised they made it too)

3. Stanford

14. Cornell (Ivy league pride!)

7. Miami (good seed for them)

10. St Mary's (they made it, three out of the WCC, wow)

2. Texas

15. Austin Peay (fly is open, let's go Peay)

West:

1. UCLA

16. Mississippi Valley State

8. BYU

9. Texas A&M

5. Drake

12. Western Kentucky

4. Connecticut

13. San Diego

6. Purdue

11. Baylor (party time in Fort Worth, they get the last spot)

3. Xavier

14. Georgia

7. West Virginia

10. Arizona (they LOVE the Pac-10 in that room)

2. Duke (sweetheart seeding, no surprise)

15. Belmont

Illinois State, Virginia Tech, Arizona State, Ohio State, VCU, etc...........despair.

I am perfectly content with those teams that didn't get in. The teams that didn't get in, didn't deserve it. I think the team that had the best argument is Illinois State and they were hurt because there conference wasn't quite as strong as its been in years past.

Arizona is a team I wouldn't want to play if they happened to wake up, cause good god are they talented. I also am already picking the baylor over purdue upset.